Chapter 30

I had changed from my dress into an all black outfit with my red leather jacket. Jace, Alec and I were in the training/weapon room, preparing ourselves.
Clary entered the room as Jace gave Alec a seraph sword.

"Jace, what are you doing?" She asked.

"Every second are we waste to here, Hodge gets closer to Valentine.."

Alec and I walked away." I want you to have this." He showed me a seraph dagger.

"Isn't that only for Shadowhunters?"

"Yes, but you're part angel part mundane. So it works for you too." Maybe that's why he's arrow connected to me too. I took it from his hands observing it.

"Three of us, one of him. Check the math, but I'm pretty sure he's outnumbered." We heard Jace say.

I helped Alec taking what he needed from the closet.

"What is with you? Would you just talk to me for a second?" Clary questioned.

"Lydia, Hodge...All this is happening because I didn't stop Valentine."

"Jace you can't let emotions cloud your judgment." Clary was still going on when we came back to the table." Your words, remember?"Jace looked at us for help and I shrugged, I didn't want to interfere." When I first wanted to find my mom, I didn't care about anyone else. But you were the one that taught me that it's about a world that's bigger than us."

"That's why you need to wake her up. She was his prisoner...and his wife. If anyone can stop him, she can." He was right, she may even know him better than anyone else.

"Jace listen to me..." Jace didn't let her finish.

"You can do this."

"Maybe I can. But it's not about me, it's you I'm worried about. You cannot let Valentine's evil poison you." The boys picked up their swords from the table.

"He's my father."

"Actually... he's our father." Clary corrected.

"You don't get it." Jace said before leaving.

Clary sighed and looked at us and Alec left calling out for Jace.

"Hey" I put my hand on her shoulder." I'll keep an eye on him don't worry."

"Thank you." She put her hand on mine, we both smiled slightly and I left to join the boys.

*******

The Luke's Wolfpack found Hodge in a skatepark in no time.

"I'll handle it."Jace said leaving me and Jace to observe from afar.

"Do you really think we should let him handle it alone? He's been unstable for the last couple of days." I asked Alec worried.

"Yeah." He noticed the worry in my face."If he crosses the line we'll interfere." I nodded.

Hodge and Jace started fighting." What happened?" I questioned knowing that Alec had activated the hearing rune.

"He already gave the Cup to Valentine." He responded with a grim expression.

"Damn it." I muttered." We're too late."

"Family?" Hodge shouted." The Lightwoods cut a deal, Jace, to have me punished for crimes that they themselves committed. Don't you see? I was a prisoner!" I didn't need super hearing, Hodge yelled historically.

They took out their weapons and I took a step to go stop the fight, but Luke's hand prevented me from doing so.

"Let them be." Luke spoke and I came back to my spot next to Alec.
The fight continued for several minutes until Jace finally put down Hodge, but I wasn't expecting what was going to happen next. Jace cut Hodge's hand that had a weapon with a yell, Hodge's scream of pain reasoned in all the skatepark.

He raised his sword to give a final blow but thankfully Alec thrower himself onto Jace making them both fall. Luke and I ran to Hodge to check on him, we needed him alive.

"It's over!" Alec exclaimed on top of Jace.

"It's not over." Jace told him." He's a traitor. He deserves to pay." Clary was going to be angry, I told her I would keep an eye on him, and he cut Hodge's hand and almost killed him.

"You nearly killed him!" Alec said.

"Maybe I should've killed him! He sided with Valentine, Alec. The Clave let him go once before and look where that got us."

"What are you gonna do?" Alec asked him." You're gonna kill every ex-Circle member, even our parents?"

"Robert and Maryse aren't my parents. "

"You said it yourself. They raised you They are your parents! Just calm down."

"There's a dungeon in Idris with your name written all over it." Luke said to Hodge.

Alec came next to me and traced Hodge's healing rune and he grunted and groaned.
From the corner of my eye I saw Jace taking the ring from Hodge's cut out hand. He stood up and left far away.

"He's talking to Valentine." I pointed out with my head after a while. Jace was talking with the air, but we all knew to who he was really speaking with.

I stood up and stood up next to him.
"The Cup destroys more than it creates. Our job is to protect the mundanes, not to kill them." I touched Jace's shoulder and like that I could see and hear Valentine, but it didn't seem like he could see me.

"Well, losses are acceptable when the alternative is extinction. But come with me, together we can use the Mortal Cup to save the world. "

"Oh, I am coming for you. We have unfinished business." Jace took out the ring and Valentine disappeared.

"We are coming for him." I corrected before coming back to the others.

Luke called his pack away from us and Alec went to join him.

"You know Clary's gonna be mad." I told Jace looking at Alec's botty, I mean he has a nice one.

"And she's gonna be more mad after this"

"What do you mean?"

"Sorry Emilia..." Before I could turn around, I felt the handle of a sword hitting my head.

Jace you little piece of shit, I thought falling with a big thud blacking out.