19. "Do you have feelings for him?"

[listen to music] 

Chapter 19 – "Do you have feelings for him?"

I ran away as fast as I could.

I couldn't stand there watching them, it felt wrong.

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to feel, what should I do?

I'm feeling numb, why am I feeling like this?

Why am I feeling these emotions when I'm around Carter?

Why does he make my heart beat fast whenever I see him?

Why can't I control my breathing when he's close to me?

Out of everything I've thought about, means one thing.

I like Carter. But do I?

"Tori!" he shouted out my name.

I quickly ran away fast and went inside the girl's toilet.

I went inside one of the stall; I sat down with tears rolling down my cheeks.

Why did I have to like Carter? Things were better when I didn't feel anything for him. I guess he was telling truth about him having a girlfriend. Was he really going to be serious with Sasha?

I gasped when I heard the door shut, was someone inside here?

I grabbed full of tissues and wiped my tears away, then flushing it away.

I open the door, ready to kick someone with my ninja style.

Unfortunately there was no one here. I could of sworn I heard someone come inside or leave? Either way someone was in here.

It couldn't have been Carter, right?

***

Friday morning, another day avoiding Carter.

I also didn't have to face my dad last night, thank god.

But I had a feeling I would have to see him this morning, as he offered to drop me to school.

Definitely a father and daughter talk.

I came downstairs as I finished changing and freshened up, I walked down the steps with my bag and text books. As I see dad reading the newspaper, he's down here early. Of course he is, he told me is was going to drop me to school.

Great now why am I talking to myself.

"Good morning dad." I said worried about what he would say.

He put his newspaper down, "Good morning." I knew he wasn't finished with what he had to say. "Listen Tori sweetie, about when you left without anything no phone or a note. You know me and Maggie were very worried about you. I don't want you to ever make that mistake again, I thought something might have happened to you."

"I'm fine dad, you really need to start trusting me. I'm 17 dad, I'm nearly 18 in a couple of weeks. I think I'm responsible enough to look out for myself." Dad sighed looking down.

"I know sweetie, but you're still my little girl." I smiled. "You should be glad I didn't call the cops, Carter's dad came over to see if he was here, but he wasn't. So it made perfect sense that you two were together, I hope he didn't try anything on you?" dad asked, which made me cringe slightly.

"No of course not!" I said rather loudly.

Dad looked at me suspiously. "Is there something going between you two?"

Did dad know about my feelings to Carter?

Wait feelings? I wasn't exactly sure about what I was feeling around Carter anyway.