Stranger Guide

8:30

Jennie had just come down from the plane, the jet lag had hit her head hard and she was in no condition whatsoever to use her human navigation system. The girl even messed up whilst trying to get into a bathroom (talking about her sense of direction), as to say, she went into the opposite gender's and found being stared at by a very bulk looking guy holding his tiny weenie.

Come to think, Jennie chuckled in delight for seeing the first porn ever in her life - but the stupidity side that lies in her embarrassment didn't vaporize in midair, it was showed upon her flushed cheeks and slightly curved eyes when she rushed out of the room in hurry before getting hit by a soap bottle - her head had messed up real bad.

Jennie was scheduled for an interview at a very well high-en company - it was about 30 minutes drive from the airport. But somehow Jennie got lost in the midst of the airport turmoil and ended up sitting like an odd ball in a Korean park; with nothing but herself and a luggage - considering her Korean as a superfluous equipment to her survival in the country where people seemed utmost, not friendly.

As time was running out and she was going to be late, Jennie panicked. She tried conversing with the majority of people passing by but they seemed to ignore her and rushed passed the poor helpless girl. In a way, Jennie cursed herself for not paying much attention in her Korean classes. If she did, she would now be sitting on a comfy chair inside an AC ventilated room with servants running around; serving drinks she wanted.

However, sitting on the park bench, she let out a long frustrated sigh - why oh why is this world so cruel, she thought. If there was one person, or half a person, Jennie didn't care if a zombie approached her, who would have the decency to tell this New Zealand girl where her company was...

9:00

And like god had come down himself, Jennie spotted that person. It wasn't what she had in mind, but nonetheless it's better than not getting back into the AC room. That person was sitting on the other side of the park, her hair was just about, blonde - yes blonde - considering the mere fact that not much Korean people dye their hair that colour this person must know some language.

Stereotypically saying

Jennie stood up grabbed her luggage and began to walk. Each step she took towards the girl made her heart thump, it was like going for a new adventure - more like desperation - and as closer she came, it was clear to her that this person was a girl. Guessing from the size, she was much taller than Jennie, the girl had nice curved lips - she had observed. The girl sat legs crossed with a book placed on her laps, her eyes were immersed into the writings that Jennie considered as...

Hell yeah! She can read English!

A smile spread across the girl's face, Air Con baby, here I come.

"Um excuse me" Jennie said with her fobby Korean. "Can I ask you something?"

The girl remained still as if she hadn't heard Jennie talking.

9:10

She grumbled and inhaled slowly, "Excuse me..." Jennie stepped closer, herself now towering over the blonde hair girl. "Excuse me?"

As when there was no response, Jennie bit her lower lips, she leaned towards the girl's ear.

If this person doesn't hear me this close, I'll just assume she'd been murdered...

"Excuse me-"

"What?"

Jennie froze.

"What," The blonde hair girl repeated icily, her eye fixated on Jennie's startled face which was about - 2 centimeters away. "I said what..."

Jennie felt her muscles became tensed, sweat began dripping from her temples, there was like a lump of nervous stuck in her throat. The girl's face was just about an inch close to her; Jennie felt her lips parch slowly as her eyes speculate the features of the latter.

The girl's face about, doll size, her eyes were candy like, despite the fact that it was sending deathly glares. Her eyebrows were slightly curve and colored brown. A very distinctive thing to see in Korea, Jennie thought as she carried on her expedition on this creature in front of her, her eyes met the nose. It was straight, nice bridge not like other Korean friends she knew who happens to go for plastic surgery every month just to insert a fake nose. Then her eyes bounced upon the glossy lips, it was pinkish colour, and thin not like Jennie's - which for herself she thought it was thick and oversized.

Jennie wondered on to how many lucky b*stards had savored those lips, she thought that it was one of the most beautiful things she have ever seen on earth- especially it was pink in colour - it was like strawberries.

What does her lips taste like-

"Please stop staring at my face"

Her chain of thoughts broke like a car going for a wrong turn and crashing into some street pole, Jennie fell backwards.

"Oh my god! "

The girl landed on her butt.

"Are you okay?" The blonde hair girl approached Jennie.

"Uh... yes" The girl bolted up. "I'm okay...haha" Jennie laughed dryly, brushing dust from her bum. "I... am... um ... yes okay"

"Right..."

The blonde hair girl nodded slowly and sat back on the park bench resuming the novel she was reading.

Jennie pressed her lips together and contemplated, this is harder than I thought.

"Excuse me..."

