Chapter 1

There is my new story, sorry for the wait but I wanted to work on it for all of you, but I decided to publish the first chapter at least, I hope that you will like it and thanks to everyone who likes my stories. ^^

~~~

Arthur 'Sonic' Hedgehog, the prince of the kingdom, was running away from his duties. He have enough to act like a prince, he doesn't like that.

'Why I have to be a prince? I just want to be a normal kid!'

The young prince pouted while running, until he heard laughing and whining. He stopped and ran towards the sounds.

He saw other kids, a little older than himself, laughing at another one of his age.

"Look at you, black. Your just too weak." One of the kids laughed and kicked a black hedgehog on the ground.

Sonic had enough and interrupted them. "Hey! What's going on here?"

The kid who kicked the black hedgehog turned to look at him. "And who are you?" He said, annoyed.

The young prince growled a bit at that. "I am the prince, so I suggests you three to go away!"

The slightly more older kids were shocked. "The prince?!" Their chef growled a bit. "Let's go guys, let's play somewhere else..." The three kids walked away and let the black hedgehog on the ground, who was whimpering in pain.

Sonic gently walked to the whimpering hedgehog. "Hey, you're okay?"

The black hedgehog sniffed and looked up. "Y-Yes... Thank you..." He got back to his feet with the help of the young prince.

"I'm Arthur, but I prefer 'Sonic'. And you?" The blue prince asked with a smile. The black hedgehog was going to answer until...

"Prince Arthur, there you are. Your parents were worried about you" A knight suddenly talked.

"I'm fine, Silver." Sonic pouted at seeing his personal bodyguard.

"You know that your parents won't like this nickname. They are expecting you right now."

"But Galahad! I just wanted some fun! This prince things are so boring!" Sonic growled a bit.

"It's an order, young prince. Now come on, let's go back to the castle." Galahad started to walk away.

Sonic sighed heavily and saw the black hedgehog still behind him. "I'm sorry but I have to go. I hope to see you again one day!" He waved bye to the other hedgehog and left with the knight.

------------------------------

The prince walked to the castle with Galahad, but he was angry.

"I found him, your highnesses." Galahad said and bowed to the king and queen.

"Where were you?! Why you sneaked outside like that? You have duties to do." Queen Aleena grounded her son.

"But this duties are so boring! I just want to be like all the kids and play outside!" Sonic said angrily.

"You are the prince, Arthur. And you will act like one. You will become the king one day, you will stop being this childish." Aleena said strictly.

"Aleena, don't be this rude." The king, Jules, said calmly.

Just when the queen was going to answer to her husband, the blue prince had enough.

"I don't want to be a prince and I don't want to become king!" Sonic screamed angrily and ran to his room, slamming the door behind him.

The king sighed. "You're too rude on him. He is still a kid, he doesn't understand everything that a king have to do."

"He is not going to be king with that attitude, and you know it." The queen rebuffed.

"You don't know. He have good qualities for a king, I have faith in him." Jules got up from his throne. "I'm going to talk to him." He walked to his son room.

------------------------------

The king knocked on the door, he sighed when he heard nothing. His son was really pissed off this time. He opened the door and saw him looking at the window, with his arms crossed.

He sat down next to his son. "What were you doing outside?"

Sonic doesn't look at his father. "I just wanted to play outside like all the other kids... This duties are so boring..."

Jules chuckled. "I understand that, my son. But you surely enjoyed your time outside. So tell me, what you have done on your little adventure today?"

The prince looked at his father in surprise. "How you can know?.."

Jules smiled. "I know you pretty well, you're not my son for nothing. So what you have done?"

"I helped someone who was bullied. He was a hedgehog just like me, and he even looked my age!" Sonic smiled happily.

"You made a new friend then, what was his name?"

"I didn't have time to ask... Galahad just came to pick me up because mom can't stand to see me just be myself. Sometimes it's like she didn't even love me..." Sonic looked down sadly.

The king put one hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure you will see them again. And don't worry about your mother, she loves you deeply, she is just really into protocol and all royal things. You should talk to her."

"But she don't understand me..."

"Come with me and talk to her. I'll be right next to you." Jules got up and looked at his son.

The young prince hesitated a little but nodded and got up as well to follow his father.

------------------------------

Sonic followed his father to his mother. He walked to his mother, looking down.

"I'm sorry mom..."

The queen opened her arms to her son. "Come here, Arthur."

The young prince hugged his mother tightly.

"I don't wanted you to be sad, I just want that when you get older you become a good king." Aleena strocked her son's back gently.

"I know mom... I'm sorry... I promise that I will try..."

Aleena smiled. "That's the only things that I'm asking from you.

   ~~~

Votes and Comments, please. :)