17. "I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten."

Chapter 17 – "I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten."

[Listen to the music on the side if you want to imagine this chapter]

Silence passed by.

BOOM.

I close my eyes shut tightly, feeling no pain.

Wait - What?

I heard the person behind me groan in pain, his arms unloosened from my wrist and throat.

I turned around and saw Tommy on the ground coughing out blood, I freeze in shock.

"Cale, I a-am going to kill y-you!" he yelled spitting out blood.

I heard the object drop on the ground, as I felt a pair of warm hands intertwine with my hand.

"Wouldn't you have to get up for that?" I looked at Carter with are-you-insane look. He smirked looking at Tommy.

I look back at Tommy and see him looking at me. "Carter you picked her instead of finding out about your mom?" he said laughing bitterly at the end.

I look down, as it was my fault.

I felt Carter's big hands grabbing my hand tighter, I look at him.

He turns and smiles giving me his exclusive Tori smile.

My heart was doing backflips and cartwheels.

What the hell?

I blush and Carter looks away smiling, his expression changes when he looks at Tommy. "I'll do whatever I want."

Tommy laughs humourlessly. "You'll regret leaving me in this state."

Carter let go of my hand and walked towards Tommy and punched him on the cheek, I cover my eyes with both of my hands. I hear silence which makes me uncover my eyes.

I see Carter's back and when he turns around I see Tommy's body on the ground.

Was he dead?

My eyes widen as I gasp.

"Relax, I didn't kill him." He said rolling his eyes.

He walks past me, I stare at Tommy's body in shock.

Carter shot Tommy in the chest and punched him on the face.

"Are you coming?" I heard him behind me.

I take a deep breath in, I turned and walked towards him.

I feel his stare burning holes into my skull as we exit out of the old factory.

I blush and bite my lip wondering why he was staring at me?

Was there something on my face?

I go even redder, well I'm glad it's pretty much dark outside.

"I thought I was going to die." I said honestly.

He moves. "For a smart girl like you, you were pretty stupid tonight." My mouth fell open as he smirks. "Why would I shoot you?"

I close my mouth, looking away.

I shrugged putting both hands inside my pocket as I kicked some stones. "How would I know? You've been avoiding me remember?"  He tensed which made me look up, his smirk had disappeared as he looked down doing the same exact thing as I was doing earlier.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why did you avoid me?"

He clenched his jaw. "Just drop it Nerd." Ouch! "I don't want talk about it." He snapped, which caught me of guard.