Chapter 28

I keep walking to the dance floor with Aiden behind me

I keep walking to the dance floor with Aiden behind me. The alcohol consuming almost every part of my body has me swaying softly and my eyes closing from time to time.

The booming music sends vibrations through me, my heart thumping with the beat. Arms wrap around my waist and I'm pressed against Aiden's front. He grinds himself on me and I do the same, rolling my hips with his. The bodies of the dancing, drunk people littering the dance floor, bump into ours as we dance to the sensual music.

He hands me the drink in his hand but I shake my head no. I know what awaits me in the morning already; a headache that will for sure get worse if I have another drink.

"I'm..." I trail off and giggle softly sinking further into his chest. My eyes closed.

"I am so sleepy Aiden, I want to go home and sleep." I shout over the music, my hips never stopping their movements. I feel him grow hard behind me but a weird feeling I can't quite make out consumes me.

"Take me home, Aiden." I repeat honestly, running my hand through his hair, noticing how it's become shorter than last time I felt it when we sat.

"Aiden, did you cut your hair? I didn't notice." I giggle loudly my head falling back where his shoulder and neck meet.

"My name is Arsenio, pasticcino." A noticeably lighter voice whispers in my ear. It takes me a moment to realise that the voice speaking to me doesn't belong to Aiden. There is no roughness, no huskiness, no gentleness in his whisper.
(Sweet pastry)

My eyes fly open and meet with Aiden's emerald ones immediately. The real Aiden this time. My Aiden, who's standing in the distance of twenty feet in front of me and the unknown male I had mistaken for him. The sleepiness overtaking my body a second ago now long gone. I sober up, not completely but at least a little. Just enough to know that I've fucked up. Everything.

The way he speaks has been rubbing off on me. My subconscious chime in.

I rip myself away from the guy and stumble backwards, fear clear in my eyes as I turn around to look at who I'd be dancing with all this time. My clouded mind only registers the blue looking hair, because of the lights above and the tall physique.

"Come back pasticcino." He reaches for me but I stumble back once again. This time bumping into the hard chest I'm certain belongs to Aiden.

He glances at me with hard eyes, his jaw clenched tightly as he stalks toward the stranger and swings his fist to his face. The noticeably shorter than Aiden, but still tall guy, stumbles back and looks at Aiden with wide eyes.

"Che cazzo!?" He exclaims before Aiden's other fist connects with his cheekbone.
(What the fuck!?)

The guy falls to his back and a crowd forms around them as Aiden's large figure straddles the guy's legs as he continues to punch him harder each time, mumbling curse words and low, threatening sentences in Italian.