22

tom

        God. What if she hates me? I shake my head. I shouldn't think like that- ugh. I must seem like a total player to her or something. I hope that she'll go out with me. I tug at my sleeve, and park in front of her house. Here goes nothing . . .

        I get out of my car, and walk to the door. I take a deep breath, and knock. Of course, Leah answers the door. My luck. "Oh, hi Tom." she says simply.

        "Can you get Erin, please?" I ask nervously. As if this couldn't get any more embarassing. 

        She nods. "Sure- ERIN! COME HERE!" I hear footsteps down the stairs, and Erin appears. I smile slightly just at the sight of her.

        "Tom wants to talk to you." Leah says. Erin comes to the door, Leah watching us. "What?" she asks.

        "Can we talk? Outside?" I ask, as Leah's presence was bothering me.

        She shrugs, and walks outside, shutting the door behind her. "So, what do you want to talk to me about?"

        I scratch the back of my head, and feel a bit of sweat. Oh god. Tom, just get it overwith. "I was thinking . . ." I trail off.

        "Okay . . . About what?"

        Take a guess! I let out a deep sigh. "I was thinking that we should . . . You know . . . Go out? On a date that you would actually, I don't know, like?" I say, and look down.

        She lifts up my chin with a finger, so we were making eye contact. "Tom . . . I-"

-----

cliffhanger. get rekt.