13. "did he just call me Kitten?"

listen to music on the side >> 

Chapter thirteen – “did he just call me Kitten?”

“Hey Tori,” I closed my eyes tightly. I turned around and forced a smile.

Brittney, off course it would be you.

“Hey,” I said. I didn’t give one glance at Carter.

I noticed that Carter still had his hands on Brittney’s waist, I looked away feeling something in my chest.

“So what are you still doing here?” I looked at Carter quickly, I was supposed to ask him about his trip to Mexico and the fact that he’s been lying to me the whole time. I looked away from him as he was focusing on taking out his cigarette. “I mean everyone’s left.” She asked, the look on her face wanted to slap her. No kidding. Surprisingly Carter was quiet, as he started smoking the cigarette while looking at me, I can just see from the corner of my eye.

Idiot.

I realised Brittney was waiting for me, probably why Carter was looking at me.

“Oh er…” lie Tori. “I was just about to head over to my car.” What a good excuse Tori, I thought sarcastically. It wasn’t the best I guess but that’s all I could think of at the moment.

“Ah,” she trailed off. She then smirked, “Carter baby? Come over my place later on, my parents aren’t in.” She winked at him, I scrunched my nose in disgust.

Slut.

I didn’t want to hear anything anymore, so I started walking away.

Until she stopped me again.

“Tori?”

What does she want now?

I forced a smile and turned around. “Yes?”

She gave a fake smile. “One more thing before you leave,” the devil look on her face explained it all.”

She picked up what looked like coke, what is she doing?

“Brit-…” Carter’s words got cut of when Brittney poured the coke on top of my head. She shook the bottle not wasting a single drop.

“You idiot!” I screamed, I was soaking wet.

She laughed. “Well, I guess karma’s a bitch.” She pushed past me. “See you later Carter.” He didn’t bother replying to her, instead he was busy looking at me as I did the same.

I looked away feeling sticky, yuck!

I’m so going to get back at that slut.

I rolled my eyes not wanting to stay here even longer since Carter wasn’t going to say anything. I walked away from him soon realising that my car was nowhere to be found.

Damn it, I didn’t take my car today.

I came on the school bus, which probably has left by now – no it’s already left.

“Kill me already,” I said looking up the sky. I started crying with no tears falling down, I didn’t like the fact I was feeling sticky and gross. Now I have to walk home like this.

Could my day get any worse.

I guess I have to walk home now.

I wiped away some of the coke that was on my face, I made a face then readjusted my bag.

“Hey Nerd!” I heard Carter’s voice, I rolled my eyes and carried on walking.

“Nerd?” he tried again.