Chapter 4

The prince, Sonic, couldn't take off the black hedgehog out of his mind, something was standing out about him, but he didn't know what.

"Why you're so silent, son. I thought that you would be happy to see the tournament." Jules suddenly asked to his son, making the said son goes out of his dreams quickly.

"I am happy dad, sorry, I was just thinking." Sonic said and tried to act like himself.

"You're sure about that? You're never so quiet usually." The king continued to ask.

"Yes, dad, sorry. I just didn't slept a lot last night..."

Jules sighed, his son hates rules and orders, always finding a way to get through them or to avoid them, and he likes to do as he wants. "You stayed up after your curfew again..."

"I am not a kid anymore, father. I can sleep when I want, and I should wake up when I want as well..." The young prince answered angrily and crossed his arms. He had enough to be treated like a kid, he can do what he want and be free.

"We will discuss this later." His father answered sternly.

Sonic just pouted with his arms crossed.

----------------------------------------

When the prince and his father got back to the castle, they celebrated the young prince birthday. Everyone in the castle were preparing the banquet hall for the next next, every people will be able to come to the castle to celebrate the 18 years birthday boy.

Sonic was helping but he was more in his thoughts than anything else. He is feeling weird since he saw the black hedgehog but he couldn't understand what was this feeling. He thought of talking to his parents, but decided against it, knowing that they won't help him and that they couldn't understand him either. But he decided to go talk to the only person that could understand him, his best friend, a two tailed fox named Tails.

The young prince quickly abandoned what he was doing, knowing that someone else will finish it and that his parents will be mad at him, but he had more important things in his mind.

"Hey Tails!" Sonic said as he walked inside the kitsune workshop. His best friend is the son of the most known blacksmith in the kingdom, and will become the next blacksmith after his father.

The young fox was startled a bit by his friend arrival, but it was always like that with the blue hedgehog. "Hey Sonic, how was the tournament? I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't go to see it, but my father needed my help..." He said as he turned around to look at his friend.

The prince smiled at hearing his nickname, he much preferred it instead of his own name, it lifted his mood a bit. "It was awesome! I saw knights that I never saw before and even Silver was fighting."

"I'm sure that your parents will approve the nickname." Tails teased with a smirk, knowing very well how the king and the queen disliked the fact that their son could just give nicknames to everyone, mostly his mother.

Sonic pouted. "I don't care. I can call everyone like I want and even them will not be able to change that. But I didn't came for that." He suddenly was more serious than normal, something that was quickly seen by the kitsune.

"You wanted to talk about what?" Tails asked, a little worried by the change of humor of his best friend.

The blue prince sighed and sat down next to his friend. "I am feeling weird since I saw... The tournament..." He hesitated a little, worried about what his best friend will think of him. But the kitsune just looked at him, confused, letting him talk and finish. Sonic took a deep breath and told him. "I saw a new knight at the tournament, and the moment I saw him... I couldn't think about something else... I don't understand my own feelings and it's driving me insane!" He holds his head in his hands.

Tails decided to speak. "You're feeling something bad, or something else?"

Sonic groaned, fed up with himself. "I don't really know... But I don't think it's bad... At least I hope... And I chosen him to be my personal bodyguard and trainer..."

"Then maybe it's a good thing. Like that you will be able to talk to him and all, maybe it will help. You never were really good to talk about your feelings, you should take sometime to see how it goes. And I'll be here to talk if you need me." Tails smiled, trying to encourage and cheer up his best friend. He smiled even more when he saw a small smile on Sonic's face, it was a little one, but at least it shown him that the blue hedgehog was feeling a little better.

"You're right. I should talk to him and maybe he will become my second best friend." The prince smiled happily, feeling a lot better after talking about it. "Thanks bro. I should go or my parents will be mad at me for the third time today, or maybe more." He got up from his seat, clearly feeling better.

Tails smiled. "I'm happy to help, and I will see you later at the banquet."

"Yeah, bye bro." Sonic waved bye to his best friend and ran back home.

"Bye!" Tails said happily after the blue hedgehog.

---

Hey everyone! I am so, so sorry about the wait. My life wasn't easy lately and I was angry against my writing skills... But enough of that, I am back and I'll try to update this story as often as I can. I am focusing on this story for now, or I'll lose my motivation... (I'll try to not get side tracked by others stories idea ^^')
Votes and Comments if you like, thanks. :)