Chapter Nine

Picture of Chloe above!!!! A/N at end!

Determination. That's the one thing that ran through my mind. For what? I felt urges seep deep into my bones. Urges to protect my mate. Urges to protect my friends and brother. Urges to protect the pack that was now partially mine.
I had to leave. If I didn't, I was putting all my loved ones in danger. I need to think of a plan to get rid of my old packs link to me once and for all. The only way would be to kill the beta and the alpha. I know I'll be able to kill the beta once he takes me.
I have no doubt that my dream was a vision. Gosh, when did my life turn out to be a television show?!
Now the only thing standing in the way is Lucas.
.
.
.
.
I knocked on the door that was between me and Lucas. He was currently in his office doing work for the pack. As I waited for permission to enter, I fondled with the journal of my parents and tried to think of a way to tell Lucas that I wasn't a normal wolf.
'What if he rejects us? He hates us already....' I asked my wolf.
'NO he doesn't! He has walls we had them once too Seraphina!' Crystal snarled.
'MY NAME IS ROSALIE!' I yelled in my mind, a minor headache forming.
'Embrace your powers, your mom's like the JESUS to wolves for God sake!' My wolf chortled at her joke and I rolled my eyes and shut her out.
In my mental arguments I had not noticed the the door opened and an irritated Lucas stood there. "I said come in for goddess' sake!" Lucas frowned.
I flinched at the mention of the word goddess and held up my book. "We need to talk. Now."

"So your just going to believe people that left you with the pack that abused you?" Lucas asked, his tone flat.
"It wasn't their fault! Their job was done you heard them!" I felt my lips too downwards in distaste to his tone.
"THEY LEFT YOU! DID YOU NOT READ THE PART WHERE THE ALPHA FOUND OUT?!" He snarled, his eyes turning a darker shade of its green.
"That's a lie! They knew the dangers they weren't afraid!" My voice was weak with doubt and I knew Lucas could hear it.
"They. Didn't. Want you. Get that through your thick skull." Lucas spoke with his icy tone slowly as if I was a child.
His words cut deep and unshed tears stung my eyes. "Apparently NO ONE does! That's why you hate me right? I'm worthless to you. No one ever has the possibility of wanting me because YOU don't. Your a fucking dick." I growled, a hot tear streamed down my dark red cheeks.
I felt my body slam against the cool wall of the office and when I looked up Lucas had me trapped against the wall, his hands on both sides of my head. I met his icy glare, fuming and not fearing his rejection so much anymore.
"STOP!" He commanded. I felt myself push past it and continue, despite his surprise. "NO! Why do you hate me so much?! My mom thought I was good for you and put us together! She did it for a good reason so whether or not you like me you have to fucking deal with it!" I glared at him in disgust.
"STOP! I HATE WHEN YOU FUCKING DO THIS SHIT TO ME ROSALIE!" Lucas lowered his face closer to mine, his eyes charcoal.
"WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO GODDAMN MUCH LUCAS?! Huh?! Why are you SO afraid to let go and LIKE me?!" I spat, leaning closer so that only an inch of space was between our faces.
Lucas slammed his fist by my head making a hole. "I FUCKING LOVE YOU!" He roared.
I was stunned in silence, before the dam blocking the tears weakened and one slipped. After that I couldn't stop them. "Why now?! YOU DONT GET TO FUCKING SAY THAT BEFORE LEAVE YOU LUCAS!"
"YOU ARENT LEAVING ME ROSALIE!"
"I have to! Do you care about your pack AT ALL?! A war is coming Lucas and I'm NOT putting two thousand people in fucking danger! My pack is searching for me. How long do you think it will be before my beta gets me?! It can't be to fucking long!" I snarled, punching his chest in fury.
"HE WONT! I CAN PROTECT YOU!" Lucas growled. "I'm one HUNDRED times stronger than you Lucas! You know it too! You have to believe my parents!"
"No. I. Don't."
"Haven't you noticed anything different with me?" I whispered.
"Your like all of them! Your trying to leave me like they all do. Tell me, does that sound different?!" Lucas's voice cracked and when I looked at him I saw a damaged boy.
Lucas walked to the other side of the room and sat on his leather sofa before putting his head in his hands.
I approached him slowly and sat on his lap. I hugged him and pressed my lips on his mark, hoping it would calm him down. "I'm sorry. I never thought of it that way..." I could feel my wolf whining at her hurt mate.
"Your the Luna whether you like it or not. If you leave this pack is vulnerable. You have to stay." Lucas muttered, before standing up and walking out of the room.
"I love you too, Lucas."