Games T.o.D (Slightly M)

Growing up, Lisa recalled, she was completely carefree. She had her little cousin whom she doted on. She had her parents who were supportive and encouraging. She had a good childhood, filled with friends who would play games endlessly and maybe that was where it all started.

Her love of games was the root of it all.

In the Thailand, her friends loved playing games. They'd chase each other through playgrounds, along beaches (you're it!) and sprint away from the feared 'goose' as they ran around their circle of friends sitting on the ground, until they were exhausted. While their parents watched fondly from a safe distance away.

Lisa was always the most competitive.

She was ten. She was having fun. It was normal.

But when Lisa moved to Korea suddenly, she had to get used to new friends and new games. Games that were more mature and riskier than tag or duck, duck, goose. Games that had consequences - games like truth or dare.

To preteens truth or dare was completely innocent.

("Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to eat a blade of grass, Lisa!")

As she grew up though, Lisa found that the game was anything but that.

She was competitive and that's what got her in so deep.

Lisa always did what was asked of her. She was never one to back down from a dare or lie during a truth, and everyone loved her for it because they were all too scared to do the same.

The words "I dare you," could be deadly when they fell from Jennie Kim's lips, Lisa learned. It was a good thing that Lisa could give back just as well as she could take.

Jennie Kim arrived in Lisa's life when Lisa was 14, and by then the game had changed completely. It was still fun, there was just more at stake now.

The trainees at YG treated it as a bonding exercise of sorts. When Jennie turned up she had no choice but to participate in their games of truth or dare and she participated well.

There were about twenty of them - female trainees in the 'promising, so you might actually debut one day' group - all seated in a circle in a practice room late one evening. Everyone subtly casted curious looks towards the newest addition with the cold voice and the feline eyes, seated next to Miyeon - everyone except for Lisa that was. She really didn't care who this Auckland girl was just yet.

It was Soyeon's turn to ask a question and when the girl next to her raised an eyebrow, she nodded her head.

"Jennie-ssi, truth or dare?"

Time to test the fresh meat.

The girl blinked and looked to Miyeon anxiously before replying, "Dare."

She was brave, but stupid - that was a big mistake.

"I dare you to kiss Jaehyun Oppa. He's practicing in the next room right now," Soyeon said with devious smile. Many people had received this dare and many people had backed out.

Jennie was silent and Lisa was sure that Jennie wouldn't go through with it.

They played by the rules that each person had two vetoes per month. Lisa was the only trainee within the company to have never used any. She was not one to give in and it turned out Jennie wasn't either.

She nodded and rose to her feet, turned on her heel and strode out of the room. Lisa relished in the looks of surprise evident on almost every girl's face.

"Make sure she does it," Jisoo mumbled from a few places to Lisa's left so she stood up and did so. Everyone knew Lisa wouldn't lie for Jennie's sake.

Voices could be heard from the next practice room. A smooth, low, male's tone contrasted against accented, high-pitched Korean. The door was open and Lisa watched as Jennie stood close to Jaehyun, smiled up at him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

She heard Jennie say, "You're the best Oppa ever!" and when Jaehyun leaned down to hug the girl, Jennie turned her head and caught his lips quickly. That was all it took. The dare was complete.

Jaehyun looked shocked and Jennie acted embarrassed. She bowed repeatedly and apologized as she backed out of the room.

In the hallway, with the door closed behind her, she caught Lisa's eyes. Held her gaze.

"I'm impressed," Lisa said to her. That was the first time she'd ever started a conversation with the girl.

Jennie lifted one side of her mouth in a crooked smirk.

"Finally worth your breath, am I?" she said before walking back into the practice room where all of the female trainees were anxiously awaiting their return.

Well.

New Auckland girl might be more interesting than Lisa had previously thought.

It became a game within itself, one just between the two of them, to see who could push the other the furthest with their challenges. To see who would give in the easiest.

