Part 8

WARNING!! THERE IS A SMALL REFERENCE TO SEXUAL ASSAULT AND PEDOPHILIA IN THIS CHAPTER!! READ CAREFULLY!!

Pidge

We had just finished up in Olkarion and had successfully driven out the Galra fleet occupying the planet when it was time for Percy to get out of the Healing Pod.

The Pod finally opened, revealing a young speedster, with a brand new scar, dragging from his back to his neck. His eyes snapped open, and the room got a little warmer. He immediately collapsed forwards. "Great Gramps' Ghost!" He shouted. Keith was quick to catch him. "Keith? W-what happened?" He was rubbing his head.

Keith sighed, led Percy to the dining room and sat the two of them down. "Perce," he started, speaking softly. "How much do you remember?"

"I..." Percy was looking down, thinking. "I was fighting Zarkon. We were about to leave but... I froze." He looked ashamed, at first, but it changed to panic. He spared a glance at the rest of us and leaned into Keith's ear. I could hear some of it, but all I heard was 'he called me an-' before it cut out again.

"What?" Keith asked as Percy leaned back again. "How could he have known that?"

"I don't know." He replied, "My family doesn't tend to leave the planet too much." I thought Percy was an orphan, I was suspicious for a second, but I brushed it off, remembering my conversation with Keith.

It was then that Keith and Percy seemed to remember we were there. "Oh!" He tried to get up but fell back into his seat, to which Keith scolded him. "Hi..." he said.

Shiro chuckled, "Hey there kid," he said with a weak smile. "How are you holding up?"

He shrugged, only to wince in pain. 'He's still in pain then.' I thought to myself.

"I'm okay, I think," Percy said, "I'm alive, so that's a start. But there's something I should tell you, guys." Keith raised an eyebrow.

"Gonna spill our secrets, Perce?" He said sarcastically, but I could see there was a hint of genuine questioning in his voice. And worry too. Percy caught on as well. He nodded confidently and turned back to us, his expression serious.

"This doesn't leave the room. Clear?" I agreed immediately, as did Coran and Shiro. After a second, so did Hunk and Alura. Lance agreed after a stern look from Shiro.

"For all of your sakes, I didn't play the mind game, but that doesn't mean I can keep secrets." He took a deep breath and was about to continue before a mist appeared in the room. Keith rolled his eyes. "Here we go..." Percy muttered to himself.

Coran assured us that there was nothing wrong with the ship, and we watched curiously as the smoke gathered in front of them, and- It formed into the shape of a... a man?

He had an old-looking suit and he wore a bowler hat. "You don't have to tell them this, Perseus." I could hear the glare in the man's voice. I walked around to get a look at the man's face, he had unassuming features and a handlebar moustache. The glare he gave Percy was terrifying.

Percy looked at the man bored, but not making eye contact. "Everyone," he stared, "allow me to introduce you to Orville Wright, co-inventor of the world's first aircraft."

I probably squealed. I was so excited that in the moment I didn't even consider how Percy's brother died before my grandfather was born. "The Bishop's Boys are your brothers?" I asked him excitedly.

"Half-brothers." He corrected looking amused. "And yes, Brother, I do. I'm not so stupid that I don't know I nearly died a week ago. I won't let it happen again and have them think I am different than I was! I am still human!"