Chapter 13

"I... I stole when I was younger... I was smaller and weaker than any other kids of my age... I know I shouldn't have, but..." Lancelot talked about his past, looking at the ground, as Arthur 'Sonic' listened with interest. "I was always picked on, because of my small size... Other kids just liked to beat me up for their enjoyment..."

Sonic growled at this. "That's horrible! How they could have done that to you!? Only because you were smaller!? Jerks!.." Knowing that his knight had been hurt when he was a kid angered him. He couldn't understand how other kids could just take pleasure in beating someone up. That shouldn't happen for him...

The ebony hedgehog continued regardless. "One day... Everything changed though..."

Flashback...

Lancelot was whimpering on the ground, he had tried to shield himself from the other kids who beated him by turning in a ball, but that wasn't enough...

"Hey, you okay?"

The small, red striped hedgehog was suddenly aware that nobody was beating him anymore. He looked up slowly, seeing a blue hedgehog looking at him with worry, not even older than him. The blue one was holding his hand down for him, wanting to help him back up. Gently, Lancelot got back on his feet. "Y-Yes... Thank you..."

"I'm Arthur, but I prefer 'Sonic', and you?" The azure said, with a happy smile. Lancelot only had the time to open his mouth, when a knight walked in the alley.

"Prince Arthur, there you are. Your parents were worried about you."

'The prince?' That's the only thing that Lancelot could think of. The blue hedgehog in front of him, who helped him, was the prince? How it was possible? He watched as the young prince and the silvery knight argued, until Arthur looked back at him, with a small smile.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. I hope to see you again one day!" The azure furred one waved at him as he walked away with the knight. The young Lancelot stared for a bit until he saw how late it was, and quickly started to run in the forest.

As he made his way back 'home', he was greeted by Nimue, the Lady of the Lake. She quickly hugged him, relieved to see the young child back. "My Chaos Lancelot... What happened to you?!... I was worried sick!.."

The black hedgehog quickly hugged her back, ignoring the pain in his body. "I'm okay mom..."

"Don't you dare telling me you are okay!.. Look at you!... Some kids beating you up again?.." Nimue looked at her son, seeing all the scratches and injuries he had. Like any mother, she was worried for the wellbeing of her child...

"Yes... But someone saved me!.." Lancelot quickly answered. It was the first time that someone actually helped him against those kids, most of the time people only ignored him...

"Come to the healing pool, and you will tell me what happened..."

Lancelot nodded and followed his mother.

---

"A young blue hedgehog, named Arthur?"

Lancelot nodded as he told his story to his mother, while she healed him. "Then a knight approached us and called him 'Prince'."

"You really saw the prince himself then." The Lady of the Lake smiled gently, still healing her son.

"But you told me once that the prince lived in the castle. Why he was in the village then?" The curious, young hedgehog looked behind him at his mother.

"I don't know, dear." Nimue still smiled.

"The prince stood without fear in front of the other kids... Only to save me..." Lancelot looked down, thinking.

Nimue finished to heal her son. "Lancelot, you're okay?.." She asked as her son got silent.

The young hedgy looked up at her, looking serious. "Mom, I want to become a knight. I want to stop being weak..."

The Lady of the Lake looked at him with some worry. "But you're not weak, my son."

Lancelot only ignored her, and looked in front of him with determination. "I will be a knight."

End of flashback...

Sonic was speechless and stared at his black counterpart, as realization hits him. "You... You are..."

Lancelot looked away. "It's stupid, isn't it?.. This memory is stuck in my head... The moment I saw you..." He stopped for some seconds, before continuing. "I started training since that day. I even sneaked in the castle here to watch the knights fighting. Until my mother saw how serious I was, and she made this armor for me, and even given me my sword..."

The blue prince still stared at him, until he found his voice back. "I knew that you looked familiar..."
The red striped knight looked at him with confusion, and Sonic continued. "The moment I saw you in the tournament, I had the feeling that I saw you somewhere... Now I remember..."

Suddenly Lancelot sat up. "No, you can't have saw me. I'm not that weak and pathetic child anymore..." His back was turned to the prince, feeling himself wanting to close his heart...

"Lance..." Arthur 'Sonic' gently got up and put a hand on his counterpart's armored shoulder. "You weren't weak or pathetic. You were only a child... The weak and pathetic ones were the kids who wanted to beat you up only because you were You." He looked serious now.

Lancelot slowly looked behind him to the blue hedgehog. His eyes were humid, he was fighting his own tears as they threatened to fall. What Sonic just told him smacked him like bricks, but it was full of truth.

"And I understand that as a knight you can't and don't want to just show your emotions to everyone, but it's not healthy to hold them in like you do..."

The black hedgehog felt his tears starting to fall, unable to stop them anymore, his feelings and emotions were all over the place. He hated this side of him, but it was hard to resist to his true side next to Sonic...

Sonic felt bad, seeing the black hedgehog distressed like that. "It's okay to cry sometimes, Lance... Nobody will judge you, and we are alone here."

Lancelot suddenly started to sob, and he had done the only thing he could think of. He quickly hugged the prince, crying on his chest. Sonic was surprised for a second, the force the crying hedgy used nearly made him lose his balance, but he quickly hugged the sobbing hedgehog back, as much as he could with the cold armor of the black knight, but he held him close.

"It's okay... Just let it go, Lance..."

~~~

There's a new chap for you since it's Halloween! I'm a little late, but it will do. ^^" Anyway, I hope that you liked the chapter and that you're still liking this story! Cya next time!~

Votes and Comments if you like. :)