Chapter 11

The two young hedgehog started to fight, the king watching from a distance, but the prince just seemed to have given up.

"Come on, I know you can do better than that, I saw it this morning." Lancelot said and looked at Sonic who just sighed in defeats.

"That's why I know that I will never be able to beat you..."

"Don't be like that, son..." The king started, but the young blue hedgehog stopped him.

"I wasn't even able to beat you! I know that I don't have any chance against Lance..."

Jules sighed a bit. "Then I'll fight him. And see if you can learn something out of that, alright?"

Sonic smirked. "I can't wait to see you lose."

The king laughed a bit. "Oh, you're not even gonna cheers for your father?"

"I just know that Lancelot is gonna win against you.~" Sonic smirked more and goes out of the training circle.

The king took the sword that his son had and took his battle stance. "Don't hold back, young knight."

Lancelot did the same, his ruby eyes glowed a bit in anticipation. "As you wish, your highness."

And the two started to fight...

--------------------------------------------

Lancelot waited for the king to attack first, before counter-attacking. The king was becoming a little frustrated, every tactics that he used was quickly stopped by the young knight. He was really amazed by his way of fighting, Lancelot seemed to be completely in control of the battle. Even when the king thought that he saw a weak spot, the black hedgehog showed him that he was wrong.

"Alright!.. You win..." The king stated as he let his sword fall to the ground and painted a bit. "You can fight, that's for sure..."

"You told me to not hold back, sir..."

"And Lance win!" The blue prince exclaimed by the sideline. "I was right once again. Do I have a price?" He smirked.

"I understand why you chosen him. And if you take example of his fighting skills you will be a good fighter in no time." The king smiled. "But no, no price for you." He then added.

"Oh, come on! I was on the winner side!" Sonic pouted a bit. This made the king laugh at this.

Sonic then walked to Lancelot and hugged him, making the said hedgehog gasp a bit and blush, but that was not noticeable with his helmet. "You did great Lance! I hope that I'll catch some of your skills, I could use them." He quickly ended the hug and made it look like he had just bro hugged the black hedgehog. Not wanting his father to see that.

"I-I am sure that you will become a good fighter, with me teaching you..." Lancelot was a little confused of what just happened, but he quickly acted like normal, excepted for his embarrassed stutter.

The king looked at his son a little suspiciously, but let it go, for now. "Anyway. I have something to tell you son. I'm sure that you will be happy to stop your royal studies, right?"

The prince looked at his father. "Really? I would do anything to not see another boring book about royalty and this instructor!.."

Jules chuckled a bit. "I was aware of that. Then we can find a compromise."

"A compromise?" The blue hedgehog looked hopefully at his father.

"If I tell you that instead of learning from books you will be able to join me. Seeing how a king take care of his kingdom. You would like that?" The king continued.

"Yes!" Sonic exclaimed happily. "Anything is better than reading books for hours, I hate that..." He pouted a bit, again not acting like a prince.

Jules chuckled again, he already knew that his son would say yes, Arthur wasn't his son for nothing. "Then we will start tomorrow. You will stay with me during meetings with other kings, and you will see how a king protect and rules over his kingdom. Just don't act too much out of your prince status, understood?" He looked at his son a bit seriously at the end of his speech, making the young prince understand that he will not tolerate him acting like a child in front of important people.

"I will father, I promise."

"You can be yourself with who you want, son, but as a prince, and soon to be king, you will have to act as your status in front of other kings or our citizens."

"I won't disappoint you, father."

The king smiled. "I know, you never disappointed me after all. Now let's go back to the castle, we had enough fun for today." He started to walk away.

"The fun never end with me!" Sonic started to run towards the castle while laughing. He seemed so happy right now.

Lancelot was looking where Sonic had run to, then at the king, wondering with who he had to stay. He had to make a choice quickly, and at the end he ran of after Sonic. It was like a little voice was telling him to stay with the blue hedgehog...

~~~

I'm finally updating this story! Sorry if it seems short, but I couldn't ad anything else for this chapter... Anyway, I hope you will like this story! See ya all in the next update! ^^

Votes and Comments if you like it, I really appreciate it.