Chapter 3

As the tournament ended, Lancelot was first, with no loose battle. Galahad was after him, the only loose he had it's against the black hedgehog. And the third was Perceval, no surprise for most people here, since she is usually after Galahad.
The king stood up and goes to the field. Sonic quickly shook his head to get out of his thoughts, and followed his father, trying to act like the prince he is supposed to be.

"Congratulation to the winners, especially you." The king talked to the black hedgehog. "Where do you come from? I never saw you in this kind of event."

The black hedgehog, Lancelot, bowed respectfully to the king. "I'm from this kingdom, your highness. I just wanted to show what I can do."

Jules nodded. "But how old are you? You seem pretty young."

Lancelot blushed a bit under his helmet, but answered the king. "I am 18 years old, your highness."

The king was a little surprised how young the knight in front of him was. "I see..." He looked at his son. "Have you made your choice?"

The blue prince blushed a bit as the voice of his father got him out of his stare. "Y-Yes father... And I think it's obvious that I chose the winner. He deserve it after all." He said as he tried to hide the fact that he was staring at the black hedgehog in armor.

"Very well then, and I think it's a good choice. A little unexpected, but he seems perfect enough, and he will improve your battle skills." The king said to his son.

Sonic crossed his arms and pouted, something not befitting for a prince. "You say that like I'm not good at it..."

"Arthur..."

The prince wanted to groan at the name his father given him but he said nothing to stay out of trouble and looked away from his father...

The king looked back at the black knight. "You will be the personal bodyguard of my son from now on, and his instructor to improve his swordmanship."

Lancelot bowed in front of the king once again. "I'm honored, and it's a immense pleasure to serve you and your family."

The king, Jules, nodded in respect. "You may go back to where you live for today, tomorrow you will be living in the castle. You will be attended tomorrow in the morning with your belongings."

"As you wish your highness, and thank you."

The knights and the people were living the stadium as the king and the prince were escorted back to the castle.

----------------------------------------

Lancelot walked back to his home, or at least somewhere where he feel at home, in the deep part of the forest.

He walked to the lady of the lake, Nimue, the one who took care of him when he was an orphan, and all alone.

Nimue looked at the black hedgehog in armor. "You're back. How it was?" She said and walked to Lancelot to help him remove his armor.

"It was great, I won actually." The black hedgehog said, letting his adopted mother do what she wanted.

The lady of the lake smiled at him but quickly frowned. "You're a little injured..."

"I'm fine mother... It's nothing-" Lancelot started to say but he couldn't finish as his mother stopped him.

"Don't start, Lancelot. I know that you became a powerful knight and all but you can't lie to me, young man." Nimue pouted a bit and sighed before starting to heal him.

Lancelot sighed as well but he didn't say something else, he know better than that.

"What happened then?" Nimue asked as she treated his injuries. They were not really deep, but she can't help to be worried about him.

"The prince chosen me to be his personal bodyguard. Tomorrow I'll live in the castle..." Lancelot groaned a bit in pain when the lady of the lake treated his deeper injury, getting a worried look from his mother.

"I see..." She answered. "I'm happy for you, but I'll miss you..." Nimue said as she finished treating his injuries.

Lancelot looked at his mother in her jade eyes, with his ruby ones. "I'll miss you too, mother... But I promise that I'll come to see you every time I would be able to."

The lady of the lake hugged her son with a smile. "I know you will... Now you should get ready for tomorrow and rest."

The black hedgehog nodded and wondered what tomorrow will bring...

   ~~~

I'm really sorry for the wait, but here I come with a new chapter. I am trying to write some chapter in advance to give me some slack and to think about the story even if I have some ideas. I hope that you will like this chapter and I'll try to update as soon as I can. ^^

Votes and Comments, please. :)