Chapter Four

Chloe-

"She... pushed you in the pool?" Caesar asked, clearly confused about the situation.

I licked the whipped cream off the top of my Starbucks drink, sticking a straw into the cup. "Yep."

"That just doesn't seem right, Chlo. Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded once again. "Caesar, have you seen the magazines? There's candids of it. Candids! How can you not believe she pushed me?!"

He sighed. "Chloe, I know you're my best friend... But Paige doesn't seem like she would push anyone into the pool."

My jaw dropped. "Are you calling me a liar?!"

He sighed, taking a sip of his tea.

I stood up, grabbing my purse and drink. "Chloe." He sighed.

I turned to look at him. "Call me when you actually believe your best friend," I snapped, turning to walk down the street to my car. My car was lined up somewhere.

I continued to walk, trying to find my silver Porsche. I noticed I was almost near a turn, which I know I didn't park by.

I turned around, looking down the street. Then I realized: My car was parked on the other side of the street.

I groaned. I couldn't pass Caesar. I couldn't just storm off and then re-pass because I went on the wrong side. It made me seem weak, and I am not weak.

I looked around before heading into a small boutique that was practically empty besides the workers and a teenage girl checking out cheap rings.

I headed towards a small rack set up on a table that had leather bracelets with different brackets pinned on. I picked up a brown one, examining it.

It was brown leather, braided until it was connected by brown string. A fake gold clasp that had "KH" carved into it connected it.

I put it on my wrist, examining it. I had never really been into a boutique, and I don't think I owned anything from one. Mom always told me they were cheap and ugly, so I never bothered to go in one.

I took it off but kept it in my hand, deciding on buying it. I went through the others, deciding on another one exactly like the brown one, but in dark purple leather.

As I headed over to the rings, a woman with short brown hair came out from the back, smiling at me. "Hello! Welcome to Kelly's Boutique. How may I help you today?" The woman asked.

"I'm just looking," I said politely. She nodded, walking over to a purse rack that she began to order.

I pulled out a silver infinite ring, sliding it onto my finger. I examined it before pulling it off. It was too tight, and I was pretty sure I had an infinite ring anyways.

Suddenly a phone began to ring. Kelly rushed behind the desk before answering the phone. "Hello?"

I walked over to the headbands and bows and began to look at them. "Paige, you were supposed to be here 15 minutes ago. Where are you?!" Kelly asked.

She paused before speaking again. "Well tell Josh to drive you."

I wrinkled my nose. I did not want to hear Paige or Josh's name.

"He's what?!" She exclaimed.

I picked up a sky blue bow, holding it up next to my hair. It was pretty, so I decided to get it.

"Okay... Yes, I'll excuse you," she sighed. "Okay, bye."

I finally decided on another bubblegum pink bow before heading over to the counter. I put my bows and bracelets on the table, waiting for the lady to ring them up.

I looked at the scarves, running my hand over the soft fabric. I didn't wear scarves very often, but this was cute. Well, besides the ugly purple color.

"Do you have this scarf in blue?" I asked. The woman rung up my things, stuffing them into one of the paper bags.

The woman nodded. "One second. Let me check the back."

The woman headed to the back of the store to search for the scarf. While I waited, I played with one of the plastic yoyos, trying not to twist up the string.

After a few minutes, the bell rung, making me turn around. I was face to face with Paige.

"Mom! I'm here!" She called, she began to go to the back, but she suddenly froze when she saw me staring at her.

"Oh, that's great!" She called. She came out, clutching the light blue scarf. She handed it to me.

Paige continued to stare at me as I examined the scarf. I quickly handed it back. "Please ring this up- quickly."

The woman nodded and rung up the item, putting it in the back with the other items. "Thank you! Have a nice day!" I said to Paige's mother, grabbing my bag before turning around to leave.

Paige grabbed my hand before looking over at her mother. "Mom, do you mind if I go down the street to the cafe? I need to talk to her."

The woman furrowed her eyebrows. "You know her?"

"Yes! Please, mom," Paige pleaded, continuing to keep her hand wrapped around my wrist.

She sighed. "Fine. Go! But be back soon."

Paige nodded, yanking me across the store to the door. She pushed open the door, leading me outside, walking me down the street.

"I don't want to talk," I grumbled. Paige pushed open the door to a small cafe, leading me to a small booth in the corner.

She shoved me into one of the cushioned seats, plopping down in the one across from me. "So?" I asked.

Paige sighed. "Listen... I'm really sorry for pushing you into the pool and ruining your designer dress," she apologized. "I just really want you to stop ignoring me. I liked talking to you."

I smiled. "Really? You like talking to me?" I asked.

Paige smiled and nodded. "Of course! You're so funny."

I smiled. "Thanks... I'm sorry too."

"For what?" She asked.

"I shouldn't have been mad. I have tons of dresses. And anyways, I shouldn't have wore an expensive dress to the pool. That's dumb," I laughed.

Paige giggled. "Yeah. So, truce?" She asked, holding out her pinky.

I nodded, linking pinkies with her. We locked pinkies, smiling widely at each other.

We were alright.

•-•-

I'm sorry if this has mistakes! I wrote this on mobile, which apparently doesn't tell you when you spell something wrong..

Anyways, I'll try to update once a week for now on! Vote and comment!

-Abby