7. "I dare you to kiss me."

Chapter seven – Now you know                      

I was getting ready for this dinner I didn’t even want go in the first place. But I’m only doing this for my dad and Maggie, but mostly my dad.

I slipped on my white lace dress which was nothing too fancy I guess, I wanted to be simple but at the same time I wanted people to recognize that I actually tried.

I heard the door bell ring. The Cale’s were here, meaning Carter. I sighed as I put on my necklace and quickly slipped on my two inches of heel. Wow I feel even more taller, probably about 5’11. I was already tall, when I was young I used to have dreams where I was scared that I grew too much that I might scare people but now those days are over and long gone.

I grab my phone of my night stand and head out of my bedroom, closing the door on the way out.

I walk downstairs as I feel a pair of dark brown eyes staring right at me, but I choose to ignore it. I saw Francesca smiling when she saw me coming. I made it at the end of the stairs and by surprise I was immediately pulled into a hug by Francesca. I let out a nervous chuckle as I hear someone next to us snort.

Francesca pulls away from me. “Don’t you look so beautiful, I’m glad your dad and Maggie invited us for dinner, right Robert?” Francesca asked turning to Mr Cale.

I could still feel a pair of brown eyes staring at me. So I looked at him and he wasn’t looking bad actually, I wonder why he’s even bothering showing up here, I thought he found this dinner stupid?

I found him looking up and down at me, as I felt a blush crawling up my cheeks, I hate this whenever it happens. I looked away from Carter as I heard sort chuckles coming from his way.

“Right of course. It’s been a while , it’s great were all seeing each other again.” I knew Mr Cale was going to bring up about my mom, he quickly glanced my way and slightly frowned. But I was glad he didn’t say anything about it, because Carter doesn’t know and I’m pretty sure he’ll ask me later.

“What is everyone doing standing here? Please come in the dinning room.”  Maggie said to everyone as Francesca came to her side and Mr Cale and my dad together, leaving me and Carter alone. Together.

I sighed and crossed my arms. “So what are you doing here if you find this dinner stupid?” Carter stared at me as if I said something wrong.

He crossed his arms and smirked, “My parents forced me into coming, why? What’s your problem?” he asked coldly at the end.

I rolled my eyes at his sudden cold behaviour as I turned around and followed everyone in the dining room.

***

As everyone was sat down eating there dinner, I feel Carter burning holes inside my head.  Looked up through my lashes as he took a sip out his white wine, still looking at me.

Carter dropped his glass of wine on the table and looked at me. “So Tori, I wanted to ask you this earlier but you seemed busy.” What’s is this guy up to? “Where’s your mom, I haven’t seen her for quite a while.” I saw Carter’s dad glaring at him and Francesca gave me a weak smile and then I knew she knows what happened to my mom.

“Carter, be quiet and eat your dinner.” Mr Cale ordered him but as usual Carter didn’t listen.

“So what, it’s just a simple question.” He replied back coldly.

Dad spoke up this time and looked at Mr Cale. “It’s fine Robert, he doesn’t know yet.” That made Carter even more curious as he asked what happened.