17. Flashing Lights

You ring up customer after customer, your movements autonomous as your thoughts are plagued with memories of last night, how Reiner choked you during sex.

That was weird and... fucked up.

The vision of his dark violent eyes hovering above yours as he pressed harder and harder on your throat makes you feel sick, you still feel the crushing-

"Hey, stop dilly-dallying and get back to the register."

"Huh? Oh, sorry."

You wake from the nightmare and realize you've been staring down at the tea-sachets at the back counter, disarranging them.

Your heart momentarily stops as you turn around and see Eren at the register, talking to Levi about something, who leaves as you soon as you appear.

"Eren... hey."

He seems surprised to see you too, but he's quick to the rub the back of his neck and return the greeting.

"Hey, I didn't know you worked here."

"Yeah, I've been here for a year and a half. I didn't know you liked tea by the way." You say as you scan the couple boxes of lavender and chamomile tea.

"Oh, these... aren't for me, they're for Pieck."

"Oh, I see..."

There's a momentary pang in your heart at hearing her name, then another as you think about how many times he bought you things. He must treat Pieck better than he treated you. You wish you were her right now, rather than dating an oblivious asshole who still can't find the clit.

You change the subject and start wrapping the tea boxes, going slower than normal to drag out the encounter.

"So, do you bartend these days? Or do you just manage the bars?"

"Yeah I bartend sometimes, just to keep up good appearances. I'm... actually bartending at a club tomorrow as a favor for a friend."

"Did you end up getting that bar from the other day?"

"Yeah, I managed to snag it at a good price. So, I'll probably be visiting here more often..."

You look up from the cash register after he's paid and notice his eyes have locked on the faint bruising on your neck. You quickly pull your turtleneck up and hope he didn't look for too long, "Alright well, I have to go back to work so..."

"Oh, right, well... see you later then."

"See ya."

You exhale heavily as you watch him leave the shop, thankful he didn't say anything.

"Oi, you can go on break now."

"K."

You pull your phone out as you enter into the back room, finding a chair to sit in. There's a message from Mikasa sent an hour ago.

Mikasa
Hey, you should come clubbing with me tomorrow night.

~

Your diamond-strapped heels click on the pavement as you walk out to Mikasa's car, she whistles at you through open window, impressed by the black sparkly tight mesh long-sleeved dress with a black lingerie underneath. The outfit is complimented by your voluminous curled hair and diamond accessories.

"So that's where all your money went." She compliments as you get in.

"Hah, thanks. I think you look pretty hot too."

Now you notice she's wearing a lime green tube top with a black puffy jacket and leather miniskirt, accompanied by heeled doc martens, gold hoops and  gold chain.