Chapter 14

We got to Clary's apartment as fast as we could. Once in Clary's bedroom everything was burned.

"Where is she? Where's Clary?" Jace asked worried.

"She's gone" Alec said.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Izzy demands.

"She and Simon got arrested when I was securing the fire escape. I got distracted."

"The mundane was here?" Jace asked

"Simon?" Izzy questioned"He's gone too?"

"What was he doing here?" I was pissed. They took my two best friends.

"It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took her." Alec informed us.

"What did you do, Alec?" Jace was angry but he have to take it on Alec.

"Jace, you heard Alec, he was securing the fire escape because he thought there was a threat." Jace only glanced at me then left. Izzy looked at us both, took the bag that was on the bed, it looked like Clary's and followed Jace.

"Let's go." I told him and we left.

Once we were outside, Jace tried to track them down, but it didn't work. Izzy was calling the NYPD, to see if they really got arrested and I was standing beside her.
Jace and Alec were trying parabatai tracking but it didn't work too.
Izzy got off the phone and we walked closer to the guys.

"Juste like I thought. She wasn't arrested." Izzy stated.

"It was your job to look after her." Jace raised his voice.

"I did my best, Jace."

"Then maybe your mother was right, you best is just isn't good enough."

"Jace" Izzy and I shouted. He was going to far I had known Clary much longer than him and of course I was angry, but I knew that Alec was trying to protect Simon and Clary.

"Hey! Are you so blind by your feelings for Clary, you've lost sight of us? Clary snuck out. I went after her... to protect her. I did nothing you haven't done a thousand times before."

"Yes, you did. You lost her." Jace said

"Enough, both of you." Izzy interrupted.
Alec walked away.

"You should really stop before you say something you might regret. He already feels bad and you're not helping." I told Jace and sat in in the stairs far from the boys.

"Whoever took Clary and Simon must be holding them over a body of water. That's why our tracking rune won't work."

Suddenly I heard a phone ringing. "Clary left her phone in her backpack." Izzy says.

Before I can't take the backpack Jace beats me to it and grabs the phone, accepting the call.

"Hello?"

"Oh, I thought I'd never utter these words but thank God, it's you. It's me, Simon." Simon says sounding relieved.

"Where are you? Where's Clary?" Jace asks.

"I don't know. Some Chinese restaurant, I think? This cop Alaric arrested us..."

I didn't let him finish. " Alaric? You mean Luke's partner."

"Yeah, but it was a  total fake out. Him and his buddy, they took us...They took us to their hang out and then they told Clary that they'll kill her if they don't find the Cup."