"Excuse me..."

Shrugs

Both of them paused.

Jennie felt her cheeks burning up, she stared down at her feet. Did she choose the wrong time to speak? And why did that girl talked the same time as her? It was so wrong, she wanted to dig her head underground right at that instance.

"New Zealand" the girl blurted.

"huh?" Jennie looked up surprised.

"You're from the New Zealand right? Based on your accent" The girl on the park bench asked with her hands on top of her book, she was sitting in a very traditional manner.

"Y...Ye...Yes" Jennie managed to say, it was odd finding herself stuttering over such a blonde girl. It's not like all her life she hadn't seen one before.

"I'm a foreigner too"

The girl's eyes lit up bright. "Re..really?"

"I guess this is your first time in Korea"

Jennie nodded vigorously.

"Do you have a guide?"

Jennie shook her head.

"What's your name?" The blonde hair girl asked Jennie, though for herself it was too abrupt.

"I'm... Jennie"

"I'm Lisa... I'll be your guide then"

...

9:30

"I guess you are hungry"

"Am...I?" Jennie cocked her eyebrow amusingly, "Uh... yes I am"

"Do you like noodles?" Lisa sternly asked the girl who seemed to be fiddling on her key chain for the past 15 minutes they've been sitting on the bench.

"I guess I can eat them" Jennie smiled shyly.

Lisa picked up Jennie's luggage. "Then let's go"

"Eh?" Jennie looked up at the girl, startled. "... go?"

By the time Jennie knew regained her mind, her hands had been occupied by another, dragging her away without her even knowing when or how or why was that hand holding on to hers.

But Jennie actually knows one thing.

It was so soft that the girl didn't want to let go.

...

10:00

"You don't know how to hold a chopstick..." Jennie promptly said when the noodles arrived at their table.

Lisa seemed dazed but remained her composure and stared at her hands.

"You can't pick up noodles with... that... yoga... type... holding style" The girl explained, "Noodles would fall off first"

"It wouldn't"

Lisa replied curtly and dipped the chopsticks into the bowl, spinning it around so the noodle got caught in a bundle. She lifted it up and showed her results to Jennie.

"See?"

"Oh..." The girl's mouth gaped open.

Jennie was surprised. She didn't know that one could twirl noodles around with chopsticks like using a fork with spaghetti.

"That was... Italian like" She commented, her chin on her hand - propped on the table.

"I suppose." Lisa replied softly, stuffing her mouth with the chopsticks. "Why don't you try?"

"Me?"

"Yes," Lisa pointing her chopstick at Jennie she continued. "It saves eating time"

The girl bobbed her head forward and stared at the noodle bowl. She picked the chopsticks beside her up and made an attempt to hold, she never knew holding chopsticks could be this hard.

Last time she remembered using it was when she was 5 years old and was eating pudding.

With her trembling hands Jennie twirled the noodles around, just like in an Italian restaurant where she ate spaghetti. But the more twirling she did, the more noodles slide off the end of the chopstick. It was like trying to pick up a single microscopic bacterium from an ajar plate.

Utterly impossible

Lisa chuckled.

"What?" Jennie shot up, her mouth forming a small pout as she watched the latter giggled in joy.

"You don't know how to hold a chopstick either"

"I know how..." Jennie argued, mumbling.

"Then why aren't you eating?" Lisa smiled stuffing another chopstick full of noodles into her mouth. "Cold stuff ain't good you know?"

"It's just that," Jennie didn't want to be embarrassed, "I... forgot how to hold it"

Lisa stared at Jennie quizzically. "You forgot how to hold a chopstick?"

"Yes" The girl said with a firm tone.

"I see then" Lisa piped. "Open up"

"What?"

Lisa held her chopsticks bundle with noodles in front of Jennie's face. "Open up"

"What?!"

"I'm going to feed you"

"Eh?!"

...

13:00

"Lisa you like noodles that much?"

"I love them" Lisa said cheerfully - contrary to her exterior when they first met, in her hands were Jennie's bag and a box full of dry noodles. "It's the easiest thing I can make without burning the kitchen down"

Jennie stared at the blonde girl holding the things in her hand, she wondered if Lisa's fingers were aching or not. She then stared back at her hands, which were empty, holding nothing but air.

She held her hands together.

Why isn't this soft?

"Jennie what are you doing?"

"Huh?" The girl looked at Lisa, who was once again staring at her like some sort of circus decoration.

God I think I look so odd

"I was uh..." Jennie contemplated.

