Chapter 7

The prince was ready for the ball, in his royal uniform. He doesn't like to wear it, it was too 'confining' in his point of view. He sighed a little, in his thoughts.

"You are all ready, your highness."

This seemed to make Sonic goes out off his thoughts. "Thank you, you can tell my parents that I'm coming." He answered his personal servant. The servant bowed and walked away to do what he have been ordered.

"Here's goes nothing then..." The blue prince grunted in disgust. He hated to be around all of the rich 'bozos', that's how he calls them, and some royal courts, all that jazz. He despised the fact that he have to act 'like a prince', that what his mother always tolds him.

----------------------------------------

Sonic had succeeded at getting away from all the rich people and was talking to Tails, the only 'poor' that was accepted at the ball. Tails' family wasn't really poor, but as blacksmiths, they wasn't considered like important people. The blue hedgehog looked around, like he was searching for something, or someone.

"Sonic? You're listening?" Said Tails, when he saw his best friend looking around.

The prince sighed a bit. "Lancelot said that he was coming, but I don't see him anywhere..."

Tails was a little confused. "Lancelot?.." Then he remembered what Sonic told him. "Oh! Your new knight, right?"

"Yes..." Sonic sighed again and looked around some more, until he saw the unusual black quills of his knight, still in his armor. "There he is!" He lighted up immediately and started to walks towards him, with Tails following him.

"There you are Lance! I was wondering where you were." The blue prince said happily, walking to his knight.

Lancelot was a bit startled by this sudden arrival but he hides his emotions quickly, like he do most of the time. "I am here to do my job, your highness. Nothing else..."

Sonic pouted a bit. "It's supposed to be a party! You should just enjoy it, relax a little and all that..."

"I'm sorry, but a knight need to be always on his guard." Lancelot replied gently, in a softer voice than normal.

Sonic sighed a bit but quickly smiled. "At least your with me. For me it's a good step in the right direction." He winked at him, making Lancelot blush at the look he is giving, but he quickly tried to hide it. Not really a problem, with his helmet.

The blue prince got some weird look by the people when they saw him just happily talk to a knight than rather someone more 'important'. But Sonic just ignored them, like he do most of the time. Sonic talked about his life, not going into too much details, happy to see that Lancelot was listening, even if he doesn't talk back much.

As the ball finished, Sonic had to make a 'thank you everyone for coming' speech, as his parents instructed, and got escorted to his room by Lancelot.

"It was nice, we should talk more, to know each other and all." Sonic smiled at his knight. "And maybe see you without your armor, or at least your helmet." He winked with a small smirk.

"I'm just a knight, my prince. And I have nothing to talk about..."

The prince shook his head. "I'm sure that's not true. Now excuse me I have to go, or my parents will be a pain in my quill, again."

Sonic smiled. "Night, Lance."

"Goodnight, Sonic..." Lancelot said, bowing a bit before walking to his room.

The prince closed his door and sighed, he smiled while taking out his royal uniform, it was nice to talk to Lancelot.

~~~

Happy New Years to you all! And here I come with a new chap! I hope you will like it! ^^