Chapter 17

Izzy and I were staring at the lovebirds talking with the Mortal Cup in their hands.

"I think I'm going to get sick." Isabelle tells me.

"And I think I'm going to vomit."

"And what's the second rule?" Clary asks.

With her whip Izzy takes the Cup and brings it to us.

She looks at it "There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." 

She gives it to me when we walk down the stairs. I observe the silver vines that covers the cup.

"You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards. You know that." Jace says.

Once we arrive at Clary's level, I give it to her and see how she returns it into the tarot card.

"No Downworlder can come into the Institute. " Jace tries to reassure him.

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter." Izzy explains.

"Last time I checked, Valentine was a Shadowhunter. " Alec points out.

" And he has the Seelies scouts blood, you said that they were part demon part angel. And from what I read Valentine is fan of  freaky experiences." I say.

They all look at me." I'm still not giving you that book, I'm a mundane so the Shadow World rules don't work for me...Sometimes I really love my mundane card." I sigh.

Alec points at me." You heard her, the Cup is not save here. We have to give it back to the Clave."

"Give it back to the Clave? No. Not after everything we went through to get it." Clary refuses.

"My brother is right. The Cup is really important."

"Are you agreeing with me?"

"I'm full of surprises."

"This Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back."

"I agree with Clary." Jace declares."We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip." Wow if I didn't expect this from Jace, sarcasm.

They all look at me. "What?"

"Whose side are you on?" Alec and Clary say at the same time and glare at each other .

"Guys I'm sorry but I can't choose, like I said before it doesn't really affect me. So I'm Switzerland, okay."

"Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons and even kill a mundane if they drank from it. But I promise you, I will not let that monster get hands on it." Clary promises.

"There you go. You have her word." Jace looks at Alec.

Alec just sighs shaking his head. "Follow me."

I followed them, curious about where he's leading her. We enter the glass training room as other people were getting out.
He traces a rune on the floor and the tile becomes a little wire shelf with items on it, one of them being Clary's necklace.

"Alec, I realise I couldn't have done any of this without your help. I wanna thank you." She says while he places the card on one of the shelves.

"Don't misread this as a friendship. Since you've arrive our whole word's been turned upside down." She looks at me and I shrug.

Suddenly a I got a bad feeling like, it feelt like I was about to burst. "Guys, you have to get out." I say breathing heavily, but instead of doing what I said they came near me. I stepped back with my hands in front of me.