Chapter 14

Lancelot cried in the prince's arms for some minutes, until, as he realized what he was doing, he forced himself to calm down. "I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have-" He tried hard to regain his usual composure, trying to act like his cold side again, not wanting to get in trouble for something this stupid.

Sonic stopped the black hedgehog. "You have nothing to be sorry for. It's okay to let go and show your emotions. Being able to freely express them can be a force too." He said with a smile.

Lancelot shook his head as he let go of the prince's warm embrace. "I can't be like that... A knight-"

The blue hedgehog cut him off once again. "A knight needs to always be on its guard. I know, you already told me. But a knight can live normally too. You can't just be a knight every hours of every day..."

The red striped hedgehog looked down and mumbled. "... That's exactly what I'm doing..."

Arthur 'Sonic' frowned at that. "Then you will stop. I don't care if you want to be the 'Mighty Knight Lancelot' around other people, but I would like you to just be yourself around me..."

Lancelot started to blush and was a little confused. "... But why?.."

Sonic smiled at the look his black counterpart gave him. That was the Lancelot he wanted to know, a sweet side under his cold armor... "Because you're my bodyguard, we are practically together all day long. And I want to know you as a friend, not only just a knight serving the kingdom, but you should already know that." He smirked a little at his last sentence.

"... You said that once or twice, yes..." The red striped hedgehog answered, not really sure or confident about what the blue one just said.

"I'm only asking for a chance to know you. The real you. Nothing bad will happen, I'll make sure of that." Sonic said with a serious look, but smiled at the end. He meant everything that he said.

Lancelot looked down, thinking for a moment. Should he trust him? Could he trust him?.. His brain told him not to, but something else was telling him to give the young prince a chance... He sighed, and looked back up to the blue one in front of him. "Fine... I'll try to give you a chance..."

"Nice!" The blue hedgehog screamed in happiness, until he saw the surprised look on Lance's face. He coughed a bit, trying to be calmer. "I-I mean... That's great."

"I think we had enough training and actions for today, don't you think?" He added after some seconds, wanting to change the subject.

"As you wish." Lancelot took back his sword, acting like the knight he was supposed to be.

Sonic only smiled at that before walking away, back to the castle. His bodyguard followed him without a word.

---

Arthur 'Sonic' walked to the throne room, but strangely his father wasn't there.

"Why father isn't there?.. He is normally on his throne at this hour..." He said, more to himself than anyone else, before walking to the meeting room, hoping to see his father there.

The king was talking to someone outside the meeting room, he looked too serious,  for his son at least.

The prince waited for his father to finish, knowing that it seemed to be important. As the other person left, the young prince walked to his father.

"Everything's okay, father?" He asked with some concerns, he don't liked the look on his face...

"Arthur..." Jules sighed a bit. "It seems that someone is threatening the kingdom..."

"Threatening the kingdom?" The blue prince asked, not really seeing a huge problem with this, it wouldn't be the first time that some weird guy wanted to take the crown of his father. "That wouldn't be the first time, so why you look this serious?"

"I got a letter earlier, this Duke, seems to be really close to the North borders, with quite an army too..." The king looked at his son sternly. "You won't put a foot outside this castle until further notice. Do you understand?"

"What!? I have to be even more cloistered here!?"

"There is no discussion! You need to stay here to be safe if anything happen. Some knights will go on a mission to the North to discover where this Duke is." Jules looked at Lancelot. "Lancelot. You will stay with my son at all cost, no stupid ideas. Understood?"

The red striped hedgehog in armor bowed to the king with respect. "Of course, your Highness. I'll give my life for your son if I have to."

The king nodded before walking away.

Sonic pouted with his arms crossed, not liking the idea of being more stuck in this castle that he already is. "Just great... Is my life can get any worse?" He grumbled unhappily.

"It's for your safety, Sonic... The castle could be under attack. If the king is acting like that it's for a reason." Lancelot looked at the prince.

"It's not the first time that my father gets weird people trying to take the kingdom or whatever, but each time my father could settle the thing down, mostly because people are scared of Excalibur, and nobody could win against him anyway. Why this would be different?"

"Like I said, I'm sure the king have his reasons."

Sonic continued to pout and started to walk, Lancelot followed him without a word once again.

---

Galahad, Gawain and Percival prepared their horses for their mission. The king asked them to go to the North and find this so called Duke without being detected, a stealth mission.

The young prince saw them while he was walking to the garden, Lancelot was still following him closely.

"You three are going on a mission?" He asked.

The three knights looked at him.

"Oh, yes we are, my prince. We need to go to the North." Percival answered, making Sonic pouts a bit.

"I already said that I don't like this formal things..."

The purple cat, known as Percival, chuckled a bit. "I know, I'm sorry. But we have no time to chat, we need to get going as soon as possible."

"Oh, yes of course. Well, I wish you all good luck for your misson." Sonic smiled a bit, he hoped that his friends would be okay.

"Thank you." All three knights answered before mounting on their horses, ready to start and accomplish their task.

~~~

I finally updated! Damn life making me feel so down that I can't write anything... But anyway, there is a new chapter, and I hope that you will like it! ^^

Votes and Comments if you like. :)