It should have stopped during trainee days, but it didn't. They were famous now and the public was watching them, but they were both too competitive to end it.

Months had passed since the last group truth or dare session. They were meant to be too old for this kind of thing now; but Lisa and Jennie kept playing.

With higher stakes and new rules: no vetoes allowed and a 1:5 truth to dare ratio.

Lisa caught Jennie by the arm in the hallway of their dorm one evening and gave her a hard look. It had been a week since Jennie had asked her last question (It had been a simple one: Truth - who did you think about the last time you masturbated? Lisa had rolled her eyes, thankful it had been a male American celebrity and not Chae-), so the ball was in Lisa's court now.

Even in the dim light, Lisa could read Jennie's face as clear as day, she was anticipating what Lisa would say.

"Truth or dare?" Lisa asked, voice low. The game had become a kind of illicit affair between them nowadays - it was wrong but it was fun. It was a game played in secret.

"Dare." Jennie's favourite.

Lisa had been hoping Jennie would say that.

"Mess up a dance step on stage tonight," The game had become harder over the years - more serious - and it would only get worse.

Jennie glared at her but nodded, and that night whilst performing How You Like that on Music Bank, Jennie stepped the wrong way and messed up on national TV. Their managers scolded her and part of Lisa thinks she should have felt bad, but all she could do was grin.

Every challenge was a gamble and it was too fun to stop.

Their game continued and it wasn't long before others got dragged into it. Casualties were bound to happen at some point. Man down, man down.

There were some things you just don't do - especially in Korea, especially when you're famous in Korea - but anything was fair game when it came to Lisa and Jennie's game. No topic was safe. You could challenge anything that took your fancy.

Jennie had gotten Lisa back for the choreography mistake dare (say something controversial in your next interview, I dare you), Lisa had been punished and after that things had settled for a while (I dare you to trade outfits during our next performance, and, I dare you to go two weeks without wearing black) but it wasn't long before the stakes were raised, once again.

It was Jennie's turn to pose a challenge to Lisa, and right from the beginning, as soon as she saw Jennie's face, Lisa knew Jennie had something planned. Something big.

She leaned in close.

"Truth or dare?" Jennie cooed and Lisa felt the same rush pump through her that came every time she heard those words. They were dangerous. They were dark. And Lisa lived for it.

Lisa had secrets, secrets she didn't want to tell even Jennie, secrets involving certain feelings developing for a certain member of their group, so 'truth' was not an option, really.

"Dare," she whispered back and Jennie smirked. Her face turned sinister.

"Oh Lisa, big mistake. I dare you to kiss Chaeyoung. A proper kiss, you know what I mean."

The blood pulsing through her body turned cold and Lisa's eyes widened. There was no way Jennie knew how she felt about Chaeyoung. Lisa had been so careful with hiding it.

Jennie petted Lisa lightly on the cheek and chuckled at her shock, "You can't hide anything from me, honey. I know you too well."

Frozen in place, Lisa had stared after Jennie as she sauntered off into the kitchen. Lisa was never one to back down from a challenge, especially not one given by Jennie, but oh, how she wanted to now.

Jennie dragged Lisa to the sofa where Chaeyoung was sitting in front of the TV and pushed Lisa in close. After the third set of commercials had come and passed Jennie stood up and yawned. It was getting late all the others were in bed.

"Goodnight lili, goodnight Chaeng. I'm going to sleep now," she said with a hard look to Lisa and Lisa knew better than to believe her words. Jennie would be standing around the corner until Lisa completed her dare. Until it was done.

She exited the room so only Lisa and Chaeyoung were left and Lisa could feel her breath hitching.

How many minutes passed, Lisa didn't know, but by the time Chaeyoung turned off the TV and squeezed Lisa's shoulder as a goodnight, Lisa was seriously contemplating backing out.

No. Jennie couldn't win.

Lisa caught Chaeyoung's wrist in her grip and kept the girl from standing.

