It's You

Irene was not Irene's name. Everybody knew that; but that was what everybody called her. Not Jennie though, most of the times, she called her Joohyun, or even Hyunnie, and proudly be the only one who could get away with it unscratched. And boy, how she loved abusing that privilege.

"Hyunnie, wine or champagne?" Jennie asked.

"Champagne? Are we celebrating something?" Chaeyoung said from behind the menu.

"Sort of, but I'm gonna have to go with wine," Irene said.

"Red or white?" Jennie asked again.

"No red for me please. How about something white and dry." Jisoo chimed in.

"Pouilly-Fume?" Jennie suggested after a quick glance at the beverages' menu.

"That would be nice." Lisa said.

"Pouilly-fume it is then." Jennie gestured at the waitress nearby.

"Order two," Chaeyoung instructed. "After all, we got three heavy-hitters on the table." She winked at Irene and Jisoo.

"Just one bottle please," Jennie said to the waitress. "We'll get back to you if we need another."

"Sure thing Miss," said the waitress before leaving.

"What's with the modesty?" Chaeyoung grunted.

"Not modesty, we are here to relax not to get wasted." Jennie replied shortly.

"Second that, I'm not in the mood for drinks either," Irene rubbed her darkening eye-bags that were getting harder to hide under the usual layer of make-up.

"So why are you here? If you want to relax, you should've gone to the spa like Wendy and Seulgi, or perhaps getting massaged like Yeri and Sooyoung," Lisa said.

"In honor of you, of course," Irene said matter-of-factly

"Why am I being honored?" Lisa asked.
"Because you are special, talented, and amazing," Irene grinned. "And the fact that your birthday is coming up."

Lisa hissed in disdain. "Ugh, you just have to bring that up, huh?"

"Wow, someone isn't too thrilled about the fact that she's getting old," Jisoo teased.

"Doesn't everybody?" Lisa said.

"Not me. I like getting older," Jennie said.

"You like saggy boobs, wrinkles, menopause...?" Lisa's words came out more abrasive than she had intended.

"No menopause talks please. I'm trying to blow off some steam here, not to depress myself," Jisoo chirped.

"Word," Chaeyoung tasted the wine when it came, and nodded in approval. "We definitely have to get that second bottle now."

"And some appetizers, too," Jisoo said.

"Shall we?" Jennie looked at the faces around the table and saw approvals on them. She gestured the waitress one more time and ordered some appetizers for the five of them.

"This resort is great, it got everything; the right atmosphere, amazing scenery, delicious food," Chaeyoung said between sips.

"I know right? I really loved the sauna and the pool too... I'll probably take a dip again after this," Irene exclaimed.

"Too bad we're only here for two days," Lisa raised her glass and swirl the content around.

"You should be glad we got two days off at all," Jennie said.

"Yeah, I know, work work work, busy busy,busy," Lisa retorted bitterly.

"No complains... you chose this life, remember? We all did,"

"Hey, ever think of what you guys will do, after all this is over? I mean, our idol days?"

Irene's question brought silence to the table. It was the question they constantly asked themselves over and over again for the last few years, but one its answer they dreaded and would like to ignore for as long as possible. They sipped their drinks quietly until the appetizers arrived.

"I think I'll keep on singing, no matter when or where," Jisoo said.

"I want to go back to Thailand, to live a quiet life," Lisa chimed.

"Seriously?" Irene furrowed her brows.

"Yeah, why not? I've had my fair share of fame and fortune. I can leave everything with a smile, and just... live for myself and just be me, for a change. I'm kind of tired of having to live up to an impossible image and expectations." Lisa said solemnly.

"Aren't we all?" Chaeyoung grinned. "I want to get married to a nice guy and have her baby."

"Second that." Irene high-fived the dancing queen.

"Let's have a toast," Jisoo stood and raised her glass. "To work and career."

"To dreams, both that have died and that really do come true." Chaeyoung stood.

"To friends, long lost and forgotten, present and all around, and those we haven't even met yet." Lisa followed suit.

Irene smiled then stood, "To sisters. Because that's what all of you are for me right now and forever."

