Chapter 5

When the prince got back to the castle, he met his parents with an angry glare, mostly his mother.

"Where were you?" The queen asked to her son, stern as usual.

Sonic pouted a bit with some anger, his mother never understood him, and it seems that she never will. "I was with Tails, he wanted to talk to me..."

"And you thought that you could just leave like that? Without doing what you were asked?" His mother said, glaring a bit.

The blue prince growled a bit. "Yes. I needed to talk with someone who could really understand me, not like you. Now if you excuse me I'll take my leave for the day." He said coldly and walked to his room, without looking back at his mother.

The queen Aleena growled. "Arthur..." She wanted to rebuke her son but he was already gone. "Arthur!"

The king sighed and tried to calm down his wife. "I'll try to talk to him, okay? Don't get too worked up about this."

The queen 'humfed'. "And don't forget about what we discussed earlier." She walked away.

Jules sighed a bit but nodded at his wife before walking to his son's room.

----------------------------------------

Sonic was pouting on his bed, thinking again. He was more and more thinking that he wasn't mean for royalty.

The king knocked on the door and opened it. "Son?"

Sonic sighed and looked at his father from the corner of his eyes. "What? I said that I wanted to be alone..." He said, a little angry.

Jules sat down next to his son. "You seem more angry than usual... Are you okay?" He asked, a little worried.

The blue prince sighed again. "I just have enough... Mom will never understand me!.. It's like she hates me sometimes..."

"Don't say that, Arthur. Your mother loves you, but you know how she is. She is proud of her royal status and all, she just want you to follow this to become a good king." Jules said to his son, trying to cheer him.

"But I don't like all of this royal things. It's not for me... It's not who I am... I just want to be free..." Sonic looked away with his arms crossed.

The king smiled a bit. "I understand completely. I was just like that when I was your age, I needed adventure. I wanted to explore the world and all."

"Really? Why you stayed here then?" Sonic asked, his curiosity picked.

Jules continued with a smile. "I met your mother." When he saw the confused look on his son's face, he started to tells him his story. "Believe me or not, but when your mother was younger she wanted to explore the world, see beautiful scenery, she wanted to travel around the world. We were preparing ourselves for this, going away without our parents knowing, but it didn't go as planed..."

Sonic listened closely.

"We found someone trying to escape the castle, unnoticed. I told your mother to stay put as I goes stop them, and I was surprised to see my uncle. Just when I was going to ask him what he was doing he punched me and ran away. I was going to follow him until your mother heard the guards, something was odd. We got back inside to see what was going on, and we heard than her father got poisoned..."

The young prince was listening intensely, not wanting to miss something.

"Her father died three days later... And I was made the king, with the last words of her father and the blessing of her mother and my parents."

"What happened to your uncle?.." Sonic asked after some seconds of thinking.

"I searched him, that was the first thing that I have done when I became king. He got locked away and he got everything he deserved." The king answered his son.

Sonic smiled a bit but then thought of something. "But you didn't have your adventure..."

"You're wrong about that." The king saw confusion in his son's eyes and he smiled at him. "You are my and your mother more fantastic adventure, and I don't want to change it for something else."

Sonic was shocked and touched, for the first time he didn't know what to say or do.

The king hugged his son. "One day you will understand, and I really hope that you will find your other half."

The prince blushed a bit, it wasn't an easy subject for him. "Thanks... But I'm not ready for that, it's not my thing."

Jules smiled. "You never know." He got up from his son's bed. "It's getting late. Goodnight, my son."

"Night, dad..."

The king got out of the roon with a smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~

There is the new chapter! Votes and Comments if you like it. :)