Chapter 26

The guard walked me to my room, I knocked and when I heard a faint come in, I entered. The Inquisitor named Imogen was looking at a picture on my dresser, I approached her and recognised it. It was a family picture, my parents and I at the beach with ice cream all over faces, it had been one of the best days I had.

"I adopted your mother, when she was a teenager. She too lost her parent in a tragic fight when she was sixteen." She looked at me without any emotion, I had heard stories about the tragic death of her son and wife." She was a good sister to my dead son and his wife. I wanted to adopt you too but when I came to the hospital in Spain, I thought you were completely human, you didn't show any powers or shadowhunter gift. I think that's were you remember me from." I nodded.

"Your species is new compared to the shadowhunters, warlocks, seelie, etc. There have been only 4 generation, you're the fifth." She changed subject, I motioned for her to continue while I sat in my bed and she joined me.

"That's why nobody knows about what you are. You are part mundane part angel." She revealed and I gasped.

"But I'm not a Shadowhunter right?"

She chuckled without emotion again, I knew she was very hard and cold, because of a tragedy, but I was content that she was telling me my story.

"No you're not. It has been my family duty to learn your history and keep you a secret from the world, that's one of the reasons I adopted Sophia . Four hundred years ago, a big battle erupted between Shadowhunters and demons. We were losing greatly and the demons were multiplying. No one remained but a noble Shadowhunter named Classia Angelwitch. She kept fighting and fighting till she couldn't stand up. She thought she would die as one of the demons was going to cut her throat open with his claws, but she didn't."

She took a breath."The Greater Demon and one of the Princes of Hell Asmodeus appeared in front of her. He told her that he'd let her live, but at one condition, she would have to sacrifice someone . Her awfully sick father appeared in the battlefield, the man couldn't even walk or breath without help from machines, he was about to die, she hated the man, he would hurt her physically and mentally . When Asmodeous was about to stab him, she got in the way and got stabbed in his place. For her bravery, the angel Raziel descended from the sky, and he poured some of his blood in the Mortal Cul. He made her drink it and she became an Angelwitch. Someone who has incredible powers, they could be used for good and bad intentions. She became the White Witch as her powers were white. The Clave decided to name you of the color of your powers and keep it a secret as they didn't know the purpose of an Angelwitch."

"My mother told me anything about this." I informed

"Yes, maybe she thought the same as I did, you being totally human, it's rare but it happened before. Anyway this is the tricky part, there is only an Angelwitch in the world. Every time an Angelwitch dies, a new born baby girl from a family of Shadowhunters gets the power.
There hasn't been any of them who have been both. If you're chosen you can only be an Angelwitch."

"Wait, but I was 10 when, I got them. How is it possible?" My mom was supposed to be a Shadowhunter so I do come from a family of them, but I didn't get them when  I was a new born baby."

"Magnus informed me, you got scratched by a werewolf right?. You wouldn't have survived  the transition so maybe the angels decided that they wanted to give you a chance." I nodded.

"So every one of you has a different name. Like I said Cassia was the White Witch, the next one was the Emerald Witch , then The Azure Witch, your mother was the Amethyst Witch and you can be the Scarlet Witch." I nodded enthusiastically. "I've decided to reveal your existence to the Shadow World, now that we found you." She patted my back and I let go, knowing that maybe I was making her uncomfortable.