Jennie, who had stayed in silence for quite some time, stood up and drank her wine without a say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the help of Jisoo, Jennie carefully laid Irene on her bed and draped her with a fresh and scented cover. As she sat there, on the edge of the bed, she couldn't help but fixed the strands of hair which had drifted onto Irene's beautiful face.

"Is it okay to leave her just like this?" Jennie asked Jisoo.

"Leave her? I'll be right here." Jisoo pointed at the bed beside Irene's.

"Yes, but she might need something later on, and you're quite a heavy sleeper."

"Jennie, she's drunk, not sick."

"Yeah, I know... but..."

"No buts. Just leave her to me. I'll keep an eye on her. Now, out! Irene isn't the only one who needs some sleep right now," Jisoo pushed Jennie toward the door.

"I'm not sleepy."

"That's nice, but I was referring to myself. Now out." Jisoo gave a last push then closed the door, leaving the leader alone in the hallway. Well, not exactly alone, as it turned out, Lisa was there too, leaning her back on the wall behind Jennie.

"How is she?" Lisa asked.

"Wasted."

"And she said she's not in the mood for drinks," Lisa smiled.

Jennie simply shrugged.

"So, what are you up to now?" Lisa asked.

"I don't know... Sleep, I guess. How about you?"

"I'm going out to get some fresh air, would you like to come with me?" Lisa said

Jennie glanced quickly at her wristwatch, "But it's almost midnight."

Lisa laughed. "Not going downtown, out. I'll just be outside at the garden."
"Oh."
"Come." Lisa gestured with her head.

The hopeful look in Lisa's eyes was too much for Jennie to resist. She nodded and followed Lisa who led the way with a bright smile on her face.

They ambled through the foyer, toward the garden at the side of the resort. Lisa had caught a glimpse at the garden earlier and promised herself to visit it when she had the chance. The garden was beautiful, to say the least. It has a playground in one corner with swings, seesaws, and a water fountain. Trees stretched their dark branches overhead, and below were dense shrubberies.

Moments later, the two girls found themselves standing at the edge of a small pond; with the water absolutely still, reflecting the sky. While on the other side, was a rose garden surrounded a formal, three-tiered fountain. The vicinity was illuminated by a series of floodlights that made it possible to see the blooms even in the darkness.

"This is beautiful." Jennie awed.

Lisa stared at the shorter girl's face attentively, a faint smile on her face. . "It is, isn't it?"

For a while, they stood in silence, listening to the breeze as it gently moved the leaves overhead.

"You look tired." Lisa said later on.

"I am." Jennie's gaze fell on the surface of the pond. "In fact, I've never felt this tired since... well, ever actually."

"And not only physically either."

"What?" Jennie glanced sideways to find a certain kind of melancholic smile she had never seen gracing Lisa's face before.

"Nothing." The younger girl slightly shook her head.

Another moment of silent.

""Jennie~ah."

"What?"

"When people talk about soulmates, do you think they actually believed that stuff, or just loved the romanticism of it?"

Jennie gave her shoulders a little shrug. "I'm not sure. I never really think about that kind of stuff. But I guess some people really do believe it's true."

"How about you? Do you believe in soulmates?"

"No."

"Yeah, me too... It's ridiculous... and sad right? I mean... to think that most of the people in the world right now are walking around with just half of their souls, searching for that somebody who possibly they won't even meet."

"It's not just sad, it's evil. Because doesn't that means that we're nothing but fragments of our true self? That we'll never be fully happy or fully alive without our soulmates? That we are, in a way... defects."

"Exactly!" Lisa exclaimed. "And even if by some chance, they do meet, there's no guarantee that things will work out right? Because... there are just too much variables in love and life, and God knows how hard it is to make a working and healthy relationship."

"I thought the main tenet of the concept is that, when you finally meet your soulmate, nothing else matters, and things will work out fine... because you're meant to be."

"But real life doesn't work that way, doesn't it?" Lisa let out a weak smile.

"True... It doesn't." Jennie took an elongated pause. "But with the risk of sounding like a naïve optimist, I really do believe that for every person out there, there's a match for him or her."

"Well of course, with six billions people in the world, it would be hard not to."

"No, I mean like a perfect match, you know? Like when they're together, everything just clicked so much, that they couldn't help thinking, ah yes this is the one."