"Chaeng, I have something I need to say to you," Lisa began, she was shaking, she could feel it.

Chaeyoung remained seated, moved in closer to Lisa and nodded. She smiled encouragingly.

"What is it, Lisa?"

Their faces were so close and it was so dark but Chaeyoung's eyes still glistened like they always did, and Lisa almost felt like she could see how much Chaeyoung cared when she looked into them.

Lisa's throat was too dry to form words so she didn't say anything - just pulled Chaeyoung towards her and leaned in.

Her left hand gripped at Chaeyoung's waist and her right rested against Chaeyoung's shoulder as her lips surged forward and pressed against Chaeyoung's.

A squeak escaped Chaeyoung's mouth but she didn't move an inch.

A real kiss, Jennie had ordered and that was what Lisa would deliver.

She slid her hand to cup the back of Chaeyoung's neck and pull her closer as she parted her lips and pressed her tongue against the seam of Chaeyoung's mouth.

Chaeyoung still hadn't pulled away and Lisa could feel the beginnings of hope blooming in her chest, maybe Jennie's dare had been a blessing in disguise. Maybe Chaeyoung felt the same-

Hands came up to push against Lisa's shoulders roughly and their bodies were ripped apart.

"What the hell was that, Lisa?" Chaeyoung was confused, she was confused and angry. Her voice was high, her speech erratic, "Can you please, for the love of god, explain yourself?"

Chaeyoung was up, off the couch, and in front of her. Hands spread wide and cheeks flushed, but not the good flushed, this was all anger.

Lisa said nothing. Tears burned behind her eyes, she looked at the wooden floors, down at her hands, anywhere but at Chaeyoung's hurt face.

"You're not going to talk? Fine. Then just stay away from me."

And she left.

Minutes later Jennie joined Lisa on the sofa and rested her hand on Lisa's knee, as if that was all the comfort Lisa needed.

With tears falling from her eyes Lisa glared at Jennie, even though she had no right to be mad. It was a game, it was just a game.

Jennie didn't apologize (never apologize about your challenges - that was another rule), but she did say, "If you want, we can stop."

The game. They could stop the game.

Lisa glared harder.

"No. We're not stopping," she growled, then pushed Jennie's hand away from her knee and left the room.

They didn't talk for a week.

Lisa got back at Jennie (I dare you to break up with your boyfriend - tell him you've been cheating on him), Jennie let Lisa off with some easy challenges and life returned to normal.

Well, normal, was a relative term. Things were still far from okay between Chaeyoung and Lisa but at least now Lisa was forced to get over her stupid crush on the girl.

Manager & Jisoo noticed the awkwardness but Chaeyoung - being the softer member - didn't tell them about the 'incident.' Lisa's secret was still a secret.

Chaeyoung positioned herself as far from Lisa as possible, but Jennie made sure to stay by Lisa's side, tried to keep the peace.

The game continued, but Lisa and Jennie were primarily friends as well as competitors. Lisa had just been rejected by her crush (by Chaeyoung, which made it so much worse) and Jennie was there for her as a shoulder to cry on.

After Jennie was forced to break things off with her boyfriend, she began seeing a new guy - Lisa had no doubt that she'd move on easily - and Lisa started flirting with the leader from a lesser-known girl group. She kept out of an official relationship though, because 'functional' and 'secure' weren't exactly things easily obtained when you had a friend who could utter one sentence and bring everything crashing down.

Jennie had too much power over her for Lisa to think seriously about being with someone else.

Lisa didn't know when it happened but her game with Jennie had slowly become laced with something new, something deeper than causing embarrassment and proving who was the best. She would almost liken it to some form of foreplay - the way her body would react when the words (Truth or dare? Truth or dare?) would flow from Jennie's lips and hang in the air between them.

Having such control over someone stirred a flurry of emotions in Lisa. She could dare Jennie to do anything and the girl would do it. When Lisa realized this, was when things began to change even more.

