Chapter 8

The next day, the prince and Lancelot were training. Sonic insisted on it since he wanted to see up close how the black hedgehog was fighting.

"You're too predictable..." Lancelot said as he dodged Sonic's attack again for the third time.

The prince pouted a bit, it seemed that everything that he had learn with Galahad and Gawain was no use for him. How the black hedgehog could moves that quickly?! "But how?!.. That's not possible to predict this kind of things."

"Hmm... Your body language and your eyes tells me everything that I need to know. And it's even easier when you are angry."

The blue prince crossed his arms with a pout, discarding the training sword that he have. "You can't just see that by looking at me. And by my eyes? That's ridiculous..." He was pouting like a five years old now...

"Tell me... Have you even fight in a real combat?" Lancelot asked.

Sonic looked at him with some confusion. "Well, no... I never got the chance, why?"

"That's not a chance, trust me... But you can't understand why you have to be always on your guard... You always need to be in perfect control of your emotions, never shows to your enemy that you are scared, in pain, or anything else, and never leave your eyes off your enemy. At least that's how I fight... I think that training is over for today." The black hedgehog goes to put back the training sword that he used in its place, before retrieving his sword, Arondight.

Sonic looked at Lancelot with his ears down in, what, sadness? With pity? He doesn't even understand that feeling right now. The blue hedgehog then took a look at the sword, lighting up a bit. "I never saw a sword like this before. Quite unique."

Lancelot looked back at him. "What? Arondight? I have it for a long time now. It's kinda... Like a part of me, I guess..." He looked at his sword, seemingly in thought.

"Oh? It have a name? Only great swords have names, just like the one my father have, it been in my family for generations I think..."

The black hedgehog in armor looked back at Sonic again, going out of his thoughts. "You're talking about the sacred sword Excalibur?" He asked in curiosity.

Sonic smiled and nodded. "Yep. My father only use it in battles or when he have important meetings, but I never saw it in battles. He even said that Excalibur have powers." He chuckled. He always wanted to see his father in battle, seeing the famous sword in action, like his father told him.

"Oh, I see..." Lancelot continued awkwardly.

"So, how did you got it?" Sonic asked after some moments of awkward silence.

"My... Mother gave it to me when I started training. And I never parted with it ever since. Like I said, it's like a part of me..." Lancelot looked away, feeling exposed talking about himself.

"Oh, I see-" The blue prince was going to continue until a servant approached them.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, your highness, but your mother want you to go to your royal studies. You are already late..."

"Oh great..." Sonic sighed before looking at the servant. "Just tell my mother that I am coming."

"Of course your highness!" The servant bowed respectfully before taking his leave.

Sonic groaned in disgust at the title. That's really one of the first thing that he hated. He sighed again before looking back at the black hedgehog, forcing at smile. "I guess that we spent enough time talking... But I really enjoyed this. That's really nice to get to know you, Lance."

Lancelot blushed at bit under his helmet, but tried to act cool and like normal. "You should really go, Sonic..."

"Hmm... The good thing is that you won't be that far." The blue prince smirked a bit before walking away, making the black hedgehog follow him like the bodyguard he is...

---

As they arrived in the study room, Sonic goes to where his royal studies where, with an unhappy pout on his face. It was not surprise to anyone that the young prince profusely disliked every royal things and protocol that a prince, soon to be king, should learn or known already. As he took place, Lancelot stayed at the door, like a guarding sentinel.

The hours of royal studies for the prince was like usual. The young hedgehog groaned, pouted and nearly got mad at his instructor, a black female cat. But at the end he got really mad, everything that he did was, as his instructor said, 'unfit of a prince', everything that he said was not what a perfect prince should say. He was growling at the back of his throat in irritation.

"You're slouching on your seat again. A perfect prince sits with dignity."

"Enough!" This last statement made the blue prince explode, he hits the table hard in anger. "I have enough of this royal shit! I'm out! And don't try to make me stay! Nobody can stop me!" Sonic got up in rage just before stomping away angrily.

Lancelot looked wide eyed. He never saw Sonic explode like that... And when the blue prince just passed the door, without even a word, the black hedgehog followed his prince with some concern, not really knowing what to do...

~~~

Votes and Comments if you like it! ^^