Damn she must thought that I'm some kind of freak

"You look kinda cute"

Jennie's eyes sport a quake look, her cheeks flushed at the compliment. It wasn't rare for the girl to be complimented by another human being (mostly male) but by this one particular blonde girl, she felt her heart thumping loud.

Lisa averted her gaze away from the girl and gestured her head at a photo booth.

"Let's go there"

...

14:00

Jennie and Lisa were scrunched up in a very small cubicle, their bags were placed next to their feet as Jennie cycled through the photo frame options.

"Ugly,Ugly, Ugly... ew ... wait... is that BLOOD?!" Jennie wailed and jerked back like her hands were hit by a whipped.

Lisa stared at the option presented on the screen, "No its vampy theme"

"V...V..Vampires?" Jennie stuttered.

"Yeah, those pale white things with wings"

Jennie swallowed a lump in her throat.

She felt something crawl up her thighs, luring yet dangerous.

Something that sends her both shivers, and sparks.

"And claws" Lisa whispered into the girls ears. "And..."

The something was now making its way up to Jennie's neck, that something felt cold.

"Fangs"

Jennie felt something damp on her neck, slowly sucking onto her skin. At first she found it very, very, pleasant but as she realized that there was thing sharp feeling...

"AH!!"

Jennie screamed and shut her eyes, she curled up into a small ball on the photo booth seat. "GO AWAY I HAVE A CRUCIFIC!"

Lisa guffawed.

The latter whose eyes were tightly close lifted one eyelid, she gazed at Lisa who's laughing madly clutching her stomach.

"That.was.not.funny.at.all" Jennie stammered and wiped of the saliva on her neck. "Are you trying to kill me?!"

Lisa settled down and smoothen her shirt. "No, there was a bug"

Shrugs

"Bug?"

"On your neck" She explained.

Pause

"MY NECK?!" Jennie squealed and started to kick her legs in all directions. "BUG!"

"Hey calm down" Lisa tried to hold the girl still, but Jennie kept moving like there was ants inside her pants. "Jennie..."

"BUG! BUG! BUG! BUG! BUG! BUG! BUG! BUG! BUG! BUG!"

"Oi!" Lisa clasped her arms on to Jennie's body, stopping the girl from moving. Her chest was against Jennie's back; her head placed across Jennie's shoulders their cheeks touching.

"Just stop moving will ya" The girl hissed her breath tingling down the latter's neck.

"Buh..bu...But!"

Jennie was about to cry.

"I already suck it dead, no worries" She whispered into the girl's ears. "It... tasted sweet..."

"You.ate.bug"

Was all Jennie could utter.

Lisa ignored and hissed, "...just like chicken"

...

17:50

Jennie felt dazed as they left the photo booth, even though she was not sucked dry by a vampire or zombie she felt that her mind had reached its status of blank out. What happened earlier seemed to appear like series of image in her brain cells, one completely not connect to the other.

Lisa, helping her for the day was considerably thankful, but right now she felt being pushed to some edge next to a cliff, roaring with waves. She felt that if she fell down the cliff she wouldn't be able to go up, and like right now her position here felt uncomfortable.

"Time sure pass by fast" Lisa lifted her watch. "Do you want to go anywhere else?"

Jennie turned around to look at a perfectly fine Lisa - how could that girl be so, calm, at this time?

"No."

Jennie shifted uncomfortably on the park bench.

"You look tired" Lisa judged, "do you have a place to stay at yet?"

"No."

"Really? Do you want me to recommend-"

"Please stop"

The girl interrupted.

"Huh?" Lisa looked surprised.

"I mean... look" Jennie managed to lift her eyes to match at Lisa's level. "It's... been a long day and I think you should go home you know."

"Home?" Lisa questioned.

"Lisa, you have helped me a lot here" Jennie scratched her necks as reached her hands over to her bag, removing it from Lisa's grip.

"And I... really, really, really appreciate what you did for me"

Lisa nodded slowly, but there were no words from her mouth.

"You don't..."

She didn't let go off the bag.

"Lisa, I'll carry it"

Lisa shriveled an almost hurtful expression when Jennie was taking her bag back. They sat in that position of holding bags for the silence that occurred between them. Jennie couldn't understand what Lisa wanted from her, okay, Jennie understood - Lisa help her touring around the park - Lisa fed her - Lisa killed a bug for her.

But this couldn't carry on, Lisa should understand - Jennie didn't want to pull that girl back from her job. Or whatever she was working for - Jennie was pretty sure that this blonde girl wasn't a guide. And for the sake of herself, Jennie didn't know Lisa at all. And keeping the girl here would somehow - effect her in some way - Jennie thought. She hope Lisa understood what she was trying to say.

