Part 6

Pidge

I always considered myself to be a fairly good judge of character. Sure, I need my alone time, but I always know who I can trust and who I can't. But Percy Fucking Jackson had not ceased to confuse me since we met. He had secrets, that much was obvious. He seemed to be slightly younger than me. When it came up, he said gods, plural. He was obviously close with Keith, and they definitely trust each other. But, I could never get even a glimpse of his inner workings.

He had snapped at Coran, incredibly quickly. I had almost considered that to show a quick temper, but it was very easy to tell in hindsight that being attacked was a trigger for him. He was smart too, he had been the first to realize that going after the Red Lion right away was the only viable option, and he was planning on coming with us to get it.

Not to mention the Super Speed!

But, I brushed the concept of Percy Jackson from my mind, as Alura led us to a different room containing five pods with suits of armour inside, one for each paladin. The uniform for the green paladin was obviously built for someone much taller than me, but when I tried to put it on, it shrunk down so that it fits perfectly. Neat.

"Each paladin will also carry with them a weapon called a Bayard," Alura explained, "It will change shape to suit your needs, I hope you'll find it acceptable." As I grabbed the handle, a small, emerald-green blade appeared on the end of it. Lance tried to make fun of me for having 'A cute little bayard', so I poked him with it, and a jolt of electricity shot out of it.

"Yeah," I mocked, "It is pretty cute." I heard Percy laughing in the background. I looked over, only to find that he hadn't laughed at the joke, but Keith. His Bayard had turned into a long blade and had apparently tried to spar Percy, dagger vs. sword, only to be quickly bested. Interesting. We took a few minutes, to get used to the new weapons, until Sendak's fleet eventually arrived.

I boarded the Green Lion, along with Shiro, Keith and Percy, and waited for Lance and Hunk to gain the attention of the Galra. We were able to slowly sneak beneath the battleship and cut a hole through the bottom. We popped up inside long corridors bathed in purple light.

Shiro's eyes were wide, "I've been here before. When I was a prisoner, they held us here." I looked right at him.

"Do you think the rest of the crew are here?"

"Maybe, but we can't waste time looking for them."

"No! I won't" I said, "Sam Holt is my father."

"Sam Holt is your father?" Shiro asked shocked.

"Yes, my Dad and Brother were on the Kerberos Mission with you."

"Well, now I know we can't stop you," Keith muttered, "But leaving someone behind is a terrible idea."

"I'll go," Percy said immediately. "We'll find the prisoners and get out of dodge. But we won't be able to find you if you can't get the Red Lion."

"That's fine," Keith replied, "We'd be dead by then anyways."

Line Break

Percy and I ran through the long corridors. Every so often a set of robotic sentries would walk past us, and we would have to run to the side of the hallway, behind one of the various ridges in the wall.

" Percy," I suddenly said, "Why did you offer to come with me so quickly?"

He stopped and hid behind a ridge. There weren't any sentries coming, but he pulled me with him regardless. "Your family," He said simply.

"What?" Well, of course, that. But Why?

He looked down, "I know what it's like to be alone. I was alone for a long time."