Choosing truth was frowned upon between them now - they'd been playing this game for years and there were only so many embarrassing questions to ask - so dares were the most common. And they varied greatly.

Everything from easy, inconvenient ones like, "I dare you to pay for my dinner tonight," to difficult, unexpected challenges like, "I dare you to tell manager Oppa that you don't want to do this cf. You're overworked as it is, Jennie," as well as some just plain mean ones, "Don't wear any make up on your date tonight, alright Lisa? She should see your bare face."

Sometimes Lisa felt like her and Jennie were leading double lives. No one (not even Chaesoo) knew that this game was still going between them. No one knew why they seemed to go out of their ways to do whatever the other girl asked.

And it would stay that way.

No one needed to know that the game was slowly changing and that they were slowly being sucked in more and more. There was no turning back now; really there had been no turning back for a long time.

It was Lisa who took the next step - raised the bar once more. It was her who was unhappy with the amount of time Jennie had been spending with her boyfriend. The girl was hardly home these days and Lisa didn't like it.

Jennie knew it was coming - a dare - but she didn't know what Lisa would come up with. Jennie's make up was done perfectly, her hair was curled just right, and she was just about ready to leave for her one-year anniversary dinner with the guy she was supposedly in love with, when Lisa entered her room.

They were both nervous for different reasons. Lisa wondered if Jennie loved this guy enough to finally end their game and Jennie was scared of what Lisa would ask her to do - she knew she would agree to whatever fell from Lisa's lips.

Lisa stepped into line behind Jennie and ran her hands over her exposed shoulders, their eyes met through their reflections in the mirror, their gazes held. Tense.

"Nini," Lisa whispered against the shell of Jennie's ear. When they were playing the game things were much more intimate - the normal rules of friendship didn't apply here. Only the rules of the game.

Jennie's eyes closed and her mouth parted slightly when Lisa moved a hand down to rest against Jennie's hip. She hummed, waiting for Lisa's next words.

"Moan my name when you're with him tonight."

Her eyes snapped open; she glared at Lisa's reflection through the mirror and pushed Lisa's hands away from her body.

(In the past there had been:

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Have you ever thought about being with a woman, Nini?"

A pause.

"Yes."

But this was something completely new. This was personal.)

When Jennie sighed and nodded, Lisa grinned - she knew Jennie would do it.

And that night when Lisa was alone in her dark bedroom she let her hand trail down past her stomach and dip under the waistband of her sleep shorts, knowing that somewhere across town it would be her name on Jennie's lips as she came undone.

The game had changed a lot over the years and Lisa loved it.

The next day when Jennie came home she smirked at Lisa.

"He thought it was hot," she said and showed Lisa a message from her boyfriend that read, It's okay baby, ^^ it was a mistake. Your secret's safe with me.

Lisa rolled her eyes and raised an eyebrow.

"What a charmer."

Jennie leaned forward and pressed a light kiss to Lisa's cheek. Before pulling away she whispered, "Just you wait until you see what I've got in store for you next, Honey."

A rush of heat flowed through Lisa as she watched Jennie walk away. Nothing made her feel quite like the game did and she doubted anything ever would.

Lisa knew she had given herself away. She could have asked Jennie to say anyone's name for her previous challenge, but she had requested her own and that was telling.

She should have known, right from the beginning, that the only person she'd be able to properly love was the girl that she'd entered this mess with. Lisa had brought these feelings for Jennie on herself.

"You can't hide anything from me, honey," Jennie had once said and Lisa knew it was only a matter of time until Jennie discovered her latest secret.

Over the next weeks, Jennie spent more time at the dorm and less time with her boyfriend than she had in months. When Lisa asked her why she shrugged and refused to answer - Jennie didn't have to tell the truth, Lisa had only asked as a friend, not as a challenge and Jennie had still yet to propose her next dare.

It wasn't until they were on a schedule in Paris when Jennie struck back.

