Chapter 15

"You sure the Seelies think Valentine killed their scouts?" Maryse asks as we walk out from the elevator and march in the Ops Center. Izzy and I had been reporting everything we had learn from our visit to Meliorn.

"Yes the Fair Folk is mourning their loss." I inform her.

"It's why they've broken off contact with the Clave. They're considering switch sides." Izzy explains.

"That's totally irrational." Maryse judges.

"It's self-preservation." Izzy defends and her mother turns around to look at her."They think Valentine can win. Seelies always want to be on the winning sides."

"Never trust a people who can't lie. They find much inventive ways to stab you in the back. I suppose you find that attractive."

Maryse looks at her daughter the glances at me and walks away. I take Izzy's hand in mine.

"The way she talks about the Seelies, it's the way someone speaks from experience.
And for her it looks like it was a bad one." I sigh, I position myself in front of her.

"But don't worry not all people are the same." I take her chin in my index finger so she looks at me. I was at leat 5 inches taller than her." Besides who doesn't like to play Romeo and Juliet." I wink and she smiles.

"Let's go eat, I'm starving." She says while dragging me to the kitchen.

*******

I was wandering in the hallways of the Institute when I saw Alec talking on the phone . I approach silently and he looks at me.

"You okay?, why do you need Emilia ?" Alec asks still on the phone.

"Put it on speaker." I whisper and he does a I say.

" It's fine, it's Magnus. He needs her powerful red energy, or something like that."

"Why does Magnus needs her?" Alec says.

"To help save Luke's life."

" Okay, we're coming." I speak.

He glares at me." No, I told you at the wolf den, no more Downworlder businesses. We can't be seen as interfering with a pack alpha dispute. How can you even ask me..."

"Alec I shouldn't have to ask you, Alec. We're parabatai."

"That's exactly my point."

"Alec, you're a man of honour, and the only person in the world I would trust with someone like this. I'm counting on you to do the right thing." Jace tells him and hangs up.

"Alec, I'm no Shadowhunter okay. Luke has already helped me more than once, I owe him." He doesn't say anything he just looks at me. I touch his cheeks with the palms of my hands and he leans on them.

"Like Jace said, you're a man of honour. This is the right thing to do and you know it, so you can either stay here and sulk all you want or... you could come with me and help me arrive there safely to save someone's life. Be ready, in a few hours, I'll come fetch you and if you still don't want to go. I'll leave you alone." I walk away.

*******

I got out of my room, so I can search for Alec and go but instead I see a Izzy running around.