"What if only one of them thinks that way?"

Jennie looked up in surprise, while Lisa simply stood there, eyes up on the dark sky, watching the faint glow of crescent moon behind the thin veil of grey cloud.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what if it's one sided? Like you and Irene."

"I don't think I understand what you're trying to say."

Lisa exhaled sharply. "Come on Jennie~ah, we all know you're still in love with her.... She knows you're still in love with her."

A cold breeze swept the two girls, sending shivers throughout their bodies.

"Jennie~ah, it's been what? Five years now?" Lisa wrapped one arm around the shorter girl's shoulder, slightly fending off the chill around them. "I hate to say this, but you do realize that it's hopeless right? She's not like us."

As if her last ounce of strength had suddenly abandoned her, Jennie's shoulder slumped and she could barely keep her head up. "I know that... I know that she could never love me the way I want her to... But I just can't ... Trust me, it wasn't for the lack of trying... I've tried... You know I've tried." She stammered.

"I know.... I'm sorry. I didn't...." Lisa engulfed the shorter girl in a warm embrace.

Sensing a sanctuary, Jennie wrapped her arms around Lisa's waist and buried her face on the brunette's shoulder. The few tears she had, quickly absorbed by the fabric of Lisa's shirt, but the sadness remained, as it absorbed the words out of them. It took a long while until they broke off the hug.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry." Jennie wiped the traces of tears with the back of her hand. "This is so embarrassing." She smiled weakly.

"That's okay, you don't have to be strong all the time, you know?"

"Well, that's a matter open for debate."

"No it is not."

Lisa stared appreciatively at Jennie, Their eyes met for what seemed to be seconds, then all of the sudden, Lisa's eyes flared with excitement and genuine happiness; something that Jennie just realized, she had not seen for years.

"Jennie~ah."

"What?"

"If I were to kiss you right now, would you be mad at me?" The question was delivered with nothing but casualness; clear and concise.

Jennie's eyes grew round. "Wh-what?"

Lisa leaned in and closed the gap between their lips, until only inches remained. In anticipation of what she knew was about to happen, Jennie closed her eyes.

"You can even pretend that I'm Irene if you like." Lisa whispered softly.

Upon the words, Jennie's eyes abruptly opened and the corners of her mouth pulled down, creating a slight frown. She took a step back, "I'm sorry... I'm really sorry, but I got to go... somewhere."

Jennie turned and walked away in weak but quick steps. Even the sound of Lisa calling out her name, couldn't halt her gait as her figure finally disappeared behind the confinement of the concrete building.

~~~~~~~~~

Lisa was by no means a light sleeper. In fact, the task of waking her up in the mornings was probably the most dreaded and avoid-worthy task in the BV dorm.

But that night, a soft touch on her shoulder, was enough to wake her. She stirred, slightly whimpering, as she tried to get her bearings, while a warm, soft body slid under the sheet and pressed itself against her back. She was not sure whether it was the touch or perhaps the scent, but she recognized the person behind her almost immediately.

"Jennie~ah, is something wrong?" Lisa asked.

"Just let me hold you," Jennie whispered, while her arm slid around Lisa waist and her face nuzzled into the back of the younger girl's neck.

"Jennie~ah...," she whispered back.

"Shhh.... Please, I ... I'm so tired... Just let me close my eyes for a while," Jennie said, as her warm breath caressed Lisa's lean neck.

With an unguarded smile on her face, Lisa held Jennie's hand tightly and let the shorter girl snuggled against her.

It felt nice.

~~~~~~~~~~

If there was anything changed between them, it wasn't noticeable. They're still the same Jennie and Lisa, running through their hectic lives, one day at a time. There were soft touches every now and then; and then there were meaningful glances thrown-around between photo-shoots or meals, but other than that, nothing.

Until one day, out of nowhere, Jennie asked Lisa to go out for lunch. No big deal, they go out to eat all the time, sometimes just the two of them, most of the times with the other girls. Lisa said yes, and the two of them went out. Jennie wrapped in a T-shirt and skinny jeans, Lisa in a simple dress.

