Chapter Twelve

warning: unedited

Chloe-

After I had stormed out of the restaurant, I sat on a bench and waited. I didn't really want to talk to Mom or Dad, but I was kind of hoping that maybe they would come out and talk to me.

Nothing.

I waited for about 15 minutes until I realized they didn't care that I got upset. I sighed and began to walk.

French's, which was the local French food restaurant, was only about 20 minutes away from my house, and I needed a walk to clear my mind anyways. I hadn't had a time to think with everything going on- the movie, Paige and Mr. Tabith, Josh, and now my parents adding to the mix.

I sighed as I continued to walk down the sidewalk. I had pulled out my sunglasses from my purse and was walking when I heard somebody call my name. "Hey! Lukasiak!"

I sucked in a breath. Please don't be the paparazzis, please don't be paparazzis... I thought. I turned to see Josh hanging out the window of his junky old car with a boy sitting in the front next to him.

I smiled and wiped under my eyes. "Josh!" I smiled.

He grinned at me. "What are you doing walking along the road? It's 60 degrees. You shouldn't be walking alone."

"I was just, uh, walking home from a restaurant." I said. I felt my cheeks growing warm. He was so cute and I just wanted to kiss him.

He patted the side of his car. "Get in."

"What?"

"I said, get in." He said. "I'll drive you home."

"But you're with your friend. I'm not going to make you drive me home when you're hanging out with your friend.." I said quietly. Truth is, I desperately wanted to go somewhere with Josh, but I didn't want to be rude and just get in the car.

"Ah, it's fine. We're driving to the pizza place nearby anyways. That's near your place, right?" He asked.

"Yeah.."

"C'mon, Chlo. I don't want to let you just walk home by yourself.

I bit my lip. "I guess I could..." I went to open the backseat door but Josh immediately stopped me.

"I'll make Cole sit in the back." He said. He turned to his friend who groaned and hopped out of the front seat and into the back.

I walked around the front and slid into the passenger seat, and after we had all buckled up, Josh began to drive.

"Why do I have to sit in the back?" Cole whined. I recognized him from when I went to the pool with Josh, but he wasn't as cute as I thought he was before. Josh looked sweet and cute, while Cole looked cold-hearted.

"Because, I'm not making her sit in the back," Josh said. "Do you even have manners?"

"Who cares? I want pizza." He said angrily.

"You know, if you're busy you can just drop me off here..." I said quietly. "I don't want to interrupt what you're doing.."

"Wait! I have an idea," Josh grinned. "Why don't you come with us? The pizza place is really cool. You should come."

I shook my head. "No."

"Yes!" Cole smirked. His eyes were green, but they weren't bright and welcoming. They were dark and cold, and his raven hair made him look even more scary.

"Uh, okay. I guess I'll go.." I said.

"Great! The place has an arcade and karaoke bar and a dance floor. It's so cool." Josh grinned.