Don't Leave Me

Lisa's POV

"Don't leave me, okay?"

She whispered to you so gently, under the soft moonlight, on her single bed where she had her arms wrapped around you.

You said nothing. Merely giving her a soft smile before looking out of the window where that round moon lay so quietly on the vast expand of dark blanket.

You counted the hits of her breath against your neck silently, knowing she was still wide awake while waiting for your reply. But you know you can't give her an answer, not when you know you are going to leave eventually.

"Lisa?"

She called out huskily and you heaved a sigh loudly before turning on your side to face the wall behind her. You were aware that she was staring at your face, eyes searching for yours, ears waiting for your reply and you fight against every cells of your body that is urging you to look at her.

"Lisa..."

She whined softly before burying her head on the crook of your neck, under your chin and a small smile appeared on your face when you realized that it sounded more like a dog whimpering.

"Why aren't you replying me?"

"Go to sleep, Nini."

You finally spoke for the first time ever since you stepped into her room and lay beside her.

"I will. But only after you reply me."

"Goodnight."

"Not this!"

You heaved a sigh once again and tucked your chin in, planting a soft kiss on the crown of her head, feeling desperate at her stubbornness.

"Why are you so adamant for the answer?"

"Because it's important."

"Why is it important?"

"Because, you are."

Jennie whispered so quietly and you clenched your teeth hard at her reply. Breathing in deeply, you wondered why does she popped out this question so randomly. Does she knows that you are leaving? But it couldn't be for you had not breath a word to anyone at all, except Jisoo but the latter knew of your situation so it's unlikely that she would rat you out.

"Lisa, please!"

She whined some more, louder and you shook your head softly before giving in to her stubbornness.

"Okay."

You rasped out to the cold, dark night against the warm, brown hair.

You felt her hugging you tightly, satisfied that she has gotten the answer that she wanted before adjusting her head against the crook of your neck, her lips gently touching against your pulse point and you gritted your teeth a little harder at the sensation, trying to ignore it by counting the hits of her breath against your neck once again.

I'm sorry Jennie. But you will understand one day. You will, believe me one last time.

You whispered out softly after the hundredth hits of breath against your neck. After you have ensured she has fallen asleep.

*

"Wake up, Lisa!"

You heard the sleepy, raspy voice beside your ears and you grunted a little, turning away from the source of warmth and welcome the cooler part of bed.

"Lisa, wake up!"

Irritated, you hummed back curtly as a response as she tugged on your hand before lifting it up. You felt her body weight on yours and your hand was placed down at the curve of her waist.

"I'm cold."

She shivered against your body and you finally cracked an eye opened, curious on why would she feel cold. Lifting your head, you realize that it's already early dawn as shown on the digital clock on her night stand.

"I'm cold, Lisa. The blanket is gone."

Jennie whispered sadly and you lifted your head to find that the blanket was indeed gone - kicked down to the ground.

"You could just get up and pick it up, Nini."

She shook her head and you heard her reply, sleep not far from her body.

"It's why you're here for. So, don't leave me..."

You froze at the last sentence, confused at the constant reminder of you not allowed to leave her. How could she, how could she knows about it? Why does she keep telling you not to leave her? Why does it feel as though she knows that you are leaving soon and is trying her best to persuade you to stay?

No, she couldn't know. It's probably a subconscious thing since that was the last subject you both are talking about before drifting to sleep. You frowned in affirmation before untangling her from you and lay her back on the bed gently.

Getting off the bed, you picked up the blanket and covered her with it gently. Kneeling down against the bed, you lifted a hand and ran it through her dark brown tresses.

"How about you love me and make me stay?"

You asked the sleeping girl softly and chuckled lightly at your foolishness. Letting out a sigh, you turned around and leaned against the bed, sitting at the floor and stared into the darkness.

How many years have it been? Six years of being friends, four years of secretly loving Jennie. While she has her share of different love experiences, you have your share of heartbreaks. While she has her share of love quarrels, you have your share of self-reprimanding sessions. While she has her share of anniversary love celebrations, you have your share of drunken nights. While she has her share of heartbreaks, you have your share of heartache - of her crying and being hurt.

It's enough.

You told yourself one day.

You have dedicated four years to her, not leaving any day to yourself.

You have dedicated six years to her, everyday being there when she needed.

You are supposed to be there for her, you are supposed to be with her whenever she needed because you love her, because you are her best friend.

But you are tired, tired of being a coward that is cowardly in love.

You are tired, tired of seeing her falling in love with other people and not you.

You are tired, tired of having your heart breaks over and over again.

It's enough.

You told yourself one day.

It's time to be free, it's time to leave your own life.

It's time.

To leave her.

You threw your head up and blew out a stream of exhausted breath.

