Chapter Fourteen

Paige-

I was standing in front of my mirror, trying to straighten my thick hair. Caesar was picking me up in a few minutes and I really wanted to look nice. I didn't know if he was considering it a date or not, but I still wanted to look nice. Caesar was cute and I didn't want to look bad compared to him.

I had added mascara and lipgloss instead of my usual no-makeup look, and was wearing a pale blue sweater with jeans and tan booties. My hair had decided to not cooperate though, and was a curly mess.

caesar!!: im here. pls hurry your sister is on the driveway too

I rolled my eyes and quickly shoved my phone into my pocket. I threw my hair into a messy bun and ran out to the driveway, where sure enough, Brooke was sitting on top of Caesar's car.

"Brooke!" I sighed. I shoved her off, making her fall onto the driveway.

She glared and climbed back up to her feet. "I was just trying to keep Caesar company!" She pouted. She flipped her brunette hair over her shoulder and waved at Caesar before strutting into the house.

I sighed as I slid into the passenger seat of his car. "Sorry about my sister. She thinks she has to act like some cliche popular girl 24/7."

Caesar laughed. "It's fine."

Oh, shoot. What if he likes Brooke better? I knew I should've wore her clothes. That's the reason why he doesn't like me- I don't look like Brooke. She's so much prettier and cooler and-

"Paige?" Caesar asked.

"Oh, sorry." I said quickly. "Can you say that again?"

A smile crept onto his face. "I said, How are you?"

I felt my cheeks grow warm. "I-I'm great. What about you?"

"I'm great too," He said. "I really hope you like this place. I used to take Tori here and she hated it, but I lo-" He stopped. "Uh, sorry."

"It's fine." I said. "I'm really excited too. Diner's usually have good food."

Caesar laughed. "Yeah, I know. Chloe doesn't like it either. I brought her here a few months ago and she hated it because it wasn't fancy enough for her."

He pulled into the parking lot to Big Mama's Diner, which looked really similar to Steak N' Shake.

"This looks nice." I laughed. "Big Mama's!"

Caesar laughed. "Yeah, it has a funny name. But it's a great place." He pulled the keys out of the car and I began to get out of the car, but he quickly stopped me. "Ah, ah, ah! Let me be a gentleman."

He jumped out of the car and ran around to the passenger's side, pulling it open. He stood to the side and held out his hand. "M'lady?" He said in a British accent.

I giggled as I stepped out of the car. "Thank you." I said in a polite British accent.

He shut the door and locked arms with me as he led me to the diner door. The diner was very old-timey looking, but it looked fresh and new like it had just been decorated.

A waitress led us to the booth in the corner, where we sat across from each other. The diner had a few other couples and families, but it wasn't very busy besides that.

"What's the best food here?" I asked Caesar as I scanned the menu. The place served breakfast all day, and it was currently 11 o'clock, but I still wanted breakfast.

"Hmm.." He said. "Well, their pancakes are amazing. They have fruit and whipped cream and it's really good. And- ooh! I'm getting strawberry pie. Do you like strawberry pie?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it's really good."

He nodded in return. "I'm going to get chicken and waffles with strawberry pie." He closed his menu. "What are you getting?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes and hashbrows," I replied. "Oh my gosh, I want to order everything on the menu."

Caesar laughed. "I know. All the food sounds so good."

A waitress came and ordered our food (Ceasar changed to a waffle burger and french fries with pie), and left us alone once again.

"So..." I sighed. "I have a question."

Ceasar still remained smiling. His teeth were perfectly straight and oh my gosh, his smile was so perfect. "Ask away."

"Okay... So, when I first met Chloe she was really... uh, bitchy. She was really rude and stuff, and then she turned nice," I began. "But she's turned into her old self again. I just wanted to know if you knew why she was so.. bipolar, I guess."

Caesar's smile faded and he began to play with his fingers. "I shouldn't be the one to tell you this. But Chloe had a lot of problems before... She still has some of them now, actually. Just support her, I guess. She's going through some tough stuff- She always has been."

"Oh." I said quietly. How did Chloe have problems? She was the definition of perfect. Rich parents, tons of friends, famous. What was there to be bad?

The waitress arrived with our food, setting it out on the table before leaving us alone. I immediately dug into my chocolate pancakes, which had warm chocolate with whipped cream. They were surely the best pancakes I ever had.

"Oh my god," I said through a moutful of pancakes. "This is amazing."

Caesar nodded as he ate his waffle burger. It seemed disgusting to me, but whatever floats his boat, I guess.

We ate in silence until we had both finished our meals, and went to start the pie. I was feeling stuffed by then, but the smell of the fresh pie was too tempting.

"Do you want a slice?" Caesar asked as he held up the pie cutter.

Paige nodded. "Yes!"

Caesar handed me a plate with a small slice of pie on it, while he cut himself a huge piece. I didn't know how we was eating so much. If he ate this much every day, how did he stay so fit? He had abs!

After I had finished my first slice, I felt like my stomach was going to explode. The pie was amazing- It was warm with fresh strawberries, and whipped cream topping it off. It was surely the best pie I've ever had.

The juke box began playing 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran. I squealed and jumped up from my seat. "Oh my gosh, I love this song!" I never really got excited over music, but Ed Sheeran made me really happy.

"Dance with me!" I grinned as I held out my hands.

Caesar wrinkled his nose. "Paige," he whined.

I stuck out my bottom lip. "Please? It would make me happy."

He smiled and stood up. "Fine."

I took his hands and pulled him closer to the juke box, where there was a clearing from the tables. He began to do some type of waltz dance to the beat.

The song ended and the couple nearby- a young man and woman who wore engagement rings- began to clap. I giggled and began to speak, but was quickly cut off.

Caesar was kissing me.

-

okay. so i'm really upset because i literally went from getting 1000+ reads a chapter to 60.

If nobody is going to read this story, what's the point? i really enjoy writing this but seriously.