The lunch went well; it had gone smoothly with lots of laugh in between bites and gulps. Admittedly, it was the most fun they had for months. Soon enough, it became a routine for them; lunches or night-outs, just the two of them.

Lisa always did enjoy Jennie's presence around her, even when she simply sat still doing nothing, or acting out her responsibilities as the group's leader, the mere warmth and comfort Jennie exuded, never failed to put a smile on her face. So it was fathomable, how happy she was, that lately, whenever they're together, Jennie would entwine her fingers with Lisa's, or occasionally, cling tightly to her arm.

It was silly, she knew, to be so happy at such banal gestures, but she couldn't help it. She liked them too much.

She didn't ask for more than that. She couldn't.

Unfortunately, whenever there's an upside, a downside would almost always present itself.

Lisa noticed that at times, Jennie would give a stare that wasn't meant for her. Jennie would look at her, but Lisa knew what Jennie saw at the moment wasn't her, but Irene. She knew, and Jennie knew that she knew, which was why every single time Lisa caught her, Jennie would fiddle with the edges of her clothes, dab at the corners of her eyes with her fingers, or look into Lisa eyes in an apologetic way, guilt-ridden.

Lisa wanted to hold her tight when Jennie did these things, but she would hesitate and hold back.

She's hurt, of course. But she also felt sorry for Jennie. Lisa realized that her arm was not the one Jennie wanted. Her warmth was not what Jennie needed.

She almost wish she could hate Irene for doing this to Jennie, for doing this to her. But then she realized, that Irene was not to blame in all this. No one was.

~~~~~~~~

As they ambled along the empty street of Seoul together, Jennie told her the story about how when she was in middle-school, she was really into gardening. So she and her mother set up a patch of their backyard, for her to be personal garden.

"I wanted to grow flowers: Daffodils, pansies, roses, and all that. But somehow, ended up growing vegetables and fruits: tomatoes, strawberries, cucumbers..."

"Anyway, I put a lot of energy into it. Reading books on the subject, always hungry for more knowledge about which fertilizer to use and the condition of the soil and stuff like that. And it paid off. The plants were growing nicely." Jennie paused. "Then one day, I found pests on the tomatoes. My mom suggested me to cut away the tomato plant and spray pesticide on the rest. So I sprayed them, but I didn't get rid of the tomatoes... I couldn't. I figured that the pesticide will do, and it'll survive. Few days later, the pests spread throughout my little garden and I had to get rid all of them."

Jennie's stare fell on the concrete sidewalk, as the two girls continued their walk under the night sky.

"I was so devastated... seeing my pride and joy, destroyed just like that. But never once did I ever regret my decision to keep the tomatoes. It was a gamble, but I knew that there's hope... there's always hope, right? If you persist, you can find hope even in the darkest and most unlikely moment... if you just be patient, and keep on trying, no matter what," Jennie exhaled. "What do you think?"

"Well... I'm thinking... are we still talking about tomatoes?"

Jennie glanced sideways to find a weak smile on Lisa. The sound of her awkward chuckle accompanied the sound of their steps. "I'm not sure actually."

Soon, the two girls walked silently inside their building, in to the elevator. The hum of the annoying elevator music filled the metal box, until Jennie's voice broke them. "Are you in love with me?"

Seemed unfazed by Jennie's sudden question, Lisa answered calmly: "I thought we've gone way past this point?"

"You're right... I'm sorry," Jennie breathed. "No more fake ignorance, no more games... I- I think I can try to love you... If you want me to, that is."

Lisa turned and cupped Jennie's face softly. Her face filled with a mix of different emotions which was heart-wrenching, to say the least.

"By all means, please do." Lisa leaned in, and with tenderness that made Jennie's heart ache, she kissed her lovingly.

The kiss was slow, as the both of them savored it without hurry or urgency.

"I may hurt you, you know?" Jennie whispered into the kiss.

"l ... I'm used to it."

Upon Lisa's answer, Jennie's heart sank, and she started wondering, whether she could hate herself even more than she already had.

~~~~~~~~~~

There were new arrangements in the BV dorms: New roommates, new code of silence.