"I love you, Jennie."

You rasped out painfully as tears rolled down the corner of your eyes. Taking a few deep breaths to calm yourself down, you stood up slowly and went to her desk, finding a piece of paper in Jennie's desk drawers and a pen. Taking a glance back at the sleeping figure on the bed, you uncapped the pen and start writing away.

Fifteen minutes later, you placed the paper on the desk under a paper weight and walked gently towards her. Bending down, you pressed a kiss on the crown of her head and another one on her forehead.

"Forgive me, Jennie."

Pressing another kiss on her hair, you straightened your body and let your eyes take in her features carefully once again.

You started to walk backwards and before long, you had already walked out of her apartment without any glance threw back to her at all.

*

Dear Jennie,

If you are reading this letter, I guess it's when I have decided to be honest about everything and leave everything behind. I'm leaving, to another place where there is no Jennie Kim, no Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. Angry? Please don't. I have my reason. It's been six years since we have known each other, six years of being together everyday. But that six years has been a torture to me. No, not really. I mean I'm glad that I have you in my life but not as a friend. Yes, you read it right, four years ago, I have never view you as a friend anymore. I have stopped wanting to treat you as a friend anymore. I love you Jennie. I wanted you to be mine but what am I supposed to do? You are my best friend and I couldn't, just couldn't risk our friendship and confess to you. Silly aren't I? I guess, I would rather have you in my life as a friend than losing you completely. The thought of losing you scares me a lot. It scares me so much that I couldn't do anything about my feeling for you. I need you Jennie but I guess, I can't anymore. It seems so much easier to be the one the leaving than be the one seeing you leave.

I'm sorry but this is my last resort. I'm tired. I need a rest and start anew.

I'm sorry for breaking my promise.

But hey, I'm leaving but that doesn't mean I stop loving you. I'll never stopped loving you and hopefully, if we ever have the chance to meet again, I will still be loving you, but as a friend like six years ago.

Yours sincerely,

Lisa Manoban.

I love you.

*

"Stupid Lisa Manoban! Stupid idiot!"

You blinked furiously when a familiar scent hits you as you were being hugged tightly by the familiar warmth and weight against your body.

"You're a stupid, stupid, brainless and coward idiot!"

The weight was gone but a rain of punches landed on your chest instead.

"You promised! You promised, remembered? How could you leave me right after
you promised not to leave me? I hate you Lisa Manoban!"

The punches slowed down to a stop and the next thing you know, she was sobbing furiously in your arms.

"You could just say... you could just say it right in front of me instead of whispering it while I'm sleeping."

You gulped hardly, realizing what she was saying right now.

"J - Jennie? W - what..."

"I heard you, you idiot!"

She pulled away from you and looked at you with a messy and teary face. You couldn't help but reached out your hand and wiped away the tears.

"This! Is a stupid and useless piece of paper!"

Jennie hissed and swatted your hand away before slapping the paper onto your chest. Groaning in pain, you looked down and grab the paper only to realize that it was the letter you wrote yesterday.

"Stop reading it!"

Jennie scowled and snatched the piece of paper away, her anger evident in her tone and actions.

"How did you know that I'm here?"

Finally, you found your voice and asked her the question that you had been wondering ever since you were pulled back from the departure hall entrance and was hugged until you couldn't breathe.

"Jisoo told me."

Ah, that stupid midget.

"I - "

You lose your ability to talk when a pair of soft plump lips pressed against yours. You forgot what you wanted to say when she slipped her arms around your neck and kissed you harder.

"I love you... so don't leave me okay?"

You watched her rasped out breathlessly as she held onto the collar of your shirt tightly. You stared down at the white knuckles and understood the desperate need of your reply.

Wordlessly, you pulled her in for another deep passionate kiss, trying to convey your love and answer through the kiss.

"Love me and I'll stay."

You whispered out with a smile as you pressed both of your forehead together.

"I love you."

You watched as her eyes glowed into two beautiful shining moon that never fails to capture your soul and your heart.

"I love you too, so stay."

You chuckled at her reply and pulled away slightly, grinning widely at her and reached down to hold her hands.

"No, not staying."

You watched as her face fell from your reply and you smiled brightly before squeezing her hand in yours.

"Let's go and buy another ticket for you and go to Thailand for a week. How about that?"

Jennie grinned and nodded her head happily before dragging you to the ticket counter. You smiled as you two queue orderly in front the counter. Taking a step back, you hugged her from the back and whispered softly in her ears.

"Don't leave me too, okay?"

You smiled as she turned her head back to face you and give a peck on your lips.

"Okay."

Note: Because of the world full of Jenlisa angst nowadays, i decide to give you a bit fluff. hahaha