Ten minutes before they were due to go on stage Jennie pulled Lisa around the corner of an empty corridor and looked at her unblinkingly, seriously. Lisa could feel her body awaken; she knew what was coming,

Except she really didn't.

"I dare you to sleep with me," Jennie said. Without any pretence, without any hint of humor or hesitation, "I dare you to sleep with me, tonight."

Lisa didn't know what to think, what to say. Her mouth fell open, was this Jennie's idea of a sick joke?

"You have a boyfriend," she managed to splutter out as Jennie took a step closer to Lisa and ran a hand down Lisa's side, backed Lisa against the wall of the hallway.

Bringing her face closer to Lisa's, Jennie whispered, "Are you really going to let a detail like that cause you to lose this game?"

When Lisa was silent Jennie placed a wet kiss to the edge of her mouth and said, "I didn't think so," before retreating around the corner.

Needless to say Lisa barely made it through their routine without messing up. She really couldn't care less about her lines in Shut Down when the girl - Jennie - was all Lisa could think about. What was she playing at?

After their performance Lisa tried to catch Jennie's gaze, but the girl avoided eye contact, kept her eyes on her phone and stuck to Chaeyoung's side.

"Are you okay, Lisa?" Jisoo asked as she pressed her hand to Lisa's forehead once they returned to their hotel for the night.

Lisa nodded. Jisoo had arrived at YG too late; she had never been a part of their truth or dare games.

"I'm just tired, I think I'll head straight to bed," Lisa didn't intend for Jennie to hear her, but she should have known she would.

As she ascended in the elevator alone Lisa wondered how long Jennie had been planning this, she now knew it was no coincidence that they had ended up sharing a room for this trip. She wondered if this was actually going to happen, though she wouldn't back down. Lisa would still do whatever Jennie asked of her in the name of the game.

Even if Jennie was in a serious relationship.

Even if Lisa was in love with her and had no idea how Jennie felt in return.

Even if this could end up ruining what they had built over the years.

She would do it.

Lisa had only been in the room for five minutes when the door beeped and Jennie entered. Lisa had been sitting in the dark and Jennie left the lights off, let the glow from the street lamps through the curtains be their only light.

"Not backing out?" Jennie challenged as she came to stand in front of Lisa on the bed.

She was confused, yes, but she wasn't backing out.

"Have I ever?" Lisa said, rising to her feet and minimalizing the space between her and Jennie.

Jennie reached a hand towards Lisa and grabbed the girl's hip; she met Lisa's eyes and didn't dare to blink. Blink and you miss it, you don't want to miss it.

A hand touched Lisa's chin and held her in place, Jennie's thumb swiped over her bottom lip softly before being replaced by her mouth.

Jennie's gentle lips were a stark contrast to the rough grip of her hand at Lisa's waist and all Lisa could think was how she was the one who started this. They'd never even kissed before. They'd played with every aspect of each other's lives (mess up on stage, disobey manager Oppa, kiss Chaeyoung, break up with your boyfriend) but they had not once proposed a challenge involving themselves - that was their only taboo topic.

At least until Lisa had started this. She was the one who had fallen in love with Jennie and she was the one who had broken their unwritten rule and dared Jennie to moan her name. Lisa had started this, Jennie had just responded.

And respond she did.

Jennie pressed her tongue past Lisa's lips and pulled their bodies together, she backed them towards the bed and lowered Lisa down onto the soft covers.

Hands slid down, tugged Lisa's shirt free from her pants, and Jennie's fingers spread over the smooth skin that was revealed, pressed hard into Lisa's stomach.

"Jen-" Lisa attempted to say but was shushed by Jennie's mouth.

"No talking," Jennie mumbled against Lisa's jaw with a flick of her tongue and Lisa snapped, broke her passive position and took the offensive. She was the one with the experience with women, she was the one who's wanted Jennie for longer than she'd like to admit, and she would be the to cause Jennie to cry out and fall apart.