Jennie asked Jisoo to switch room with Chaeyoung, which the two girls almost too eagerly obliged. No questions asked, no answer offered. The first thing Jennie and Lisa did as roommates, was pushing their beds together, forming one, nice, king size bed for two. Again, no questions asked.

There was a lot of nudging though. Yes, nudging, whispering, winking, and grinning. And Irene got the biggest grin of them all.

~~~~~~~~~~(M) you may skip this part~~~~~~~~~~~

Lisa moaned as Jennie's lips touched hers. One hand ran through Jennie's brunette hair instinctively, pulling her down, closer, as Jennie's's tongue swept over her lips. She parted, allowing the brunette to taste her, and groaned at the feel of her soft tongue probing.

Kissing back, she whimpered, feeling her body full-length up against the woman on top of her and sliding one hand along Jennie's back. It was warm, and smooth, and slick with perspiration.

The blonde arched up, as Jennie's soft lips swept down her throat, stopping to suckle hard at her pulse point, licking the moist skin, tasting the salt of her sweat. Lisa could feel the pressure, building slowly inside her.

Every touch, every kiss from Jennie, was enough to burn her deeply, driving any thoughts or inhibitions out the window. She was never like this, never at the behest of her desires, except when it came to this one particular girl.

After a long moment, Jennie slid her kisses down to Lisa's collarbone, and further down between her breasts. The two soft mounds caressing her cheeks, while her fingers captured one of Lisa's light brown buds, twisting it gently, as its color started to turn lighter. She kissed the other bud, before pulling it into her mouth, playing it with her tongue, sucking it with tenderness.

Her other hand now kneaded Lisa's soft breast. A perfect fit in her hand, she could feel the pulsating heart of Lisa. The beat was so fast, she was afraid that it might explode soon.

Planting kisses on the two mounds, her lips searing Lisa's stomach, the tip of wet tongue inside her bellybutton. And when her palm pressed against her core, from behind the fabric of her panties, Jennie felt Lisa bucking, as her sweet voice, reverberated inside the bedroom.

Sensing the urgency in her voice, Jennie pulled the last article of Lisa clothes, sliding it along the smooth, slender legs, before tossing it carelessly onto the floor.

Naked now, Lisa's body was glowing under the scarce light. The swelling roundness of her breasts, her tiny nipples, the indentation of her navel, her hipbones, all had luster of perfection in them. Getting more self-conscious under Jennie's unabashed stare, a shade of pink blasted across Lisa's face.

"Jennie~ah, stop looking at me like that."

"Why?"

"It's embarrassing," Lisa said sheepishly.

Laying herself carefully on top of Lisa, Jennie whispered. "I'm sorry... but I can't help it...you're just too beautiful." Jennie's lips touched hers again, tongues tangling in a sensual dance.

Her hand slipping down, sweeping Lisa's thighs apart and when her fingers deftly found Lisa's wet, waiting centre, she could feel the tremors running throughout the younger girl's body.

"Oh God, Jennie..." Lisa whimpered with her eyes closed.

Slowly and surely, Jennie's fingers slid deep, and deeper inside her, then started a steady rhythm, deep and slow, with her thumb coming up and brushing circles across the nub of nerves at Lisa's centre.

The younger girl gasped, arching into the touch and thrusting her hips. She was burning, in desire, in needs. But her voice stayed strong, whispering words of encouragement, although at times just moans and pants, in Jennie's ear, every nuance and sound driving her just that little bit higher. The former blonde could feel it starting, her knees trembling and the pleasure building almost unbearably in her lower stomach.

Jennie started to get faster and rougher, and the slick sound was getting louder too as her fingers curled inside her, brushing so gently against the walls of Lisa's insides, rubbing that one spot that finally made her explode.

"Jennie~ah!

Lisa cried out, while a stream of warm flood spilled all over Jennie's hand. The blinding colors hit her as she fell over the edge, ecstasy filling every part of her body. It went on and on, the most intense, seemingly-never-ending orgasm of her life.

She quivered, stunned. Eyes closed, chest heaving, while a series of whimpers and purrs escaped her beautiful lips. It took a while until her body slowly coming down off the high.

When she opened her eyes, Jennie's face mere inches above her, a goofy grin on her face, which was surely out of place amidst the lust-filled air of the room.

"What?" Lisa asked between pants.

"That's got to be the cutest and most adorable whimpers I've ever heard," Jennie grinned mischievously.

"Oh really?"

"Real..."

Jennie's word was cut off as Lisa pulled her into a kiss.

"I love you." Lisa whispered.

Wordlessly, Jennie rested her head on Lisa's shoulder, hand sliding along the side of her body.

"You're losing weight," she said after a minute of silence.

"Am I?" Lisa almost reflexively stroked Jennie's shoulder length, brunette, hair.

"Yeah... There were times when you looked so lean and fragile I thought that if I were to touch you, you would crumble to pieces."

Lisa grabbed one of Jennie's hands and pressed it against her cheek. "I'm still in one piece, aren't I?"

Jennie looked up and gaze right into Lisa's brown orbs, attentively, as if in search of something.

"Are you?"

Outside, the night was getting still, holding its breath, as if in wait for something to pass.

