12. "All things go back to Daniel"

[Listen to music on the side] 

Chapter 12 – “All things go back to Daniel”

I pushed past people down the school halls.

Let me to tell you something, what I saw a week ago was just something shocking. I guess Carter made it easier for me since he hasn’t been showing up at school for a week.

I guess it was my fault for running off like that, but how else could I react. Half of his body was covered in blood, so how can I not be scared of him like that.

I don’t know if I can face him.

Sure you can Tori, just talk to him like how you do you.

I quickly walked down the school halls as I was walking I suddenly crashed into someone.

“S-sorry-…” I looked up and my eyes bulged out of my sockets.

This is exactly who I was trying to ignore.

I looked at him in the eye, I noticed that he got a cut on the side of his temples. Reality hit me in the head as I realised he had his arm around me, did he know I was going to crash into him?

Never mind.

I wiggle out of his arm, as I walked away from him quickly.

Fuck, this isn’t going great.

I looked back still checking if he was standing there, and he was.

He had a half boyish smile, never thought that it would look cute on a bad boy.

I turned around and shrugged as I headed to my biology class.

***

“Listen class, I want you all to start at page 1 and read from 32.” Everyone groaned, I rolled my eyes. I honestly didn’t want any more school work, now we have an essay to write in biology class.

To be quite surprised I wasn’t listening to Mr Sales very much, I would always be very ahead of everyone in this class but today, I guess I wasn’t in the mood.

I tapped my pen against the table creating a sound, I sighed resting my chin on my hand that was supporting on the table.

Daniel the guy sitting next to me got annoyed.

“Can you stop making that tapping sound,” I straightaway stopped.

Few minutes later.

I went back to tapping.

“Seriously if you’re not going to stop, then I’ll throw your pen away.”

I looked at him as he looked at me with anger. “Geez, a simple no would have sufficed.” I said taking my pen away from him.

He grinned. “Oh yeah, look how that turned out.”

I rolled my eyes and turned the pages in the book.

“Are you even okay today?” he asked, I looked up stopping myself from writing.

“Y-Yeah why?” I cleared my throat making everything seem fine.

He chuckled. “You definitely write more than that in class.” I looked down at my work and only saw that I wrote a sentence.  I looked at Daniel’s work and saw that he was already on his 4 paragraph. “You sure you don’t need any help? I’d be happy to help?” I smiled but shook my head ‘no’

I breathed out and laughed. “Right, just things happening that’s all.”

“Things like with Carter?” my eyebrows shot up, as he was writing stuff down casually. How does he even know stuff?  “Why are you even with that guy?”