Chapter 11

We exited the club by the backdoor. My hand was on Clary's back guiding her. Once outside she stopped walking.

"Jace" Izzy called him.

"Clary we have to move." Jace spoke.

"I'm catching my breath."

"You know what? This is great." Alec starts."And not only did Magnus get the girl her memories back, he took the necklace. That is fantastic..."

"Alec, the girl her name is Clary and I highly suggest you keep your voice down." Jace tells him. I thought that Jace was the perfect guy for Clary the moment I saw how they looked at each other. I mean yes he was very arrogant but it was all in the eyes. Poor Simon, never had a chance. But Jace and Clary seemed like they belonged together.

"Why? What are you afraid I'm gonna upset her? We have risked our lives again and again for this girl, and where has it gotten us? All right nowhere. We're not closer to getting the Mortal Cup. And we've lost the Institute's necklace"He complained then turned to face me",oh and let's not forget about Sophia, why did he call you that name? What are you hiding from us? huh"

My jaw tightened and I looked at him straight in the eyes flashing mine in red but he didn't turn away. I had said nothing but the truth and he knew more about my past than anyone else here.

"Hey, I'm right here. I don't care about your damn jewelry. I'm sorry you're gonna look bad in front of your bosses, okay?" Clary said but we didn't look at her. "But my mother is still missing and my last chance at finding her just disappeared into thin air."

"Clary, it's gonna be fine." Jace tries to comfort her.

"No, it's not!" She looks at him." People are dying because of me. And Magnus?... Magnus will never come out of hiding again while Valentine is still after him. We're never gonna find him. And I will... I will never get my memories back." She said throwing something that Jace caught.

"You gave up way to easy." Jace tells her.

"What is he doing?" Clary asks.

"He's tracking Magnus." Alec explains looking at Jace." Be quiet and keep your distance."

"The button belonged to Magnus. Jace can pinpoint the location using that." Izzy clarified.

I walked towards Jace but a hand stopped me, I knew by the tingles I felt that it was Alec's. I freed my hand sharply .

"Don't touch me." Hurt and guilt flashed in his eyes for a moment but it was gone as fast as it came. I reached Jace and created a red force field so he wouldn't get distracted.

He turned to us and I opened a gap into the force field so we could hear him." No the signal's not strong enough. Magnus must be blocking the track. Let's do this'll Alec."

"Do what?" Clary wondered.

Alec looked at me and walked into the portal, I closed when he was fully in. He looked at me one more time before taking Jace's hand.

"Parabatai tracking." Izzy responds.

"Of course, they are."

"When parabatais track, their power grows stronger. Jace and Alec are gonna track Magnus together." Izzy makes it easier for us to understand.

"Yeah, this whole parabatai thing seems oddly intimate, if you ask me." Clary voices out her thoughts.

"You don't know the half of it"

Jace says something to Alec and nods at me. I take off the force field and him and Alec walk away and we follow them.

We reached an abandoned deposit. I got a bad feeling it was far too calm. The others took their weapons out while I stayed behind Alec, I still wouldn't use my powers as I didn't know how much people stayed with Magnus.

"Magnus' lair is right behind that fence."Jace informed us.

"Magnus lives in a warehouse?" Clary asks.

"Not exactly" Jace responds."Warlock glamour."

"Someting's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close." Izzy tells us.

"Yeah, and it's too quiet. Something's going on." I inform.

"His protective wards must be down." Jace remarks.

"You two... Don't get in the way." Alec ordered Clary and me.

The nerves of this man to boss me around , who did he thought he was, I couldn't understand the change, an hour ago it was just me and him dancing and joking around but now, he's acting cold. He always ordered around Clary, but this was the first time he did it to me.
I didn't have time to reply due to someone grunting, we saw a man slice another man's neck with a blade.

"Oh, God! Valentine found Magnus!" Clary said as we all started to run in diferent directions to help as many people. Me and Alec we're walking down a hallway, and the rage that I felt from before came back to me and I stopped him by the arm.

"What? This is not the time." Alec said annoyed.

"Sophia is my dead mother's name." He's mouth fell open.

"How could you say those things Alec, you know more than anyone. I thought you trusted me like I trusted you but I guess not." I walked away without letting him utter a word and he followed after me. We stumbled upon a room, where Magnus was fighting a circle member. Like in the club Alec shot him an arrow, but this time in the ankle and Magnus delivered the final blow.

"I'm Magnus, I don't think we've been formally introduced." He tells us looking at Alec a little too long for my liking then at me.

"Alec." He presents himself.

"Emilia" I smile at Magnus and he returns it.

"Oh, uh... We should really... You know, probably get..." Alec stutters he was probably nervous of standing near the high warlock of Brooklin or he thought Magnus was handsome. I really hoped it wasn't the latter because even if I was mad at him I still wanted him for myself. I was already in competition with Jace who didn't look at him that way I didn't need another person try and steal him. Well I could hardly call it steal as he wasn't mine but still.

"Right, we should join the party." Magnus said seductively.

I coughed and they turned their attention to me. I started walking to «join the party» and they followed.