~~~~~~~~

"Do you think she's okay?" Jennie glanced at the clock yet again. Her forehead formed creases and her eyes seemed fazed and hazy.

"I'm sure she is. Right now, she's probably sipping coffee in a café somewhere, with her date." Lisa who was sitting at the couch, beside Jennie, ran her hand along the leader's back, trying her best to calm the fidgeting girl.

"But it's almost 1 A.M. She should be back by now... What if she got into an accident? What if he tried something inappropriate..."

"Is that what this is all about Jennie~ah?" Propping her head to her palm, Lisa looked at the shorter girl with inexplicable expression. "You're jealous?"

"No, no... I 'm just worried about her safety." Jennie shifted her gaze nervously. "If it's any of you girls, I'd be just as worry."

"That's not very convincing Kim Jennie."

If Lisa said those words with anger or even a hint of animosity, Jennie wouldn't feel so bad. But as Lisa sat there, staring at her, all Jennie could feel was infinite sadness, and the burden of knowing that she'd hurt Lisa yet again, fell onto her shoulder almost unbearably.

"Lisa..."

At that moment, the sound of the front door opened, reverberated throughout the hallway.

"Ah, she's back. I think I'm going to bed now."

Lisa stood and walked toward her bedroom, just as Irene entered the living area. The beautiful girl caught a glimpse of Lisa's back before it disappeared behind the door, and then shifted her gaze to the still sitting Jennie.

It didn't take long for her to figure what had happened before her arrival, but all she could manage at that time, was a forced smile.

~~~~~~~~

Lunch time but Jennie wasn't the least bit hungry. Jisoo was in the recording booth, filling her vocal track, Seulgi and Sooyoung ate their lunch noisily, while Wendy and Irene was nowhere to be found.

With nothing to do, she walked around the recording studio aimlessly, until she found herself standing in front of a row of vending machines. Sandwiches, coffees, juices, chocolate-bars; they all looked so tasty.

Perhaps she was hungry after all.

Fumbling for some money, she remembered that she'd left her purse in the mixing room. A grunt escaped her lips.

"Want something?"

Jennie turned at the source of the voice, and there stood Irene, with her ever present smile.

"No, not really." She couldn't take her eyes off the chocolate bar in Irene's clutch.

Noticing Jennie's stare, Irene slid some money inside one of the slot and pressed the corresponding button. The machine let out a slow hum, before dropping an identical chocolate-bar with the one Irene held, onto the tray. The long-haired girl grabbed the chocolate and handed it to Jennie, who accepted it with both hands.

"Thanks," Jennie said shortly. She tore the wrapper and took a bite of the chocolate.

"Good?" Irene asked with a smile.

"Hmm," Jennie nodded.

"Have you finished your take?"

"Yes. It's Jisoo's turn now, and after that we're done," Jennie took another bite of the bar.

A sound of thunder boomed in the distant, drawing the two girls' attention toward the overcast sky outside.

"Looks like it's going to be a big one," Irene said while still looking outside.
"Yeah. I hope we can wrap it up before it starts."

Another boom, closer this time, as the sky gradually grew darker.

"Hey, have I told you how happy I am that you and Lisa are together now?"

"Huh?"

"You know, I just think that you two make such a lovely couple."

"You don't think it's weird that we..."

"No, no. Of course not. I mean, to be completely honest, when you told me that you're in love with me. I was totally freaked out by it, but not because you are, you know? That, But because I was afraid of how it would affect us... You see Nini, you're precious to me, and you are like my sister... no, closer than sister. You're one of the few people I cherished the most in this world. And I was afraid that your feeling would ruin us? You understand? It would put a distance between us... and it did." Irene paused, "There were times when I thought I've lost you... and those times were, unbearable. They hurt so much Nini."

"I'm sorry..."

"There's nothing to be sorry about. People can't choose who they fall in love with, right?"

"Maybe. I'm not sure."

Irene flashed her signature smile. "Anyway, like I said, I'm glad that you and Jessi are together. Did you know that I and the girls often talked about you two behind your back?"

"Really? About what?"

"Well mostly about how you two seemed so happy together, acting cute and all that sh*t in front of us. It's pretty disgusting and jealous-worthy at the same time."

"We... we looked happy?"

"Hell yeah... I mean, even our maknae thinks so."

Jennie fell into contemplation, thinking about Lisa, thinking their relationship. And as she ran through the memories of them being together, she began to sense an aura of hitherto unknown happiness emanating from them. From that first kiss in the elevator, their first lovemaking, and also those nights when Lisa snuggled against her to whisper words, soothing or comical, which lulled her to the first dream of the night.

Admittedly, she'd never paid any attention to those moments, certainly not the way they should be cherished, but somehow, right there and then, she realized that those moments she'd spent with Lisa, never did short of blissful

She suddenly grew an unbearable longing for Lisa's touch and smile.

