16. "Do it now Carter!"

[On the side is Carter looking at Tori in calculus]

"I'm sorry, not tonight." I spoke through the phone. "We have exams coming up Charlie, I don't have time."

He sighed. "Please can you come?"

"I can't I just gave you a very good explanation to why I won't go."

"You wouldn't have gone anyway." He muttered.

I heard what he said which made me open my mouth.

But he was right.

"Why are you asking me to go, why don't you take Ava?" a hint of mischievous was in my voice.

He sighed again. "Because some other guy is taking her."

I finally understood what he was going to do.

"So this is what I think, you found out about Ava and some mysterious guy was taking her. So you decide to take your best friend - me to the party to make Ava jealous, tell me I'm wrong?" he stayed quiet, I got him. That's why he's so quiet.

"Geez thanks Charlie, you were going to use me?" I faked being hurt.

"WHAT? NO!" he said quickly. I smiled. "I wasn't going to do that,"

"Really?"

He groaned. "Okay fine! I was going to make Ava jealous but I wasn't going to use you, I'm not like that."

I swap the phone to the other hand as I change the subject. "So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know."

I bit my lip. "Why don't you take Serena?"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" He said bluntly.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yes, I'm being serious."

"You have to be kidding me, Serena would most likely rip my head off."

I burst out laughing. "I don't think she'll rip your head of literally."

"Yeah, but you know how she is."

Both Charlie and Serena never get along very well, there relationship was very confusing. It wasn't like how mine and Charlie's relationship or mine and Serena's. But I know deep down, they both care for each other. Might not show it but I can see it.

"Well I don't know what you're going to do then." I said making a final decision.

"Can you please come!" he begged.

I rolled my eyes as I have already said this too many times. "Charlie I can't go, if you would have told me sooner, I would have gone."

"Really?" surprised tone in his voice.

"No."

"Oh." He said. "Technically I did tell you sooner, the party doesn't start until 2 hours." He said smartly.

I rolled my eyes. "That still doesn't make a difference."

"Dammit." He heard him mutter.

I realised I haven't been studying.

"Anyway I have to go if I want to pass this test."

"You'd pass anyway." He said childly.

I chuckled lightly. "Bye Charlie, have fun at the party."

"I won't." He said then hung up.

I put my phone away then start reading a text from a book.

***