Chapter 11

I push him away, making him stumble back

I push him away, making him stumble back."Why would you do that?" I whisper quietly, my voice sounding weak. He makes me weak.

"What kiss you? Well, just a reminder, you kissed me back." He shrugs. His lips are kind of swollen. I bite my own.

"Just because I kissed you back doesn't mean you can kiss me whenever you feel like it Aiden." I remind him, both of my eyebrow lifting.

He takes a step forward, making the much needed distance between us smaller. He balls his fists and takes a deep breath, making my heart pump faster than it already was.

"I can't help myself. You make me want to kiss you. It wasn't my intention to kiss you at the party, Avery, but when I saw you with Jared-"

"Jason," I correct him looking down. When did we get grey stones on the sides?

"Whatever the fuck his name is, I lost it. I can't see you with anyone else. I don't want to see you with anyone else."

"Which means?" I ask, my eyebrows scrunching in confusion. He either sucjs at talking or I'm dumb.

"You still don't get it? I kissed you two times and you don't understand that I want you?" He says louldy, taking a step froward.

"These kisses didn't mean anything to you?" He asks a little above a whisper, his voice sounding hurt. Yes they did. "No, they didn't, so if you're trying to make a point here, please try harder because I really don't get what you're trying to say!" I raise my voice and mentally slap myself. Why did I just say that?

He laughs humorlessly, tilting his head back a little. He takes a step closer to me and then his face turns serious."So you mean you didn't think of me after I kissed you the first time? At your party?" He asks and I gulp, taking a step back. "No," I manage out after a moment, shaking my head.

If Summer was here right now, she would probably beat my butt and tell me to grow some balls and tell him how I really feel. But I'm doing this for myself. I don't want to get hurt again. I'm not saying that Aiden would do something like Jason did, but he could hurt me, still. He's older than me, he's handsome he could get every other girl. I'm sure there are plenty more beutiful girls than me.

"So you didn't think of me when you kissed him?" Another step. I take a step back and look down. "Why are you doing this, leave me alone I got to go. " I say quietky, still looking down.

"Answer me!" He raises his voice and takes another step toward me and I take another step back. "No, I didn't." I finally say.

He lifts my chin up so our eyes meet. He looks hot when he's angry. "Say it now, look me in the eyes and say that you didn't think of me after I kissed you and I'll leave yiu alone." He says and I swallow hard. We look into each others eyes as I try to find my voice to say those two words, but I can't. I can't look him in those beautiful, big eyes and lie. Why am I doing this to myself, it's two words. I need to tell him I didn't. I need to keep my promise. No boys, only school and friends. I don't want to get hurt agai-