Part 4

Keith

Percy has been acting awkward ever since we got back home from camp. That I mean, he was pretty awkward already, even with me, just not as much, but he was even more so now. I have been trying to either get him back to normal or tell us why he was acting this way, but he is annoyingly evasive when he wants to be.

He was either nervous about something, or something had happened that he hadn't told me about, or both. At least, I thought it was both, anyways.

"What do you want to do about this?" Percy asked, jolting me from my thoughts. I turned to him, he was taking a break from wherever he was working on building and he gestured at the board that we had marked.

I shrugged, "I don't know, I caught a glance at some caves when we first found the place." I remembered, "Maybe we could check those out, and take some pictures while we're at it."

Percy smiled, "Cool, I'll grab the camera, while you start up your speeder." I nodded.

"Let's go!"

Minutes later we were speeding through the desert, me on the speeder and him running beside it. We weren't going fast by his standards by any means, only about 60 mph, but it was still fast enough that we could make it to the canyon in a few minutes.

When we arrived, Percy started taking pictures as I led him to one of the caves. It was insane. There were paintings and carvings and writings and glyphs of some kind. Most of the paintings were different, but every single one of them had a giant blue lion.

"This is crazy!" I said, "Percy do you recognize this language?"

"Do I recognize it? Yes, I do, but I can't read it and I don't remember where I've seen it."

"Hm, the glyphs we could figure out though right?" I asked,

"Of course, we could, but they look fairly complex. It might take a while." Percy was inspecting the glyphs, wiping away the dust that covered the cave wall. He snapped some pictures and we went on our way, to another cave.

"This one looks more or less the same" he pointed out. "In that case, we only need to take pictures and we can compare them at home."

"Sweet. Here, help me wipe this dust away." I said, and we started brushing away the dirt on the walls, taking pictures and moving on to the third and final cave we knew. We concluded that all of the carvings and imagery were incredibly similar. So we started doing the same as the last two.

As we were taking a picture I had a thought. "Have you had any flash-forwards about these caves?" Percy thought for a moment.

Still inspecting the paintings and wiping dust away he said, "Yeah, but I got cut off before I saw anything interesting." That was a lie and we both knew it, but I let him off easy. I remembered what he had told me once about his visions. "Time is fickle, Im not meant to spoil anything"

Time Skip

We spent the next few days in the canyon, looking for new caves and documenting all of the writings and symbols. We were pretty sure we'd discovered enough different symbols to be able to decipher it, but there isn't a way to know for sure. 

Percy had gotten started on it, each of the stories had one thing in common. They told a slightly different story about a blue lion, and they all pointed to some, Arrival, happening soon. Very soon. By comparing the schedule, it all lined up with the day the asteroid landed.

It was the weekend now, and the asteroid was supposed to land that night. Percy and I agreed that if there was a chance it was dangerous they were the only ones close enough to alert the gods. So we waited, back at the house. The asteroid was close enough to tell us that it wasn't going to land anywhere near us, but we made sure we were ready to leave at a moment's notice just in case.