"I understand" Lisa sighed loudly, at last she let go.

Jennie shrugged.

"You do?" Jennie was relieved.

"You don't like me."

What?!

"I..."

Jennie's mouth seemed to open but only one word escaped, she felt like someone had shot a bullet into her throat, suffocating her, unable for her to breath out what she was going to say next. She looked straight at Lisa who wore a grimace expression.

"I shouldn't really push you." Lisa said weakly. "I'm sorry"

"But..."

Jennie didn't mean that at all.

"You don't have to say anything Jennie" The blonde girl covered her crestfallen face with a smile. "You really don't need to"

"Lisa-"

Jennie was cut.

"Have a nice day in Korea"

17:59

Lisa left Jennie.

Just before the girl could mutter

"I didn't meant that"

...

"Hello Jisoo unni... its Jennie..."

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

Jennie jolted at the response from the end of the line. "I'm... at the Korean national park..."

"WHY DID YOU JUST CALLED ME?!"

"I lost track of time unni" Jennie said softly.

"LOST TRACK OF TIME?! YOU ARRIVE AT SEOUL EIGHT THIRTY I TOLD YOU TO CALL ME RIGHT AWAY"

"I thought I was supposed to go to the company first-"

"I AM THE COMPANY"

"Unni..."

"SHUT UP AND LISTEN."

"Yes."

"YOU.PICK A CAB NOW AND GO TO THE KIM'S HOTEL."

"But how... could I..."

"I SAID SHUT UP. ARE YOU DEAF?!"

Would be if you still continue to shout like this...

"GO THERE AND TELL YOU ARE KIM JENNIE. TOMORROW AT NINE I'M GOING TO PICK YOU UP, JOB INTERVIEW. UNDERSTAND?"

"Unni wait..." Jennie was about to ask something but before she could say Jisoo had hung up. The girl slumped onto the pavement and stared blankly at her phone.

18:00

She sighed and stood up, looking left and right watching the people who were engross in walking around Seoul.

"Now how am I going to call a cab-"

Something blonde met her eye.

That moment her feet started shuffling against the crowd, she didn't care if there was going to be a person who would stomp her like a bug because of her rudeness. But that blonde girl, she knew the colour...

"Excuse me!"

Jennie placed her hand on to the latter's shoulder. "Lisa?"

"I'm not Lisa" The girl jolted her hand back, shocked.

"Hey Sana let's go, we're going to be late for the movies" A short person said from behind the blonde girl.

"Okay Mina unni" The blonde move away from Jennie, giving an apologetic bow the girl disappeared into the midst of Korean commotion.

18:01

Jennie felt shattered.

"I need my guide..."

...

"Here are your keys, please enjoy your stay at Kim's hotel."

The employee offered Jennie a key card.

"Do you want your luggage to be deliver?"

Jennie shook her head tentatively. "No."

"No?"

"I'll carry it" Jennie held the bag up. "There's only one piece"

Jennie turned away from the counter, gripping onto her bag tightly as she walked to the elevator. The only piece of personal belonging she took from the states, a single bag that contained nothing but 2 or 3 set of clothes.

Why was it feeling so heavy, just only one piece?

One piece of souvenir that - made her felt the blonde girl's touch.

So soft...

"Excuse me miss!"

She felt another grip on the bag, tugging from behind.

The words, so familiar, Jennie turned around a smile making its way across her face.

But soon her look was absorbed by the person assisting her.

"Sorry but our hotel policy is to-"

Jennie was lost with the sentence and snatched the bag away.

"Please no..."

...

Jennie threw herself onto the bed, the bag swung over her shoulder hitting the nice stand as it land. She rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling, her head felt numb her heart felt like it was about to fail a beat.

She lifted her hands so the palms were facing her eyes. Then moved the ten fingers about, wiggling it.

The girl shrugged.

She held her hand together.

Not soft

It's not the softness that she wanted to hold.

19:01

That night she couldn't sleep.

...

8:58

Jennie sat at the hotel lounge, her hands placed on her laps with her bag sitting next to her seat. She watched people move in and out of the hotel, one in one out, just like that.

She glanced at her watch again.

It was now relatively strange; she was glancing at her watch every minute.

Each second seems to move slower every time she checked.

"Oh Jennie!"

The girl looked up, she placed her hands next to her body as a familiar figure approach her.

