20. The Sweet in the Bitter

You run your fingers through your damp hair, washing the rose-scented conditioner out.

The water washes away every touch of Reiner, every worry and doubt, every fleeting feeling of fear and anger. And with those washed down the drain, so too goes every little insecurity you had of yourself.

Once you're out, you make sure to lather yourself with silky expensive caramel scented lotion.

You slip yourself into a crimson lacy tank-top with a deep v-line, and tight high-waisted crimson velvet pants that flare out at the bottom to accentuate your ass and thighs.

Almost ready to go to the party tonight you don't know how you feel, it's a blend of heightened and mellow emotions.

You want Eren back, for some stupid, desperate reason unbeknownst to you. But Pieck makes you nervous, she's mysterious and intimidating in some way. You know she's beautiful, she smells good, she's rich, but... who's to say you aren't as well?

As you apply smoky eye makeup and red lipgloss you think back to how you felt small in her presence, how you thought you couldn't really compare. But as you look in the mirror now and put on gold hoops and a gold choker, you realize you don't need to feel small.

You could have sworn there was some semblance of a feeling in Eren's eyes when he looked at you at Sasha's party, seeing you with Reiner. In the past, you'd always go back to him, you couldn't seem to let go of him or even Reiner, it was sad and pathetic.

But now that you're single again, you don't have to do anything. He'll come to you if he wants you, you're done chasing.

You reach for your new bottle of Club De Nuit, a new scent of spice, rose, and vanilla. It feels like you're setting the bait, you just hope he'll bite.

You finish off the outfit with slightly platformed black heels, just showing under the flared pants.

... I want you to regret leaving me.

~

The party has more people than you expected to be here, likely because Jean likes big parties. You've seen Eren here and there a few times, but both of you keep moving between areas, so you haven't gotten any chances to talk.

Right now you're sitting in front of the tv with Mikasa and Historia, playing a drinking game.

Mikasa rolls the dice and it lands on six, she pulls a card.

"Okay, it says 'Take the amount of shots indicated by the dice or kiss the person to your right'. Psh, easy, pucker up y/n."

You laugh and lean in to Mikasa, quickly kissing her on the lips. Historia laughs as she rolls the dice, "Hahaha, you got lipgloss on her!"

Mikasa takes a drink and rubs her lips together, "Does it look good on me?"

"Very."

Historia rolls a three, "So, 'Take the amount of shots indicated by the dice or tell the group an embarrassing story' No oh my gosh, I have too many. I'll just take the shots."

Just then Historia's phone starts ringing. She looks at the caller and gives you both an apologetic look, "Sorry, Ymir is calling me, we'll have to pause the game."

"It's okay, I need to refill my drink anyways." You three disperse, Mikasa returning to a tipsy Jean and you heading for the drinks table.

"Tch, seriously?" You look down, and notice to your disappointment that there's no more fruit punch to mix into the vodka.

The party gets more quiet as you near the kitchen, your breath hitching when you step into the room.

Eren's at the counter with a pitcher of water, just about to pour in a scoop of red fruit punch mix. He turns to look at you, momentary surprise coveting his features as well.