Chapter 26

When Aiden brought me back to reality, which wasn't as harsh as my mind had made it out to be, we sat on the dried out grass on the side of the highway and just talked

When Aiden brought me back to reality, which wasn't as harsh as my mind had made it out to be, we sat on the dried out grass on the side of the highway and just talked. I told him everything while he was holding my hand tightly in his; that it wasn't the first panic attack in two years and that the nightmares were back as well.

If he felt disappointed in me for not telling him earlier, he didn't show it. Instead, Aiden assured me that he would be with me through everything. By everything, he meant therapy. I was hesitant on starting my therapy sessions again, but after some thinking I made my decision, even if it might've took me a whole week to do so. But here I am walking out of my therapist's office. Out of my first therapy session after two whole years of not going.

After our talk, we decided on going back to Aiden's place to eat dinner and spend the rest of the afternoon. Our shopping spirit was understandably gone after the whole ordeal and Aiden's knuckles needed to get cleaned up immediately if he wanted to avoid an infection.

I suppose that Jason's face got pretty messed up, because he didn't show up for the rest of the week and neither did he show up today, a week after he got beaten up.

As expected Aiden got away with it and I found out that money can do wonders. Turns out my brothers paid the cops to arrest Jason after he assaulted me, without me having to make an official statement against him. That got of on his record which caused him to lose the football scholarship to UTK.

I know I shouldn't, but I almost felt bad for him. Almost. I knew how much he wanted the scholarship and how hard he had worked for it and that was probably the reason why I felt that way.

But it served him right.

The fight was obviously the hot topic of the week. Along with Taylor Willer's new hairstyle. The attention that girl gets is like the attention the Jordyn-Tristan-Khloe topic had gotten.

Luckily these two topics were talked amongst everyone on the senior and junior wing, so that made the chances of Parker or Ashton finding out about it less to none existent.

Zach was also sick at home and on bed arrest for the whole week and with him missing school, probably meant that he missed all of the hot gossip.

It was the first time I didn't feel bad for him being sick. But then I felt bad because I didn't feel bad.

But even if he did hear about it, I doubt he would figure out that Aiden was in fact Aiden, as in our older brothers' best friend.

Everyone gossiping about what happened thought that Aiden was one of my older brothers. They even referred him as 'Avery's older brother.' Some of the more socially involved girls even came up to me and asked something along the lines of, 'can you give me your hot brother's phone number?' or 'is your hot brother single?'

To say it pissed me off is an understatement. I couldn't exactly tell them that my supposed brother is my boyfriend so it earned me many disappointed pouts when the only answer they got was that the guy who fought Jason was getting married in June.