"My sister!" Jisoo pulled Jennie into a hug.

"Unni" Jennie squirmed, she felt like being squashed by a tractor. "My ribs"

"Oh..." Jisoo smiled cheekily. "Sorry, are you ready to go now?"

"Is it time?"

"Yes, I've scheduled a new interview with the managers at ten thirty"

"It's just nine" Jennie tapped at the watch.

Jisoo flung her arms over the girl's shoulder.

"Time will pass fast kiddo"

8:59

...

10:30

"Now its going to be easy... no worries okay?" Jisoo supported her sister with a light pat on the back before she enters the meeting room. Jennie inhaled softly, and placed her hand on the knob. She glanced over her shoulder.

"Good luck kiddo!"

10:31

...

10:32

"Hi, My name is Jennie Kim"

Jennie bowed at the people who were going to interview her.

"I'm Park Chaeyoung marketing department manager"

Jennie shook hands with the tall girl wearing circular glasses which reminded her off Harry Potter.

"I'm Park Sooyoung, catering manager"

She shook hand with the tall skinny one.

"I'm Wendy, financial manager"

And then the tanned one.

"Now Miss Jennie, please down and tell us a little bit about yourself..."

...

10:45

"How did it go?" Jisoo eagerly ask as Jennie came out of the room, the girl wore a placate smile as she hugged sister.

"I think, I'll get in"

"Bravo" she gave Jennie another hug.

"But..."

Jisoo released the hug and look at the girl. "What is it Jennie?"

"Where's the CEO?"

Jisoo laughed, "Oh that cold hearted person?" She turned around and pointed at the end of the hallway

There was a figure with blonde head moving towards Jennie, she felt her heart thump louder.

The body moved closer, her eyes were welling up. Jennie couldn't see anything clearly now, except voice inside her head saying, check the time.

She looked at her watch.

10:46

She took a deep breath, it had been, 16 hours and 17 minutes that she last seen the blonde. It had been, the time where she felt there was a void in the universe, sucking her in slowly, it had been, what, long enough for her to feel the softness once again.

The one that she didn't want to let go, she felt that she hadn't been sane after the girl left.

They didn't even know each other for more than a day.

Now what? This feeling?

Am I in-

"Hi I'm Bambam the CEO."

Jennie cried.

...

A week later

Jennie slouched in her office cubicle; she stared blankly at her computer screen. Numbers were scrolling down like it was the matrix reloaded on her computer. The cup of coffee in her hand was stained with numerous number of pouring by her manager Chaeyoung, who seemed to be overly nice to her. She had been working at the office for several consecutive nights.

"Jennie you could rest you know-"

"It's okay Chaeyoung" Jennie cut the worrisome manager off.

She bit her lips. "You shouldn't work yourself this hard okay?"

"I know" She shortly said.

The tall girl sighed and move her way towards Jennie, she placed her hands on the girl's shoulder.

"Is there something bothering you?"

"N..No" Jennie denied, but it was completely obvious not to know she was having a problem preoccupying her head.

"I see" Chaeyoung sighed. "I'm not going to push you, if you don't want to talk about it"

"Chaeyoung..." Jennie looked at her manager, half hurt.

"I'll get you some more coffee" The girl quickly said as she grabbed onto the mug, leaving Jennie nothing to drown over her sorrow with.

You've got one new e-mail

Jennie jumped on her seat as she saw an email popped up into her inbox.

Click

<To: Hwang Miyoung

From: Human Resources Department

Subject: Employee Concern>

Jennie sighed, another stupid email from that employee concerned department. But to her it was more of a, nosey department. She had this email sent to her about 8 times a day, and she was not in the mood for reading some rules crap about the company; despite other stuff. She didn't come to work late, nor have any problem with the co-workers. There's simply no reason for this department to be concern about her, but yet why did they send an email.

Another sigh came out of the girl's mouth.

If I sent an email back to them, they might stop bugging me

Jennie clicked open the email.

After skimming

She felt tears

Dropping, staining her eye shadows and mascara..

Employee concerned department...

< Sincerely, Human Resources Department

Lisa Manoban
>

There was a knock at her cubicle, she quickly wiped away the tears and look up.

"Not now Chaeyoung, go away, I don't need any more coffee-"

"Excuse me..."

It was the familiar soft voice.

A smile split across Jennie's face as she heard the words.

"I'm your guide for today"

And for tomorrow

And forever...

P/s: second update! too lazy to check but still wanna post. can y'all recommend good gxg jenlisa please..