Chapter 10

"...and then Aiden came with Joey." I mumble and look through my lashes for everyone's reaction. My older brothers were here when I came downstairs, hugging me and demanding me to tell them what happened. That's what I did.

All of them are having blank faces on as they look at me, Aiden does to, but when I meet his eyes, he looks away and clenches his fists tighter. He's been like this since I came down to the kitchen. Distant. He won't even look at me. He wasn't beside me when I woke up either.

He might be regretting sleeping on the same bed as me. I was hoping he wouldn't. I know I don't.

"It wasn't your fault." Hunter says, I lift my head. "But I lied and went to his place." I avert my gaze to Aiden's wooden floor again.

"But you didn't know what he would do." Tristan responds grimly. He's never like this. He's always the poker face, never expressing any feelings, so seeing him like this makes me feel sadder than I already am.

"He's right." Xavier wraps his arms around me. "I'll never let anyone hurt you again." He promises. I nod against his chest and hug him tighter.

I'm grateful for them. All of them. Aiden too. Oh god.

.......

It's been three days and I've been home both of them. Well, by home I don't mean the whole place, I mean my room. I've had some time with me and my thoughts-like Mrs. Scott, my therapist used to say when we had therapy together. I wasn't on the mood of facing my father, the guys didn't tell him about what happened, just like I asked. He would probably want to play a father if he new. Yes, play. Every fatherly thing he does is an act. And I wasn't in the mood for watching an act.

I've come to realise that what I felt for Jason wasn't love, I already suspected that a while ago but there's a difference between suspecting and realising. I was never in love with him. I've had strong feelings? Yes. I loved him? No. Love isn't what I felt for him. My feelings were strong, they were feelings I've never felt before but I know that they weren't love. If what I felt was so called love, I wouldn't even been thinking about how Aiden is the defenition of tall, dark and handsome, I wouldn't even think about being with other guys and I wouldn't have cheated on him. Ever.

The guys suggested I went back to Mrs. Scott, but I refused. I already feel better, well that's what I would like to think.

Aiden's still distant, not that I've seen much of him anyways but the two times I went to the kitchen I search if food and he was there, he looked away as soon as our eyes met.

"Ashton! We'll be late! Hurry up!" Xavier shouts from beside me. I tilt my bowl and drink whatever milk is left. I cringe at the sugary taste.

"Coming!" He shouts back and seconds later he's by the fridge.

"Why are you taking him to school?" Tristan asks walking in, only in a pair of black boxers. Not a beautiful sight, if you ask me.

"Put some pants on!" I snap at him, slapping both of my hands over my eyes.

"You've seen me like this before, geez." He says. I can hear the smirk in his voice.

"Don't you think u know that? I have nightmares about-" I pull one hand away from my face and point it at him, up and down. "this." I fake a shiver.

"I would be having dreams, if I saw my body. I would fantasise even." He sighs dreamily.

I open my eyes and glare at Xav as if to tell him to shut Tristan up.