Chapter 15

The mission the knights were in took some days, and by now, the young Prince Arthur, also known as Sonic, was even more bored than usual. Just him going in the garden angered his mother, even though he screamed back at her that Lancelot was with him and that he was safe. Mother's and son's relationship was going even more downhill...

It was actually night, and when everyone in the castle was sleeping, minus some guards doing their jobs, Sonic had woken up after a dream.

"W-What was that?.." He asked a little shaken up and confused by his dream. He just couldn't believe it... "I... Do I really... Love Lancelot?.." He asked once again in a whisper, to no one in particular in his lonely room. He got up from his bed and walked to the window to take some fresh air and think. "It's maybe nothing... But I do feel different around him..." The young Prince sighed and passed the rest of the night by the window, thinking and daydreaming...

---

Arthur 'Sonic' was completely exhausted since he nearly didn't slept at all, and worst of all his mother asked for him in the throne room. He was expecting to have a lecture once again as he left his room after he was ready.

"Sonic..." Lancelot bowed a little in a greetings manner, like he does every mornings.

"Morning, Lance..." The blue Prince smiled a bit, seeing the armored hedgehog just made him in a good mood, plus the dreams he had this morning...

"To the throne room as usual then?" The ebony hedgy in armor asked before starting to walk to accompany the Prince.

"Just like the last days..." Sonic replied with a pout, not befitting a prince, as he followed his bodyguard.

"The Queen is quite demanding of you lately..." Lancelot stated, trying to not sound disrespectful to his royals, but it was easy to see on the Prince's face that he disliked it.

"I'm really starting to think that she hate me..." The future King said before entering the throne room. Lancelot was going to answer him but the moment he entered he closed his mouth, acting like the knight he was.

"I'm here, mother..." Arthur 'Sonic' stayed still in front of the Queen, holding himself well, despite his tired face and the fact that he looked annoyed.

"Arthur." Aleena, the Queen, started. "You still haven't found a princess, right?"

Sonic growled a bit at the question. "I already answered this... No, I didn't found anyone worthy in my eyes." He answered smartly, happy at his response when he saw his mother frown a bit.

"Just as I thought... Very well. Then I asked for some princesses from the neighboring kingdoms to come here for you to look at them, and perhaps, you will found your future queen."

The Prince froze and stared at his mother, his anger quickly growing. "You... You're gonna force me to choose a girl that I don't even know?.."

"They are here for some days, you may know them." The Queen clapped her hands and the princesses entered the room, they were four of them.
A pink hedgehog, a purple swallow, a cheetah and a white wolf.

Sonic only stared at the scene, unable to answer anything...

"I picked them because I'm sure one of them would be perfect for you." Aleena continued. "There is Amy Rose Hedgehog." She said, pointing at each princesses while saying their names.
"Wave Wind Swallow. May Pride Cheetah. And the last one is-" She suddenly was interrupted.

"You don't care of what I want... Do you?.." The soon to be King asked while staring at the Queen, his body trembling in contended rage, trying his hardest to not just, scream, at his mother once again.

"Arthur, you're taking really long to find yourself a queen, and I'm sure you never really searched one. When you will be King you will need a Queen by your side." The Queen replied sternly.

"I can't just pick any random girl to be my queen! It doesn't work like that!"

"It's not any random girls. I picked the prettiest and the best princesses that were available."

"I never said they weren't pretty or anything! Yes, they look okay! Yes, they look rich and all! But do you really think that I'll choose one of them just like that because YOU picked them!?" Sonic started to loose is patience, coupled with his lack of sleep, he was fuming in pure rage, throwing daggers to the Queen with his eyes.

"I don't understand why you're protesting so much. I'm giving you the best. You're even able to choose between four lucky princesses. You're just being difficult at this point." The Queen answered, unfazed by her son who is starting to scream.

"You're just forcing me to choose a princess! They are pretty and they wore really expensive dresses but none of them interest me!" Sonic screamed in rage, his hands in a tight first, trembling with his anger.

"You have some days to talk to them, like that you will be able to know them. How you can say that none of them interest you?" Aleena started to loose her patience as well, the fact that her son always disobeyed her just confused her, and sometimes even angered her. She was trying to do the best for him in her eyes, but her son doesn't seem to see it.

"BECAUSE I HAVE NO INTERESTS IN GIRLS!!!" The Prince suddenly snapped and screamed loudly in the throne room, he was fed up by his mother's constant orders. She always wanted him to be like her, do things like she does them. Some tears were falling from his cheek, in a way, the fact that his own mother don't wanted to understand him hurts him. And here she was, even trying to force him to be in love with some lady that SHE choose, not even letting his own heart finding his other half...

The room suddenly felt deadly silent, with Arthur 'Sonic' panting a little because of his outburst. Then he froze, realizing just what he said, what he admitted to everyone in the room. He started to panic, and with a flash of blue, he was gone...

~~~

Finally an update! Sorry for the wait, I'm trying to get back in writing after my bad mood phase and a never ending cold. I'm trying to get out of my depressive state, which is not easy, but I'm getting better with the help of close friends...
Anyway, I shouldn't rant again here so I hope you enjoyed this chapter and cya all in the next update!

Votes and Comments to your licking! Very much appreciated! ^^