Chapter 10

The two hedgehog enjoyed their time for some moment, until Lancelot heard some noise, like someone was walking towards them. He took his helmet and puts it back on.

Sonic was a little confused until he heard a voice talk to them.

"There you are, son." It was the king.

The prince sighed, getting angry again. "What do you want?.." He crossed his arms with a pout.

"Don't talk to me like that." The king started sternly. "It seems that you got in trouble again in your studies?"

"So what? This things are completely boring! I feel like you're forcing me to be someone I'm not!.." Arthur 'Sonic' tried to defend himself, and tried to explain what he was feeling.

Jules, the king, sighed. "Arthur... That's not what I want you to be. But you have to understand that it's for your own good..."

"I never asked to be king! I just want to be me! To be free! And I won't learn anything just by looking at stupid books and with an instructor who just point out what I do wrong!.." The blue prince growled angrily, his emotions were getting the better of him.

"... Sonic..." Lancelot whispered. He really wanted to help him, but he feel useless, and with the king here, he felt like he shouldn't. He don't want to get in trouble...

The king was a little taken aback by this. He never saw his son this angry before. And he saw that his own son was, like, suffering in this. It was hurting him... "Arthur. Sit back down and we will talk, calmly, alright?"

Arthur 'Sonic', the young prince, sniffles a bit, trembling in both rage and sadness, but he was holding back his tears, his cheerful self not wanting to lose control like that. He slowly sat back down were he was, next to the black hedgehog who was trying to act like he wasn't here, as his father sat down next to him.

"I-I'm sorry... I know that I shouldn't scream like that..."

The king stroked his son's back gently. "You look like you're distressed... That's really how you feel?"

"... Yes... I want you to be proud of me... But I feel like I fail in everything... I am surely not fit for this..." Sonic tried to calm himself down.

"That's not true, son. I am very proud of you, just the way you are. Just because your mother don't approves of your attitude doesn't mean that I think the same. And being hard headed can be a good quality for a king." Jules chuckles a little.

The prince looked at his father and smiled a bit. "You're just trying to make me feel better, right?.."

"I'm just saying the truth, son, but I can see that I have succeeded." The king grinned a bit. He then saw that Lancelot was still here. "You still here, knight?"

The black hedgehog blushed a bit in embarrassment. "I'm sorry, your highness... I didn't mean to listen or anything..."

"Don't be sorry, you did nothing wrong. Now, to lighten the mood, why we don't go for a small sword training?" Jules smiled as he got up.

"Sword training? With you?" Sonic looked up at his father with interest.

"The three of us. I'm sure that everyone will learn something."

"I'm all in!" The young prince got back to his feet, a big smirk on his face. He completely have forgotten all of his anger now.

"As you wish..." Lancelot said quietly before going up as well. He wasn't sure if he should, but since Sonic was looking so happy he just wanted to say yes.

The three hedgehog walked to the training arena.

-----------------------

"So," The king began, "I want to know if you have progressed in your combat skills." He looked at his son, grinning.

"I can beat you! You will see how my training went." The blue prince smirked, confident about his skills as he took a training sword.

"We will see then, son." The king prepared himself before taking a training sword as well. "Let's begin."

As the two hedgehog fought, Lancelot was watching from the side, he was especially watching how Sonic was doing, but he had to admit that the king wasn't a bad fighter.

"You're exposing your side." He suddenly said.

Sonic was confused and looked at the black hedgehog. "What?"

"You won't win like this. You're exposing your weak spots." The black hedgehog continued, "But continue, I want to see if you can improve with this little hint."

Sonic rolled is eyes. "Haha, really funny, Lance..." He pouted a bit before resuming his battle against his father.

----------

"That's not fair!" The young prince shouted as his sword felt down to the ground. He pouted unhappily with his arms crossed.

The king laughed. "Don't be like that, son. You fought well, I'm sure that you will be able to win one day. You just started your training after all." He smiled but Sonic just pouted more.

"Now," The king continued, "I would like to see how you're doing against your knight."

"You just want me to be beaten two times in a row, huh?" The blue prince said, still pouting. He knew that he wouldn't be able to win against Lancelot, he saw that this very morning after all...

"I just want to see how you're doing against him, and maybe I'll be able to give you some tips." Jules, the king, chuckled and then looked at the black hedgehog. "Would you?"

Lancelot bowed a little and took one of the training swords. "As you wish, your highness." He took a fighting position to fight against the prince.

~~~

There a new chap for this story! Hope you will like it! ^^

Votes and Comments if you like. ^^