Chapter 8

" You better get ready" The raven haired girl says.

The familiar red mist appears in my hands. As the others prepared their weapons. When the vampires opened  the door, Izzy dragged the first one with her snake whip and she stabbed him with her seraph blade. While Alec threw one of his arrows at one and I trowed an energy ball to some vampire who hid.

"This is fun" Alec spoke.

"Keep coming, boys" Izzy said.

"We're waiting" I joked.

We finished fighting them and we entered the building. We walked into a living room and saw Jace with a lot of vampires fighting with him and Clary struggling against a vampire. I marched to her but Alec stopped me. He arranged his arrow.

"Okay" He smirked which might I add is so sexy .

And he shot on the wall next to the vampire. Sunlight peeked trough the hole and he turned into ashes. Clary took the seraph blade that was on the floor and killed a vampire while Jace did the same in a more profesional way and they looked at each other.

"I killed him" She told him.

"He was alredy dead" He remarked.

"He wanted to kill you. Remember that." Izzy chimmed in.

"She did great, right?" She looked at Jace.

"Of course she did! That's my girl" I tod them and she looked at me smiling.

"Yeah you did. You should be proud." Jace told her with a deep voice.

"Thanks, but... it's not about me. Let's go find Simon" She declared and we followed her as she walked in the front. We walked trough another salon and there was Simon with the vampire that kidnapped him in the City of Bones.

"Simon!" Clary shouted.

"Clary, that's not gonna do any good." Jace said taking her arm to stop her.

"Listen to him, Clary Fairchild, put it away." Talking about the weapons.

"I've had more than enough of your friend for one day." Now he was talikng about Simon" I'd love to cut his throat. Don't give me a reason." He was clearly annoyed.

"Put it away and you" He said looking at me " Don't use any of your powers or he's going down with me"

The shadowhunters all put away their weaponsand I placed my hand in front of me so he could see them.

" Simon...Simon are you all right?" Clary questioned.

"I wouldn't say all right..."

"Stop talking"the vampire told him exagereted. "Now... if you would all just follow me." He took little steps looking at us" Let's go"

I read his mind to make sure he wasn't leading us to a trap, once I saw his true intentions I nodded to the others and started walking first following him and they did the same. He lead us to stairs.

"Come on lets go, up here now!" He backed away and let us walk past him to a door ." That's right, get down there now! Get down there or I'll kill him right now!" He was getting nervous.

"Look, we're not gonna hurt you. We just want Simon." Clary tried to reassure him.

"I'm glad you do. We don't!. We wanted you."

" Well, here I am." Clary tried to lunch toward him but Jace stopped once again.

We were lead to a door and if he didn't change his plan, it was an exit to this hellhole.

"I said "wanted". Not my idea.  Now,get out! Go!"

"Not without Simon"

"Shut up! Open the door right now or I'll kill him right here."

"Listen to him" Jace told me.

"But Simon will die if..,"Clary starts.

I opened the door without second thought "He won't " And I exited from the building I could hear them shout. We were on the roof. I waited till everyone was out and closed the door.

Simon was trembling "Shouldn't we get the hell out of here?"

"Why, Simon?" Jace asked.

" They're right downstairs."

"Let them come after us. They'll just turn into a bunch of fried eggs out here. I thought you said you watch movies." He walked awayand climbed  the stairs with his team.
"Oh my god"Clary said "OMG, it's over. It's actually over."

Me and Clary hugged Simon and he returned the gesture.

"What did you do Simon? That guy was cursing at you in his head the whole time." I joked trying to lighten up the mood he laughed and hugged us tightly.

I walked away to let them have their moment of privacy while I may be their best friend, these too had an unbreakable bond that had been there since I had met them. I was the older one so I was like the mom or the big sister in the group and they were the twins I had to take care of.
I was lost in my thoughts looking over them when I heard Jace shout.

"Alec, stop" He looked at Clary " more calmly he repeated " Just stop "
Alec and I looked at each other

" I'm older than you, Jace, I'm not in your shadow "

Looks like Hodge talk did have some effect. I couldn't hear the last thing Jace told him but it must have hurt or something because he looked at me again before he turned his back on Jace and started walking the way Isabelle left before.

I decided to leave too, to go to my apartment and get my things. I asked Jace, Izzy and Alec beforehand the mission and they said that even if I had powers and all, it wasn't safe for me to go back there so I would let know my landlord and pack my belongings. Alec proposed to give me a room at the Institute which shocked, Jace and Izzy and I, because I was a mundane but he told us since he talked to the Clave about me they prefered to have me near them. I was happy but I knew that maybe the Clave would try to use me.