Part 13

Percy

"Not too long ago, I duelled your father one on one," I told Lotor. Until now, only Shiro and Alura had spoken with the Galra Prince, and never one at a time. But, I insisted that I speak to him, to ask about 'important demigod stuff'. They had raised an eyebrow but agreed as long as they could watch on the security cameras. I knew they just didn't want Lotor to attempt to escape. The cameras didn't have microphones. I sighed and agreed.

"I remember. When I heard, I thought you had a death wish," Lotor said, "But you allegedly gave even my father a run for his money."

"While we were fighting," I continued, "Your father called me Aesir Spawn. Do you know what that means?" His eyes widened in recognition. "So you do know."

"Of all the things..." Lotor laughed. "Apparently, my father seems to think you are a demigod. Imagine that."

I raised up my hand and I began to vibrate, faster than what should be possible. That shut him up instantly. "How does your father know about the gods!" I demanded.

He bowed his head slightly. "Approximately 10000 years ago, not long before the creation of Voltron, a man in a cloak appeared in my father's court. He challenged my father's chief advisor to a battle of the mind. They took turns asking each other questions about how the world worked. The advisor was defeated by the man easily. Afterwards, the man turned to my father and warned him of a coming conflict. My father ignored him and said that nothing could stand against the Galra Empire. He turned the man away, but he reappeared two days later in a different city on the same planet. There was a flash, and in his place stood an armoured man with a staff and an eyepatch. 'Odin of the Aesir says you will pay for your insolence!' he roared. The city was completely destroyed by the next day."

"But how could he have recognized me if he only saw Odin?" I asked him.

"I apologize, demigod," He replied, "I do not know. The events of that story were before my time, I'm afraid." 

I thanked him and left without a word. 

Line Break

"Lotor," I called. we were on a desert planet to meet with a reformed Zarkon and attempt to exchange Lotor for Commander Holt. I knew what was going to happen, and everyone knew that I knew. 

"Yes, demigod?" 

I asked him to lean down so I could talk into his ear. "We're expecting your father to attempt to double-cross us," I whispered. "When Commander Holt walks past you, just... tap him on the shoulder, try and trip him up, do something to make sure he's not an illusion of some kind. If it's not really him, turn around and come back." The half-Galra raised an eyebrow but nodded. 

We watched as a Galra shuttle pod landed about 200 feet away. The back opened up to reveal two of Lotor's former generals, Zarkon, and a blank-faced Sam Holt. "Send us Commander Holt!" Shiro shouted. As the alleged Sam Holt began moving forwards, Lotor did the same. 

It took about 20 seconds for the two of them to stand next to each other. True to his word, Lotor gave the still blank-faced commander a small nudge. His elbow went right through the man's, no, Hologram's chest. The fake Sam flickered for a moment, before disappearing. Lotor tried to turn around, but a chain wrapped around his chest, pulling him towards Zarkon. "Surrender the lions" The emperor shouted, as the last, stong-looking general dragged out a much more emotional Sam Holt. I couldn't see his face, but he was trying to escape the general's grasp. Quite unsuccessfully as well. 

"No!" I heard Katie shout. "We had a deal!"

Matt was holding her back from charging Zarkon. "Shiro?" Matt said, "What should we do?"