~~~~~~~~

Lisa sat on the comfortable couch, eyes gazing beyond the window, watching the dull grey clouds roll over, spilling tears like raindrops onto the world below. And she thought of Jennie's gummy smile.

She shakily took a sip of her hot chocolate, savoring the creamy sweet liquid sliding down her throat, shifted her position ever so slightly, a hint of a smile on her face and a pinch of melancholy in the creases of her face.

"I'm home."

Abruptly, Lisa turned her head toward the door, as Jennie walked in, water dripping from her coat, which she hung at the hanger by the door. She looked at Lisa who was smiling at her, and for a while she wore an unsure expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asked.

"Nothing." Jennie dropped her body heavily on the couch, the familiar scent of Lisa greeting her.

"Where are the girls?

"Still in the studio I think."

"You came home by yourself?"

"Yeah," Jennie answered shortly. "What are you doing?" .

"Rain watching," Lisa said solemnly.

"Oh."

For a long while, the two drenched in silence, comfortably, mind occupied by nothing in particular, just drifting.

"Hey,"

"What?"

"Can I take a sip?"

"Sure."

Lisa handed her cup of hot chocolate. Jennie took a sip of the liquid, then sighing in content. After handed back the cup, her body fell sideways, until her head nested comfortably on Lisa's lap. Her eyes slowly closed

"I just remember something," she said later on.
"What is it?"

"We ran out of milk."

"Oh."

Lisa ran her fingers through Jennie's damp hair.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tiny diagrammatic shapes seemed to float in the darkness as Lisa's consciousness arisen. But when she opened her eyes, she felt as if she was still asleep, she was still dreaming.

She saw Jennie sat at the foot of the bed, her knees up and was resting her cheek on them, eyes shut. One might think that she was asleep, if not for the almost imperceptible rocking of her body.

Lisa sat-up on the bed and continued watching her lover. She was wearing the same nightdress Lisa had seen her in earlier, and her hair tucked behind her ears, revealing the beauty of her face, seeming utterly fragile and vulnerable.

She seemed, in a tranquil mood, for the first time in such a long time.

Lisa breathed the sigh of relief. She wasn't sure why though.

The faint sound of her sigh probably broke Jennie's reverie, as the latter girl slowly opened her eyes, fixing her gaze on Lisa. She smiled and glided towards the head of the bed, gown rustling faintly.

She knelt on the bed, knees on the outer side of Lisa's thighs, cupping her face and pressed their lips together, gently.

When she pulled back, their eyes met again, and for the first time ever, she saw Lisa.