She surged up and kissed Jennie urgently, pushed her hips against Jennie's and rolled them over. Jennie gasped as her back hit the bed and she looked up at Lisa with dark eyes, grabbed Lisa by the front of her shirt and pulled the length of Lisa's body against her.

Lisa wasn't sure if it was the game or Jennie or just how wrong but right this was, all she knew was that she wanted her mouth, her hands, her skin, all over Jennie's body and she didn't want to stop.

Jennie pushed a knee up between Lisa's legs and smirked at Lisa's moan. She removed her shirt before reaching for Lisa's and pulling it off, not caring if she ripped the expensive fabric.

Trailing her fingers across the skin of Jennie's back Lisa placed a nip just above Jennie's bra and moved lower to pull a nipple into her mouth once she unhooked the clasp and tossed the garment behind her.

Jennie's hands grabbed at the back of Lisa's head, pulling her towards her skin with more force, her hips rose up, bucking against Lisa's thigh as one of Lisa's hands scratched along the thin fabric of Jennie's small shorts.

"It wasn't hard calling your name when I was with him," Jennie gasped out and Lisa bit down harder against Jennie's skin.

"And it wasn't the first time I'd come with your face in my mind,"

Lisa pressed herself harder against Jennie from above her and grabbed at Jennie's shorts, lowered them down pale thighs, and Lisa could only think one thing:

Consequences be damned, this was worth it.

Every sound Jennie made, every movement of her body against Lisa's skin, the way she looked sprawled out underneath her - all made it worth it.

Consequences be damned.

The game had too much of a hold over them.

It was still dark outside when Jennie finally talked. Lisa's fingers were writing novels against every inch of Jennie's skin she could touch when Jennie broke through the layer of silence that had fallen over the room.

"Lili?"

"Yeah."

"I broke up with him."

Lisa looked up from the creamy expanse of Jennie's stomach to stare at the girl. The first thing that came to her head was, why? But she didn't know if she was allowed to ask that.

"Weeks ago," Jennie continued, "I think you know why."

Lisa could feel her body seize up. She knew what she wanted the reason to be, but whether or not that was actually it, she couldn't be so sure.

They shared a look and Lisa couldn't pull her eyes away.

The ball was in her court now. Jennie had used her dare the night before, and what Lisa was thinking about saying was perhaps the hardest thing she'd ever asked of the other girl.

She brought her hand up and traced Jennie's face.

"Truth or dare?" she whispered quietly into the small space between them.

"Dare," Jennie replied, just as quietly, like Lisa knew she would.

Lisa paused. The game that had become so important to her could be over as soon as the words left her mouth.

"Jennie Kim, I dare you to love me," her voice was steady, her eyes focused solely on Jennie.

She watched for any movement from the girl, any sign of I can't or don't ask that of me.

But eventually, after tense moments filled with second-guessing and the beginnings of regret, Jennie covered Lisa's hand on her cheek and breathed out.

"I already do."

The game continued and it was still dangerous. Lisa still felt the blood within her pulse at Jennie's breathless challenges. They still demanded things of each other that should not have been asked, but that's just how they were.

The game had been with them from the beginning and Lisa had her suspicions that it would be there until the end.

It wasn't healthy but it was them.

Chaeyoung watched from the sidelines as if she knew what was going on and their managers wondered what had gotten into them lately. Lisa and Jennie carried on as if nothing had changed.

The game should have stopped when they were trainees. Both Lisa and Jennie would have been saved a lot of embarrassment and heartbreak if that had been the case, but Lisa didn't regret it for a moment.

Not when she had come to live for Jennie just as much as Jennie had come to do the same for her.

Not when the game had earned her Jennie's love and secured her happiness.

HALLOOOO GUYSSSS!!! I'M ALIVEEE~ Jenlisa nowadays are so urghhhh. sailing sink sailing sink.
This is for youuuu. MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEARS GUYSSS. Until we meet again !!