Chapter 16

Silence... It was complete silence in the throne room. The guards were wondering just what happened, Lancelot was staring at the direction the Prince ran, the King was staring into nothingness completely baffled, and the Queen started to growl in rage.

"How dare he just disrespect me like that!?"

That quickly broke the red striped hedgehog off of his staring, and gave a worried glance at the Royals before going after the young Prince.

Jules got off of his surprise as well, still somewhat baffled at what his son said, and a little hurt by this, realizing that his only child was suffering in all this...

He looked at his wife. "Calm down, dear, I'll try to talk to him..."

"You're going to say nothing to the fact that he screamed at me like this? He need to choose a princess! How he will be able to be a true king if he doesn't have a heir!?" Aleena growled angrily, her son's disobedience angered her.

"You didn't understood his painful reaction? He just admitted something big about himself and you only think about heirs?" The King looked at his wife with a serious face, he could understand that she was proud of her royal heritage, but his son was suffering, and he couldn't let that happen.

"Jules! You know what I'm talking about! Heirs are important." The Queen rebuffed.

Jules frowned at this. "Our son is only following his heart, and you're going to punish him for this? If your father would have done that with you we would never have been together, and you know it. And you would do that to our son? How you would have reacted if your father had forced you to marry someone else?"

The Queen calmed down a bit at this. "I would have been mad of course... But I just want our son to have the best, it is that bad?.."

"I know that, but you can't control his heart. Have faith in him, he will do the right choices in the end, I'm sure of it."

Aleena sighed. "I want his happiness as well, of course, but I still don't accept how he is talking to me." She comes back in her Queen mode, looking like a Queen should be.

"Now I'll talk to him and have all the explanations until you calm down." The King walked out of the throne room and towards his son's bedroom, knowing that it was where his son ran off to.

The Queen sighed again and goes to the four princesses who were still in the room to talk to them...

---

Meanwhile, while the King and Queen were arguing, Lancelot goes to his Prince room and gently knocked on the door.

"Go away! I-I want to be alone!.."

Arthur 'Sonic' was sobbing behind the door, he was trying to get his emotions back under control but, in a way, he was ashamed of himself to have just admitted his feelings like that. He doesn't wanted to admit this just now...

"Sonic... It's me... I'm not here to mock you or anything..." Lancelot paused a bit, trying to find the right words. "I was worried about you...

There was silence for some seconds until the Prince talked again.

"Are you alone?.."

"Yes, it's only me here..."

Sonic took a deep breath to try to calm himself down and gently goes to the door to unlock it and let his knight in.

Lancelot walked in and watched the Prince as he was closing back the door before locking it again. "Are you... Okay?.." He asked a little timidly, not really at ease, he wasn't used to comforting other people...

"... Why I can't just be myself?.. This isn't fair..." The Prince was still sobbing a little, holding himself as he walked towards his bed to sit down.

The black hedgehog felt completely useless, and something inside him was sad to see the blue Prince like this... He slowly goes to sit next to him and gently took off his helmet, knowing that Sonic preferred to see his face.

"Sonic... I know that you would prefer to not talk about it... But what did you mean earlier?.." Lancelot looked at Sonic with some curiosity in his eyes.

The young Prince eyed his black counterpart a bit before letting out a sigh. "You deserve an explanation I suppose... I... I just admitted how I feel... I just don't have any interest in females, I... I prefer males..."

Lancelot looked at him with a small blush. "So... Y-You're?.." He didn't know how to say this, he wasn't expecting Sonic to like males.

"I don't care how you can call me, I am just me... Whatever that means... Are you disgusted?.."

The red striped hedgehog was a bit surprised by the question. "Of course not. It would be stupid to hate you for that. I'm more surprised than anything else if you want to know, I just wasn't expecting this... Now I understand why you were so mad at the Queen..."

Sonic sighed. "I'm more mad of the fact that she is forcing me to marry someone that I don't like... I just want to be with a male... But I am a prince, soon to be king... I'm just doomed to be with a female and not someone that I really love..." He looked down with a depressive look.

The room was silent for some second until Sonic continued.

"I only discovered this recently to be honest... But I feel like something is telling me that I'm like this since the beginning..."

Lancelot looked down a bit. "I'm not the best at this kind of discussions and topics... But I know that you can't control your feelings, it just happen..."

The blue Prince smiled a bit at the black hedgehog next to him. "You know, it makes me feel better when you say that..."

"Really?.." The ebony hedgehog looked up hopefully to him and Sonic's smile grew, for him Lance was just perfect and could be adorable, exactly what he loved...

"Of course, you being here with me helps me feel better..."

There was silence once again, until the Prince asked something.

"Can I ask you something?.."

"Of course."

"I... Well... Maybe it's a little embarrassing for you but... Did you ever were attracted to someone?" Sonic asked curiously to his dark counterpart.

Lancelot blushed and quickly looked down. "I... If I have to be honest... I never felt that to anyone..."

"I really hope you will find someone to love, you deserve it." The young Prince smiled warmly.

The hedgehog in armor's blush deepened at this but tried to hide it. "I'm a knight... I don't have time for this..."

"That doesn't change what I said." Sonic continued to smile, looking at the knight next to him.

"You said earlier that you discovered who you liked but did you find a special someone or you didn't yet?.." Lancelot looked back up to the Prince, ignoring the blush he bad on his face.

Sonic started to blush now. "W-Well... I would be lying if I said I didn't have a eye on someone..." He scratched the back of his neck with some embarrassment and eyed his knight in the corner of his eyes.

The ebony hedgehog looked at the Prince and his blush deepened even more.
It was like they didn't needed to talk, their eyes talking in their own ways, until...

There was a knock on the door...

~~~

Finally an update! I am so sorry... I'm trying to write again, I promise... But I would be glad if some people still reads my stories.