Chapter 32

"Welcome don De Rossi, miss, Marchetti," a man clad in a black tux nods respectfully and leads us down a large staircase

"Welcome don De Rossi, miss, Marchetti," a man clad in a black tux nods respectfully and leads us down a large staircase. The lighting is limited, dark red colors each of the walls and a matching maroon carpet with golden details lies on the stairs.

Aiden's arm has a tight hold around mine, our bodies touching as we make our way into what seem to be a club. A strip club.

My heart beats faster than before and a knot forms in my chest. I hate to admit it, mainly because this new, possessive side of me has been well hidden from the world, as well as myself for the past eighteen years of my life, but jealously flames through me as I watch the beautiful girls, in minimal or none clothing at all dance sensually around the shiny poles. I would never admit it aloud but I don't like the idea of Aiden seeing other girls other than me in a seductive way. Such as this one.

Though, I don't let my insecurity show. I'm sure that this isn't the first time he's at a place like this. That still doesn't mean that it doesn't bother me though. I fight the strong urge to curl my fists, despite him not looking around.

"Don't leave my side once." Aiden leans into my ear, luckily cutting my thoughts off. When I nod my head, he presses a discreet kiss behind it and leads me further into the place.

My cheeks flame and my skin shivers from the action, as I look around the club. The scent of his aroma slowly drifts away from my senses, now overtaken by the strong smell of what I assume is burnt weed and thick cologne.

Leather couches stand against the dark walls, occupied by a few men and women. They're clad much the same as us, in long, extravagant gowns and fancy suits. All of them are drinking something alcoholic I assume. Some hold conversations with their companions while others enjoy the dancers before them. They seem powerful.

Aiden stops in front of a secluded sitting area and the guard in front nods before lifting the red velvet rope around it, letting us in. Xavier sits comfortably against the leather couch while holding a friendly conversation with one of the two men he's sitting with.

He looks young, around my brother's age with Mediterranean characteristics, the other guy, who seems to be too entranced at the girl dancing on his lap to care about anything happening around him, looks like an older version of the guy my brother is talking too.

Their conversation comes to a pause when they see us walking closer to the couches they're all sitting on. "Avery, I would like you to meet, Giovanni, a good partner and friend of ours, Vanni, this is my little sister, Avery." Xav introduces. "Hello," I greet with an awkward smile and take a seat on Xavier's left.

They seem close. I'm honestly surprised I haven't met him before.

"Ciao! I have heard so much about you!" He holds his hand out for me to shake which I do. His eyes run over my body, not in a perverted kind of way, but as if he's observing me.