Chapter Sixteen

Paige-

"You were... Skyping Caesar?" Chloe asked with a confused tone.

I sighed and nodded. "Uh, yeah. We've gone out on a few dates recently and he wanted to video chat while he's in Florida to visit his grandparents."

I felt my cheeks growing warm as Chloe stared at the laptop screen in front of her. I grabbed the computer and shut it. There was nothing wrong with us video chatting, and I was feeling very nervous about the apalled look on her face.

A grin slowly spread across her face. "Why didn't you tell me you were getting with Caesar?! This is big news!" She shrieked.

I sighed in relief. "You aren't mad?"

Chloe shook her head. "Of course not! Caige's ship is totally sailing."

I giggled and pulled out my phone, logging onto my Twitter that I had made a few weeks ago. "Actually, the fans have been calling it 'Paesar'. See the hashtag?"

Chloe's jaw dropped. "Am I hearing correctly? Little Paigey has fans? You're moving up on the coolness radar!"

I giggled as I elbowed her side. "Hey! I'm cool!"

Chloe shook her head. "Whatever you say, Paigey," she giggled. "Anyways, I need to talk to you about something."

I felt a pit in my stomach. Was she dating Josh? Last time a friend of mine dated Josh 3 years ago, they broke up and I never talked to the friend again because of the awkwardness of the break up. I knew Chloe and Josh had been flirting lately, but I really hoped Cosh didn't become a thing. I couldn't risk my friendship with Chloe.

Chloe pulled her leg underneath herself. "My parents are home. They're here til sometime in January, actually," she sighed. "And they asked me if I wanted to move to New York with them. They have some business there or something, and they want to spend 'family time' together... but I don't know what to do."

"Do you like New York?" I asked.

"Of course!" Chloe said. "But I don't want to leave... And I don't know what to do!"

"I don't know either..." I said. The room fell silent. Neither one of us knew what to say.

But the thing is, I did know. I had a few acquaintances when I was in high school, but other than that I was alone. When I began modeling I was more alone than ever. Turns out all models only care about is their photoshoot, not making friends. So when I met Chloe, my world turned around. She made me feel happy for once. Maybe she didn't accept me when we first met, but now she was the best thing that happened to me, and I really didn't want her to go.

"Well, I gotta go." Chloe said, standing up to gather all her things. "My parents wanted me to talk to them about moving and stuff."

"Okay," I stood up and wrapped my arms around her in a hug. "See ya later."

Chloe smiled. "Bye!" She hurried out of my room and after a few seconds, the front door opened and closed.

I sighed and collapsed on my bed. Did I want Chloe to leave? I didn't want to hold her back, but she was my best friend.

I had a lot of thinking to do.

-

this is really short and i'm sorry, but i just wanted to update.

anyways, can you guys please go read 'drowning'? it's the sequel to my story letters to you and i'm so excited for it, so please go read it! also i recently posted a new story called 'good girls'.

comment and vote for more!