Chapter 9

The prince was walking angrily to the royal garden, still followed by Lancelot who was still somewhat worried. Sonic then sat down next to the fountain, trying to calm down.

"You're okay?.." Lancelot asked carefully as he sat down next to him.

Sonic sighed loudly, hiding his face in his hands. "I have enough!.. Why I can't just be myself?!... All of this royal things isn't me at all!.."

The black hedgehog puts his ears down sadly, feeling completely useless. He never was good at reassuring people...

"I'm sorry... You shouldn't have to see that... I just... I can't endure this anymore..." The prince took a deep breath and looked at the knight next to him.

"I can understand what it is to be forced to be someone you're not..." Lancelot looked down, not knowing what else to say.

"Hey... You never take off your helmet?"

"Never when I'm on duty, why?.." Lancelot looked back at him, a little confused by the question.

"Because you never take it off when you're with me. And it would be nice if I could see your face while talking to you..." The blue prince sighed a bit, he don't understand why Lancelot feels the need to hide himself. He hoped that he would talk to him, and that maybe they could be friends...

Lancelot blushed a bit. "Why you're insisting on this?.. A knight always need to be on his guard. And that's mean that I need to be in my armor if anything happen."

Sonic pouted a bit. "Come on!.. We are alone here, nothing can happen. And I only said that you could take off your helmet at least..."

The black hedgehog was confused again. "You never know. And I just don't understand your... Interest in me... I am only a knight, and my job is to be your bodyguard."

"And what? That's mean I can't just want to talk to you? Want to know you? Why wanting to be friend with someone is weird? And I don't care if you are my bodyguard, I want to be your friend, I want to just talk to you. That's really weird for you?.." The blue prince said seriously, wanting to know why the black hedgehog was closed like that, like he was hiding himself.

Lancelot stared at him, but said nothing. He didn't know what to say against this. The more he was with him, the more he felt his true self wanting to express itself. It was a weird sensation, he was feeling secure with the blue hedgehog, and at the same time, he wanted to protect him. He was always hiding who he really was, because he hated it, he was weak in his own eyes.

The black hedgehog looked back down. "... I still don't understand why you act like that with me... I am nothing... I..." He bites his bottom lip, stoping his own words. He don't wanted to look weak to his prince, he was his personal bodyguard, he couldn't be weak...

Sonic looked at him with worry. Why Lancelot was feeling that way? And why he don't want to talk to him?
The young prince then smiled and pout a hand on the armored shoulder of the hedgehog next to him.

"Don't say that you're nothing. I don't know a lot from you, and I only know you since some days, but I can tell that you look like a nice person. You even tried to cheer me up some moment ago. That's mean a lot to me."

Lancelot looked back up, speechless.

The blue hedgehog continued, still smiling. "I'm just asking for a chance to know you. I want us to be friends, not just a prince and a knight, that's pretty boring in my point of view. So, could I see you without your helmet at least? And we could start to know each other better." He asked hopefully.

The black hedgehog in armor was still speechless, and confused as to why his prince was so insistent to know him. He don't know what he could tell him, but after what the other hedgehog said, maybe it couldn't hurt, right? He sighed a bit. "... I still don't understand why... But if that what you wish, I could try..." He slowly started to take off his helmet, and as he gently put it aside, he looked back at Sonic. Their eyes stared at each other and it was the prince's turn to be speechless.

"Wow... It's beautiful..."

Lancelot tried to not blush. "What?.."

Sonic blushed deeply when he realized he said that out loud, and tried to cover up his idiocy. "Heh... See?.. You are still you, even without your helmet." He smiled again, ignoring his hot cheeks.

"That's really nice..." He continued, trying to change the subject before Lancelot have the chance to ask why he was blushing like that, and looked at the sky. "Everything looks so beautiful outside, but I feel like I'm sequestered here... I really wish I could see what scenery can be found outside of this castle..."

Lancelot looked at him, blushing a little. "... You never got outside of the castle?.."

The blue prince sighed. "No... I really wanted to, but my parents always forbidden me, especially my mother..." He grumbled a bit at this. "She alway is against what I want..."

The black hedgehog looked at the sky as well. "I didn't go really far in the kingdom, but I saw beautiful things..."

"You're so lucky..."

"I'm sure that one day you will be able to." Lancelot looked back at the prince, and smiled a bit.

"I really hope so..." Sonic looked back down and his smiles grew when he saw Lancelot. "Thank you."

The two hedgehog smiled at each other and they sat there, enjoying each other company in silence.

~~~

Another chapter on this story! Enjoy! ^^

Likes and Comments if you like it! ^^