Part 30

Magnus

It had never been easier to sense divine intervention.

After my adventure with Hearth in Alfheim, and discovering the truth of the elf's childhood, including a grudge against Othala ᛟ, the rune of inheritance. We retrieved the Skofnung Stone, healed Blitzen(who had been stabbed in the gut by my uncle Randolf,) and got the heck out of dodge.

Hearthstone had looked exhausted, so Blitz had taken him to Nidavellir and Hearth's tanning bed for some rest, presumably for the two of them. I sighed, noticing it was now just me.

The primordial sever in the nine worlds had spat us out on a beach, in front of a beach cabin of some kind. In terms of hearing, I became aware of Sam and Amir in the middle of a heated discussion nearby. I saw Alex Fierro watching with something between an amused and bored expression on her- no, His face. The Child of Loki was now very obviously a boy. A few feet away was Halfborn. He and Alex kept a respectable distance from each other, but I could see them talking to each other. I walked over to the two of them.

"Hey guys," I greeted casually. "What are you both doing here?"

Alex gestured to Amir and Sam, who were speaking to each other. "They needed a chaperone in the form of a male relative," He explained, giving an exaggerated bow.

Halfborn continued in a deadpan tone, "And the thanes didn't trust the argr with a position of power."

Alex glared at him. "What have I told you about that word?" He demanded, "I will decide what's manly, unmanly, womanly, or unwomanly for me. Thanks."

Sam walked over, Amir right behind her. The poor guy looked like he could pass out at any second. "Magnus," Sam said. "How'd it go in Alfheim?"

I thought it over, "We completed our goal," I said cryptically. "What's next?"

"We have to find Heimdall," She explained confidently. "To find him, we need to find the Bifrost."

"The Bifrost?" I asked, "Like rainbow bridge to Asgard?"

"Yes," Amir looked like his head was about to explode. "Luckily," Sam continued, "We know where to find that."

"Really? Is that why we're," I looked around, only finding the same cabin. "Wherever we are?"

Halfborn shook his head. "The Bifrost is in Boston," he said. "This is just where Odin's ravens told us to meet."

I sighed, pointing to the cabin. "Think it has anything to do with that?"

"Seems likely."

We walked up to the door of the cabin. As we got closer, the first thing I noticed was the Othala ᛟ rune painted on the door. I was

Abandoning all caution, Alex waltzed up and knocked on the door. After a few seconds, the door swung open, revealing a bleary-eyed girl with a long, dirty-blonde ponytail and an oversized sweater that I had seen someone wear before. "Hello," She greeted looking at Alex, clearly too tired to notice anyone else. I couldn't blame her, it was before dawn. I guess I forgot to mention that.

I stepped in. "Hey there," I said. "Everyone, this is Katie 'Pidge' Holt, Percy's girlfriend."

"Hey Magnus," Katie said, also waving weakly at Amir. "Come in, everyone. Please."

I walked in, kicking off my shoes as I did so. There was a couch on the wall, facing a TV. To the left of that was a desk and then a kitchen. The small size surprised me slightly. Living in Valhalla, I had gotten used to large living spaces. I know, strange words coming from a street kid, but I had assumed Percy would want something larger. There was a door which I guessed led to a bedroom, and another one(slightly ajar) in which a bathroom was visible.