Chapter 10

I was reading when I heard a knock on my door.

"Hold on" I dropped my book and sprayed perfume on my neck and wrists. Then I opened the door.

" Izzy" I grin. As I look at her outfit. " God, you're sexy. All eyes will be on you Goddess of Distraction."

"Thank you, Em" She says as she grins back. "I say the same for you and...You left my brother speechless."

"Oh it's nothing" I say nonchalantly." It's your shoes who are rubbing on me your self-confidence. I.Love.Them thank you for letting me borrow them." I stare at them.

"Oh, you're welcome I have tons of them. You can't keep them if you want." She giggles as my eyes lit up.

"Of course I'm keeping them, I'm telling you girl." We hug each other then let go."Thank you"

We enter the glass training room where the weapons are and see Alec checking his arrows.

He looks at us as we approach him and Izzy takes one of his arrow in her hands while I look at him.

"Pick a weapon. I suggest your whip." He tells her in a bussines like manner.

"What's wrong with you?" She ask while we observe him strangely.

"Yeah, is there something wrong?" I say looking at both siblings.

"Nothing." He responded imediatly while taking his arrow from Izzy's hands while she sighs.

"We're going to a Downworlder's rave. You should be a little more exited." She walks to the stack of weapons.

"It's a mission, not a party."

"Yeah, whatever. Before Clary and Emilia got here, every day was the same."They looked at each other while I silently observed them . "Go on a mission, kill demons. Go on a mission, kill demons. At least now things are interesting."

"Interesting?" He asks in disbelief.  
"Valentine's alive and actively seeking the Cup. He threatens our entire world. And we're helping his daughter. Who, by the way, we have no reason to trust. And who showed up out of nowhere. "

"Hey! she has proven herself, she's not like that monster, okay and if you don't trust her, trust me. Did I ever give you a reason to not trust me?" For some reason he doesn't look at me, god I wish I could read his mind.

"On top of that, were gonna end up overpaying some warlock who may not have information we need. So no, Izzy... Emilia" He finaly looks at me." I don't find it interesting."

"Whoa! Feel better now?" Izzy asks.

"No, I don't" Izzy and I look at each other starting to smile. "Okay, maybe a little."

"You can't keep bottling things up, Alec." Izzy started.

"It's only a matter of time before they explode, I'm telling you from experience." We gaze at each other again.

"And not the fun kind of explode." Izzy jokes.

"Alright, let's go. And we're not going for the music." Alec walks away.

*******

Jace, Clary and I walk to a line were several people are wainting to enter the club.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?. Last time we were here, this place was crawling with vampires." Clary asks worried.

"Wait, what? Did I skip an episode? When we finish this mission you tell me all I missed." I tell her and she nods.

"Relax, all Downworlders hang out here." Jace reassured us. "We just came on vampire night."

"Right." She looks around."And when is all this gonna sound normal to me?" She questions.

"I don't know."

Alec comes from behind." All clear."

Izzy comes from the side, gets between me and Clary and she takes both our arms and looks at us both.

"Do you think red's my color?"

"Iz, with a body like yours, everything's you color." Clary states.

"I second that thought." I voice out.

"Good point. Damn, I make this necklace look so good."

"Will you take it off? I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange." Alec says annoyed.

Izzy smirks "You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels."

I really tried to not keep it inside, but I couldn't so I laughed and High-fived Izzy.

"Can you just give it to Jace?" Alec argues.

"You're such a buzzkill" She giggles.

She passes the necklace to Alec, who gives it to Jace.

We enter the place.

"Blend in, but keep your weapons ready." Jace commands.

He and Clary leave to find Magnus while I stay with the Lightwoods.

I move my head to the beat of the music they're playing to remain unnoticed.

"What are you doing?" Alec asks from behind me, we alredy lost Isabelle.

" Going unnoticed, just do the same." I take his hand and place it on my waist and I place mine in his neck. "This will do" He widens his eyes but he stays silent.

I close the gap a little and make him dance with me a little, the connection that had become a normal sensation was growing, I could feel it. There was this tingling sensation when we touched but I didn't take a step back, I wasn't sure if he felt them too but by the way he looked at one of his hands, I could say he did and I smiled. We looked around for any signs of Valentine's man, even if we were so entranced with each other or at least I was I couldn't forget that we were on a mission and not on a night out on a date.

"They found Magnus." Alec informs me.

"Where? I can't see them."

He spins me around so my back is against his chest and I see Clary, Jace, and the guy from the pictures, Magnus talk.

We continued to dance a little and we were having a good time when he spun me around again and that's when I saw a suspicious man aproaching the guys and Clary. I show him to Alec who prepared  his arrow. I let him do it as I couldn't use my powers in public, nobody could know, till I found out what I was. Some vampires alredy knew, I couldn't let more people know. But if I had to use them I'd be ready.

"Watch out" Me and Izzy shouted as Alec shot him in the chest.

Alec and I walked to the guy to check him. But Magnus stopped me.

"Sophia?" He asked and I froze, that was my mom's name.

I looked at him and when he saw my eyes he froze too. I looked a lot like my mother when she was my age, we had the same face and hair but my eyes were green like my dad's . He let me go looking even more surprised. He turned towards his portal.

"Magnus, wait!" Clary took him by the arm."You're my only hope."

" Valentine found us."He told her. He looked at us, me longer than the others.
" I warned your mother this might happen." And he just disappeared.

"The area's secure. Looks like he was the only assassin." Izzy informed.

"He has a Circle rune on the base of his neck." Alec reveals.

"They found us. It's not safe here. We have to go." Jace told us. We all started to walk away but Clary stood in the same place and Jace went to check up on her.