Chapter 1

"Give me the professors' names and I will end them" Simon who was sat next to me said while Clary entered looking upset.
Both me and her shot him a look" You know with...with a scathing e-mail to the dean."Here was the Simon we knew.

"Don't bother"she responded handing us a letter, I looked over Simon's shoulder and saw that she was acepted. I hugged her."Congratulations! All your hard work finally payed off."

"Whaaaat,"Simon gasped"Sad face? Really?, Well played, Well played"We all bumped our fists togheter in celebration.

"You know it's weird. They kind of liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel"

"You're welcome" we said  at the same time.

"Anyway I have to go, archery practice, you'll tell me everything, tonight when we celebrate your birthday, bye"
I left, and sang a tune on my way to archery practice.

*******

We were all sitting on the roof of Simon's van. Me and Clary in the middle, Maureen was on my other side while Simon was on Clary's side.

"My mom is so protective lately."Well atleast she has a mom, I looked down.

"So do you remember in Aliens, when the alien queen was defending her eggs from Ripley?Simon ask us.

"In this scenario, is my mom Ripley or the alien queen?We all looked at him expectantly.

"Both" Me and Maureen scoff"What?"

"A mother defending her young" Simon explains.

"That's the weirdest comparasion I ever heard" I say"Defending her from what anyway?"

"I spend all day in a art studio. My life couldn't be more mundane. Besides, I really don't know much about when she was young."

"Oh just do what I do and get all the dirt from your relatives."Maureen tells her.

Clary just scoffed"Well, I would if I could, but she doesn't have any. And my...my dad died before I was born." I rub her arm knowing it was a touchy subject.

"So, you have no one?" I mouth "drop it." but she ignores me"No uncles, no aunts, no third cousins, twice remouved?"

"No, just me and my mom" she responds calmly.

"It's why the Lewis clan has added four chairs to every seder since pre-school" Simon explains "One for Clary, one for Jocelyn, another one for Emilia and one for Elijah."

"You guys don't think that's a little bit suspicious? You not knowing anithing about your family? Your mom could be hiding some dark deep secret."I always had this strange feeling around Jocelyn but I never questioned it.

"Maureen, it's not possible. My mother is incapable of concealing anything from me."

*******

After Simon and Maureen's show we went to the van.

"Thank you for being our roadies." Maureen says.

I  pitied Maureen, she had a crush on Simon who was in love with Clary and had been before I knew them,and lastly Clary who didn't realize it and wasn't in love with him at all.

"Yeah, and thank you for being our artist in residence." Simon added while taking off his shirt. I looked Clary's way and she sure was taken aback.

"Of course" She started "So you went on stage tonight as Champagne Enema."We all laughed at the weird name.

"What were we thinking, right?"Maureen asks.